d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Sold! - A New Button On Trade Threads.
Prev1121314
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 28 2023 09:34am
although it could prove useful for item searches, i don't think it would be all that impactful. a lot of users will just likely ignore or forget to click the button after they have completed a trade.

Quote (Kyhle @ Jun 23 2021 03:01am)
It will also increase the work load on staff and for a variety of reasons, ie reopening a topic someone accidentally clicked sold on or answer questions about how to use the Sold button.

what the moderation team wants to handle is on them, i'm not 1 and they can speak for themselves, but i'd agree this could increase workload more considerably than it appears on its surface.

the first problem is deciding if you can even return a thread to it's original "non-sold" state.
if not, i can see a lot of trades being initiated between 2 persons. person A clicks "sold", person B backs out of trade. person A has to make a new thread because they prematurely hit "sold".
even if you can, i can see a lot of people early bumping because they clicked "sold", for any length of time, and attempt to use that as an excuse for bumping a topic. "to let ppl know it wasn't sold".

this may not be said for every trade section, but for many sections you can separate items into 2 tiers. rare / common
you know what's happening with the "rare" stuff you have interest in. the "common" stuff may be sold, but can be easily refilled pending the user and/or circumstance. making the "common" threads a reusable asset, that a lot of users already don't take advantage of.

i'm mixed on the idea. i see where there would be benefit, but i am pessimistic about how a lot of users would implement it. just gonna null it with my 2 cents
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev1121314
Add Reply New Topic New Poll