d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > First Hc Char
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 222.69
May 9 2021 10:43pm
What’s the safest rusher you can make in HC?
And the best mfer?
Gold: 0.00
May 10 2021 02:15am
If you can afford the appropriate gear, the answer is paladin
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 20%
May 23 2021 06:01am
video url
Gold: 3,780.00
May 27 2021 07:17pm
any char if built right
Gold: 10,683.02
May 28 2021 02:32am
java nice
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 6 2021 12:00pm
Bowa. Let me know if you want a proper simple guide.
Gold: 222.69
Jun 6 2021 01:04pm
Quote (Taurean @ Jun 7 2021 02:00am)
Bowa. Let me know if you want a proper simple guide.

I’m guessing sniping mobs and usage of knock back with high damage? Show us!
Jun 6 2021 01:56pm
Quote (Tarisus @ 6 Jun 2021 21:04)
I’m guessing sniping mobs and usage of knock back with high damage? Show us!

Yes, kind of.

Place first 4 (3 + den of evil) points in critical strike. Then 1 in magic arrow, and the next 3 in multishot, so you get 4 arrows. Use multishot when necessary.

Keep skilling critical strike. You can place 1 point in dodge. At level 12, have 1 point saved, place in avoid and penetrate.

When you get upwards to level 18, it is important that you start skilling guided arrow. This will be your main skill when you get it to a decent level. You can use guided arrow already at level 1 for bosses, if you have manage to attain a decent mana pool. Since each arrow cost 8 mana, you will have to use mana pots, but it is very nice to have every arrow it. Hopefully you have found 1 or 2 good gear pieces to help you out, and maybe a few charms. Socketed armors and helms is good help too.

Strafe is a good skill to use, but one thing that will become a problem with bowa, is attack rating. If you are not lucky with gear, you will start to struggle in act 4-5, and especially in nightmare. This is why emphasis on guided arrow is important. When you get it upwards to level 15-20, it cost 4.5-3.2 mana each. Now it becomes easier to use all the time.

Of course you must save a few points for valkyrie, which is a very important skill to try to constantly skill. When you hit 30, you will most likely have guided arrow at level ~10. If you feel you are getting by quite good with guided arrow's mana cost not being too much of a nuisance, keep skilling valkryie.

Act 2 merc is of course the merc of choice.

This ladder, i made a barbarian to accompany the bowa. The reason was to quest bug diablo. I play legit, so the way i do it, is to first do den of evil and blood raven with both characters in different games. Then run through entire act 1 with bowa, so that you get the important waypoints and can easily find them and the route with the barb (or your character of choice). You must skill the barb up so he can take the act boss, so this is important. If nothing else, you can make 2 bowas if that is the most comfortable.

Do this with each act. When you get to act 4, run through with bowa, but stop at river of flame with both characters. Make a new game with the barbarian. Run forward with bowa, getting diablo down to ~90% hp. Then quit and rejoin with the barbarian, and kill diablo, advancing to act 5. Now you can make games with the barbarian, and rejoin with the bowa, doing diabloruns and getting quest drops infinitely! This vastly increases drop rates! I found quite good gear from normal diablo, and within 2 weeks of regular gameplay (average 3-4 hours a day), i was in act 4 nightmare, and had found buriza-do kyanon for bowa, also having made a harmony rune bow! Also found bonesnap for barb on normal diablo, which i skilled with concentrate, bashing nightmare bosses down in surprisingly few hits! Made it a joy to use the barbarian! (Continues in next post)
Jun 6 2021 01:58pm
You are of course correct; Staying away from monsters is the key. In nightmare, two monsters that are especially dangerous, are the scarab demons which emit lightning bolts, and the "tainted" monsters, those that shoot lightning balls from their mouths. The boss version packs of those can quickly kill you. So be very careful to not rush ahead. Cast decoy and valkyrie around corners to see if there are monsters there. Sometimes you may encounter a boss pack that is too strong to pass, then you must retreat and maybe advance again, killing off 1 or 2 monsters at a time. If you rush ahead, you will sooner or later die. Taking lag spikes and computer errors into consideration is important too. 1-2 seconds in the wrong spot is all it takes.

You can also argue if mephisto isn't an easier boss to run, due to the moat trick and obvious advantage with ranged attack. That is up to you. My biggest problem is the labyrinths. I hate running through those corners, searching for the passages. It consumes a lot of time, and increases risk. Chaos sanctuary has an easy path in there, it is nice, open and space-y. Diablo though is a difficult boss, you must be on your toes, and you cannot afford a lag spike or computer error. He also has a nasty skill: Bone prison. If he use that one you, sometimes, you can SEEMINGLY run out of it unhindered - but that is just a bug! I have died to that once; I seemed to be running away, but he cast lightning hose on me and i died before realizing what happened; While my bowa was 1 screen away from the bone prison. So if he use that skill on you, the best bet is to save and exit, and re-enter the game. If you have good enough instincts, and if you know you can kill the bone prison with 3-5 shots, AND you watch diablo's movements and see that he does not cast firestorm or lightning hose, you can dedicatedly shoot down the bone prison.

The first times killing diablo is also quite painstaking; You most likely have a low-tier bow, dealing no more than maybe 100 damage on average. In normal he has ~14 000 hit points. So after critical strike, and if you manage to get your merc to deal a few thousand damage, and factor in diablo's block chance which is 33%, you must shoot at least 1 full quiver of guided arrows to get him down. Mephisto, in comparison, has only ~6000 hit points. In nightmare, diablo has a whopping ~90 000 hit points, and 40% chance to block! So if you haven't found a good bow and don't deal much more than 200 average damage i can perfectly understand if you want to do mephisto runs instead, although he still have ~75 000 hit points, you can do the moat trick. But one thing to watch out for, is the council members. They can be dangerously fast, and if lightning enchanted, the bolts can kill you quickly.

So it is a dangerous and devious battle, but that just adds to the fun ^^ If you feel you want to do maybe 10-15 quest bugged mephisto runs first, that is just okay too.

That is pretty much it :) When you manage to get a good bow, that is the time to consider reskilling to strafe. It made nightmare quest bugged diablo runs a joy. I was ready to move on to hell, but lost motivation then, i thought i'd wait to the reset, i started this ladder in april. The one thing to remember is that if you move ahead without finding at least a decent bow, you will just end up spending so much time advancing, that you will lose motivation. Quest bug boss runs until you at least find a good rare bow. 5% chance to cast amplify damage is a really good skill.
Gold: 370.00
Jun 6 2021 04:13pm
Quote (Taurean @ 6 Jun 2021 22:58)
You are of course correct; Staying away from monsters is the key. In nightmare, two monsters that are especially dangerous, are the scarab demons which emit lightning bolts, and the "tainted" monsters, those that shoot lightning balls from their mouths. The boss version packs of those can quickly kill you. So be very careful to not rush ahead. Cast decoy and valkyrie around corners to see if there are monsters there. Sometimes you may encounter a boss pack that is too strong to pass, then you must retreat and maybe advance again, killing off 1 or 2 monsters at a time. If you rush ahead, you will sooner or later die. Taking lag spikes and computer errors into consideration is important too. 1-2 seconds in the wrong spot is all it takes.

You can also argue if mephisto isn't an easier boss to run, due to the moat trick and obvious advantage with ranged attack. That is up to you. My biggest problem is the labyrinths. I hate running through those corners, searching for the passages. It consumes a lot of time, and increases risk. Chaos sanctuary has an easy path in there, it is nice, open and space-y. Diablo though is a difficult boss, you must be on your toes, and you cannot afford a lag spike or computer error. He also has a nasty skill: Bone prison. If he use that one you, sometimes, you can SEEMINGLY run out of it unhindered - but that is just a bug! I have died to that once; I seemed to be running away, but he cast lightning hose on me and i died before realizing what happened; While my bowa was 1 screen away from the bone prison. So if he use that skill on you, the best bet is to save and exit, and re-enter the game. If you have good enough instincts, and if you know you can kill the bone prison with 3-5 shots, AND you watch diablo's movements and see that he does not cast firestorm or lightning hose, you can dedicatedly shoot down the bone prison.

The first times killing diablo is also quite painstaking; You most likely have a low-tier bow, dealing no more than maybe 100 damage on average. In normal he has ~14 000 hit points. So after critical strike, and if you manage to get your merc to deal a few thousand damage, and factor in diablo's block chance which is 33%, you must shoot at least 1 full quiver of guided arrows to get him down. Mephisto, in comparison, has only ~6000 hit points. In nightmare, diablo has a whopping ~90 000 hit points, and 40% chance to block! So if you haven't found a good bow and don't deal much more than 200 average damage i can perfectly understand if you want to do mephisto runs instead, although he still have ~75 000 hit points, you can do the moat trick. But one thing to watch out for, is the council members. They can be dangerously fast, and if lightning enchanted, the bolts can kill you quickly.

So it is a dangerous and devious battle, but that just adds to the fun ^^ If you feel you want to do maybe 10-15 quest bugged mephisto runs first, that is just okay too.

That is pretty much it :) When you manage to get a good bow, that is the time to consider reskilling to strafe. It made nightmare quest bugged diablo runs a joy. I was ready to move on to hell, but lost motivation then, i thought i'd wait to the reset, i started this ladder in april. The one thing to remember is that if you move ahead without finding at least a decent bow, you will just end up spending so much time advancing, that you will lose motivation. Quest bug boss runs until you at least find a good rare bow. 5% chance to cast amplify damage is a really good skill.

dont listen this random bot ! :banana:

Best char is Paladin

Naked char rando items = Dual Sorc - u can rush till hell easy - depends your game play experience
enjoy game
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll