d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Betting For Newcomers
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 46.34
Jun 8 2021 11:34am
Appreciated buddy! You’d think people who were on this site would know there’s about to be a bunch of newcomers due to D2R announcements lol

Thank you for the help
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jun 8 2021 02:14pm
Quote (Jetfire91 @ Jun 8 2021 01:34pm)
Appreciated buddy! You’d think people who were on this site would know there’s about to be a bunch of newcomers due to D2R announcements lol

Thank you for the help

It’s still a 21 year old game who many never truly left (including this site). So you might be surprised

Josh is a amazing guy to ask questions to, gl
Gold: 250.00
Jun 8 2021 02:40pm
Quote (Jetfire91 @ Jun 8 2021 10:34am)

Thank you for the help

To be honest, the VAST majority of new accounts on this site are people on a second+ account (we call them multis). Not all of them are malicious, some forgot their logon info, or have changed their account to avoid being harassed. Most multis are however users that got barred from betting because they repeatedly welched/broke rules, acted in such disingenuous ways that no one would deal with them, or they outright scammed others and keep making accounts now to try and scam more.

This is an unfortunate reality when dealing with people online, you never REALLY know who it is on the other end. This is why we have things set in place, like our mediators, or the sportbooks like LakeShow/Terps, who will take bets from anyone. You can of course do normal spread bets in those threads, but you have to follow official betting lines, which means often times you'll be wagering 105-115 to win 100. This is why it's easier to bet with normal users, but it's harder to find bets. As stated before, I am always willing and able to med. You don't need to get permission from me beforehand, simply send me the FG (make sure to label who you're betting against and what the line is) and then you can send me a follow-up PM with the thread if you'd like, or I can track it down, either way is fine.

It is true that certain members here ALWAYS give new members the third degree, but plenty of users are just like me, and we only give you a hard time if it's painfully obvious you're not what you say you are (some examples below)

Knowing information about users you couldn't possibly know (bringing up arguments/insults from before the user's join date)
knowing all the ins and outs of our forums within a day or two of joining
Going straight to Bar and Pub games upon joining the site (this forum is inhabited almost entirely by multis/scammers, there are some legit users, but a lot of shady people here)
or talking with the exact same mannerisms as a well known multi (doesn't happen often, but have caught a few this way)

Otherwise, I'll treat you how you treat me, and I will try to assist you in whatever way I can. Never fear to ask, if you have questions or get in a dispute or w/e, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to help get it sorted out.

I hope to see you around the Football and Rugby forum once the season starts, we're always glad to have new people that are passionate about sports.

Quote (Towns @ Jun 8 2021 01:14pm)
It’s still a 21 year old game who many never truly left (including this site). So you might be surprised

:hug:

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 8 2021 02:46pm
Gold: 46.34
Jun 8 2021 03:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 8 2021 03:40pm)
To be honest, the VAST majority of new accounts on this site are people on a second+ account (we call them multis). Not all of them are malicious, some forgot their logon info, or have changed their account to avoid being harassed. Most multis are however users that got barred from betting because they repeatedly welched/broke rules, acted in such disingenuous ways that no one would deal with them, or they outright scammed others and keep making accounts now to try and scam more.

This is an unfortunate reality when dealing with people online, you never REALLY know who it is on the other end. This is why we have things set in place, like our mediators, or the sportbooks like LakeShow/Terps, who will take bets from anyone. You can of course do normal spread bets in those threads, but you have to follow official betting lines, which means often times you'll be wagering 105-115 to win 100. This is why it's easier to bet with normal users, but it's harder to find bets. As stated before, I am always willing and able to med. You don't need to get permission from me beforehand, simply send me the FG (make sure to label who you're betting against and what the line is) and then you can send me a follow-up PM with the thread if you'd like, or I can track it down, either way is fine.

It is true that certain members here ALWAYS give new members the third degree, but plenty of users are just like me, and we only give you a hard time if it's painfully obvious you're not what you say you are (some examples below)

Knowing information about users you couldn't possibly know (bringing up arguments/insults from before the user's join date)
knowing all the ins and outs of our forums within a day or two of joining
Going straight to Bar and Pub games upon joining the site (this forum is inhabited almost entirely by multis/scammers, there are some legit users, but a lot of shady people here)
or talking with the exact same mannerisms as a well known multi (doesn't happen often, but have caught a few this way)

Otherwise, I'll treat you how you treat me, and I will try to assist you in whatever way I can. Never fear to ask, if you have questions or get in a dispute or w/e, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to help get it sorted out.

I hope to see you around the Football and Rugby forum once the season starts, we're always glad to have new people that are passionate about sports.

:hug:

Go birds!
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2021 03:52am
Quote (Towns @ Jun 9 2021 06:14am)

Me... haha
Gold: 2,487.88
Jun 30 2021 10:40am
Quote (MauKlasik @ Jun 22 2021 02:52am)
Me... haha

you speak indonesian?
Gold: 79,366.46
Jun 30 2021 11:04am
Quote (Odell @ Jun 30 2021 12:40pm)
you speak indonesian?

Yes
Gold: 0.00
Jun 30 2021 12:49pm
Quote (Towns @ Jun 8 2021 07:14pm)

Slurp
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 30 2021 01:36pm
Quote (Cbramgar @ Jun 30 2021 02:49pm)
Slurp

🥜
Gold: 417,705.00
Jul 7 2021 03:52am
Quote (Jetfire91 @ 4 Jun 2021 15:17)
Can someone please lead me to the watering well? Trying to figure out where I can bet without being accused of being a scammer or too new to the community. Diablo 2 remastered was announced a few months ago, and when I played 15 years ago I wasn’t old enough (or had money) to be purchasing items etc.

Just a fellow Diablo player trying to make my FG go up before the new game comes out

Thanks in Advance

Try rune scape
Go Back To Sports Coliseum Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll