d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > One Way Speed Of Light
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 28 2021 01:44pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 28 2021 11:31am)
Watch the veritasium video I linked. They go through a bunch of possible experimental setups and explain why they won't work.

Thanks man I appreciate further explanation but it doesn’t really answer my question.

Let’s say you have a beam that can shine north and south at the same time. It is positioned in the middle of 2 readers. We assume the clocks are not in sync. Shouldn’t we be able to get the time that the beam arrived in both sides and come up with a number regardless of what the clock says?

We would have the exact time the beam was turned on and we have the arrival time.

This post was edited by BigFat on May 28 2021 01:45pm
Gold: 260.11
May 28 2021 02:21pm
Quote (BigFat @ May 28 2021 02:44pm)
Thanks man I appreciate further explanation but it doesn’t really answer my question.

Let’s say you have a beam that can shine north and south at the same time. It is positioned in the middle of 2 readers. We assume the clocks are not in sync. Shouldn’t we be able to get the time that the beam arrived in both sides and come up with a number regardless of what the clock says?

We would have the exact time the beam was turned on and we have the arrival time.

Syncing clocks is just a short hand to say knowing the starting time. You have to know the starting time on each clock when you fire the photons and that is dependent on the speed of light in the reverse direction
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll