d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Macros & Meals
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,133.00
May 19 2021 02:04pm
Have a simple question when it comes to macros..

I'm currently 5' 11" and around 255lbs, down from 295lbs in December, and hit the gym 3-4 times a week doing about 60 minutes weights and 30 minutes cardio, ideally I want to be around 215-230lbs. I did interment fasting/lifting from December until now and that worked to get the majority of my fat down a significant level and now I'm looking to get the remainder of my fat gone and to tone up. I've read a couple articles and looked at some research and it shows my maintenance calories around 3000-3500 and a weight loss 2400-2600.

the issue is I've heard different stories of a 40/40/20 split of p/c/f is good and I've also heard a higher protein and lower carb diet would be best so I'm just looking for some guidance from the experienced guys.

Also if there are any meals you guys know to be good to hit the right macros feel free to drop them below. My schedule is a little hectic with OT and normal work but I'm trying to make this work as best as possible.

Thank you!
Gold: 0.00
May 22 2021 06:03pm
intermittent fasting , and keto look up keto and IF on youtube.

but to give a broad rapport you would skip breakfast eat lunch and diner no carbs 5% carbs, 70-75% fats, 20-25% protein (stay within 25g carbs per day no more)

and keep your electrolytes up - sodium / potassium / magnesium. you can get sodium from Himalayan salt, potassium from a no salt substitute found in grocery store, and magnesium supplement if you feel you need it. while you are on keto or you will feel sick

intermittent fasting - as i said skip breakfast a typical routine is 16/8 , 16 hours fasted with an 8 hour eating window. or you could do 18/6, 20/4 etc etc whichever is most sustainable for yourself.
Gold: 5.03
Jun 13 2021 08:17am
Continue to grind with IF man, it takes a bit longer then 6-9 months (OR LONGER) to see some serious progress. Keep your protein per day to at least a gram per pound of lean body mass, then control your calorie intake with that number in mind.

That has been a formula that has worked for years on my clients/members, with other variables involved ofc, but that's a good baseline.
Gold: 1,855.00
Jul 1 2021 12:49pm
Quote (T9000 @ May 22 2021 07:03pm)
intermittent fasting , and keto look up keto and IF on youtube.

but to give a broad rapport you would skip breakfast eat lunch and diner no carbs 5% carbs, 70-75% fats, 20-25% protein (stay within 25g carbs per day no more)

and keep your electrolytes up - sodium / potassium / magnesium. you can get sodium from Himalayan salt, potassium from a no salt substitute found in grocery store, and magnesium supplement if you feel you need it. while you are on keto or you will feel sick

intermittent fasting - as i said skip breakfast a typical routine is 16/8 , 16 hours fasted with an 8 hour eating window. or you could do 18/6, 20/4 etc etc whichever is most sustainable for yourself.

I always cringe when I hear people mention Keto.

Gold: 10,057.12
Warn: 50%
Jul 1 2021 07:57pm
Dont even worry about fat and carbs

Just make sure you're getting near 1 gram of protein per pound of bw

Carbs and fats will sort themselves if you eat sensibly
Gold: 1,855.00
Jul 2 2021 10:25am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Jul 1 2021 08:57pm)
Dont even worry about fat and carbs

Just make sure you're getting near 1 gram of protein per pound of bw

Carbs and fats will sort themselves if you eat sensibly

My understanding is .8 grams per lb is fine.

Eating sensibly can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Assuming a balanced diet with whole foods...sure.
Gold: 6,412.80
Jul 25 2021 07:30pm
go alkaline vegan, do intermittent fasting. hell if 70% of your week is alkaline vegan and you dont eat like 3 loaves of bread a day you will lose weight.

you don't have to become an actual vegan or vegetarian. eat clean alkaline vegan food, clean meals with fish if you must have meat, spoil yourself once every idk 7-10 days but don't go crazy. Have a burger covered in cheese ketchup bacon etc, or like 3 donuts for breakfast but then stick back to the diet

carbs = energy you need carbs just not crazy amounts of shit carbs with sugars, and starches. not all vegetables are created equal either, potatoes, carrots, rice (besides wild rice) all starch.

about 2-4 slices of homeade toasted spelt bread (no yeast) covered in walnut butter MMMMM MMMM MMMM.

1/4 cup fonio cooked in 1 cup brazil nut milk, served with a glass of brazil nut milk and i put walnut butter on top of the fonio and mash it around in it omg 2 best breakfasts i've ever had. super easy super healthy, lots of good carbs to give you energy for the day.

swordfish steak cooked in a pan on the stove top, with some oven baked portobello mushrooms & asparagus mmmm mmm mmm theres a good meal. this kinda eating will help you lose weight & it still tastes good. cut out blood, sugar, and starch, your left with an alkaline vegan diet, wana make it part vegetarian add seafood in there, still like having meat? cook it in a clean
way use alkaline vegetables and herbs to season, stay far away from alcohol, soda, any drink with sugar. you want sugar make a alkaline blueberry crumb tastey treat,
use date sugar if you need sugar for something, need to use potatoes use chayote squash.

idk might sound crazy to some but it works and you don't have to become a vegan just eat more vegan meals you simply cannot deny vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, herbs, and next out of that category is fish that is some of the healthiest shit you can put in your body hands down. Hell just drink only water if you are currently drinking alot of soda or alcohol and what not and you will begin to lose weight.

and anybody who told you you need 1g protein per 1 lb of body weight is retarded, you can still thrive on less tons less, as a matter afact protein multiplies cancer helps it grow, if you ate a balanced vegan diet you would get no where near 1g protein per 1lb body weight. Balanced diet will already have all the protein you will ever need.

Think simple. ya know they actually had a commercial that said cigarettes were good for you. don't buy into all the crap people found on tv.

Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Jul 26 2021 05:52am
Ignore 99% of this here.

P/f/c
40/40/20 is fine or 45/35/20 is fine.

For calories 3-4 days a week at the gym 2.4K is probably where you should be so if you want to cut, try 2.2k cals for a couple of weeks. Don’t lose more than 1-2lbs/week adjust io calories if losing too much

This post was edited by Greater on Jul 26 2021 05:52am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll