d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Authorised Sites
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
May 9 2021 10:01am
A general rule of thumb is if it is able to follow all the rules d2jsp.org has, then d2jsp.org staff may allow it.

If the site goes against the rules d2jsp.org has, then you are better to steer away from that idea or inquire with the correct member of the staff about it.

I suggest reading all the site rules, trading rules, and any sub-forum rules our site has to better understand if the site you wish to share is viable, then checking with a staff member to feel comfortable about sharing it yourself.

Good luck and Hf!

Senior Moderator
Gold: 18,176.69
Trader: Mediator
May 9 2021 11:55am
Quote (xhul @ May 9 2021 03:08am)
That's the thing, rule 13 states the site has to be authorised, but there is no actual way to know if it is.
The calculator i want to share has data for both classic & LOD (silospen doesn't unfortunately).
I PMed a staffy anyway.

If you check individual section rules for each game, exceptions and authorized sites will be listed there
some games don't have outside links posted

If you are ever unsure, just shoot a pm to a member of staff who runs that section and they will give you a clear cut answer
Gold: 418.00
May 9 2021 12:56pm
Quote (Udsuna @ May 9 2021 07:55pm)
If you check individual section rules for each game, exceptions and authorized sites will be listed there

If you are ever unsure, just shoot a pm to a member of staff who runs that section and they will give you a clear cut answer

Thanks for the clarification, but it sounds easier than it actually is.
Specifically, the section where i want to post the links is : https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=57
I can't seem to find individual rules there whatsoever, neither in the D2 mother section.
Finding the staff member that runs the classic section isn't intuitive either.
And it appears external links are somehow allowed there, since there are some in the stickies.

This post was edited by xhul on May 9 2021 12:58pm
May 9 2021 04:33pm
Quote (xhul @ 9 May 2021 11:56)
Thanks for the clarification, but it sounds easier than it actually is.
Specifically, the section where i want to post the links is : https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=57
I can't seem to find individual rules there whatsoever, neither in the D2 mother section.
Finding the staff member that runs the classic section isn't intuitive either.
And it appears external links are somehow allowed there, since there are some in the stickies.

I think what Udsuna is trying to say is what is currently authorized, is found within our forums, and as you mentioned, sticky topics.

At the same time some games and other websites cannot be linked to our site, just like some discords that may violate d2jsp.org rules.

So regarding rule 13, and if a site is authorized to post here, you now have your answer, and different places to find it.

If you cannot seem to find the correct staff member to contact about a site you wish to use on this site and for the correct purpose, you could try the Contact Tool located at the bottom of the page. Alternatively you could try contacting a staff member of a similar like sub-forum in which may be able to direct you in the right direction, if they happen to mention they can help you with questions or other similar interest on our site.

I hope you find out what you are looking for, and able to gather what you may need to present something new to the community in current or future time.

May 9 2021 06:04pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ May 10 2021 12:33am)
I think what Udsuna is trying to say is what is currently authorized, is found within our forums, and as you mentioned, sticky topics.

At the same time some games and other websites cannot be linked to our site, just like some discords that may violate d2jsp.org rules.

So regarding rule 13, and if a site is authorized to post here, you now have your answer, and different places to find it.

If you cannot seem to find the correct staff member to contact about a site you wish to use on this site and for the correct purpose, you could try the Contact Tool located at the bottom of the page. Alternatively you could try contacting a staff member of a similar like sub-forum in which may be able to direct you in the right direction, if they happen to mention they can help you with questions or other similar interest on our site.

I hope you find out what you are looking for, and able to gather what you may need to present something new to the community in current or future time.

So you're telling me that to know if i can provide a link to a site, i have to examine absolutely all stickied topics in the section, one by one?
Having to perform such an investigation is the opposite of what i call convenient, but whatever, i did it.
Currently, only 1 external site is actually linked (not counting images, and links leading to dead pages), and it's the arreat summit.
So, should i understand that anything that isn't http://classic.battle.net/ can't be linked at all?

About staff members, my message wasn't answered, and i'm pretty sure it will never be.
And i'm afraid i won't have more time to play the "guess the right staff member" game until i get an answer.

#####

Anyway, it's time for me to give up, thanks to everybody who tried to help me, it was appreciated, no matter the result =]
May 9 2021 06:30pm
Quote (xhul @ 9 May 2021 17:04)
So you're telling me that to know if i can provide a link to a site, i have to examine absolutely all stickied topics in the section, one by one?
Having to perform such an investigation is the opposite of what i call convenient, but whatever, i did it.
Currently, only 1 external site is actually linked (not counting images, and links leading to dead pages), and it's the arreat summit.
So, should i understand that anything that isn't http://classic.battle.net/ can't be linked at all?

About staff members, my message wasn't answered, and i'm pretty sure it will never be.
And i'm afraid i won't have more time to play the "guess the right staff member" game until i get an answer.

#####

Anyway, it's time for me to give up, thanks to everybody who tried to help me, it was appreciated, no matter the result =]

I am explaining to you where you can find authorized sites, and all across our site. You can find links to authorized sites in more than just the Classic Diablo Forum, such as our programming section.

Having a site authorized on d2jsp.org is not a legal trade or service here, and thus readily information about what sites are allowed and more is not something you may find a whole lot of information about. I suggest being patient with the staff and waiting to hear back from whomever you contacted, as you are requesting to bring something to our site that you cannot already find here. Remember, you are asking or inquiring about a site you want to link on d2jsp.org, in which you cannot find here already, that may follow the site rules. That is awesome, so if it happens and it is good for our members, then Thank You! :hug:

May 9 2021 08:48pm
Quote (Sempervirens @ May 10 2021 02:30am)
I am explaining to you where you can find authorized sites, and all across our site. You can find links to authorized sites in more than just the Classic Diablo Forum, such as our programming section.

Having a site authorized on d2jsp.org is not a legal trade or service here, and thus readily information about what sites are allowed and more is not something you may find a whole lot of information about. I suggest being patient with the staff and waiting to hear back from whomever you contacted, as you are requesting to bring something to our site that you cannot already find here. Remember, you are asking or inquiring about a site you want to link on d2jsp.org, in which you cannot find here already, that may follow the site rules. That is awesome, so if it happens and it is good for our members, then Thank You! :hug:

Thanks for your time & optimism.
My point is that having to check the entirety of the forum(s) to know if a site has previously been authorised is sketchy, not a great user experience, and i believe discourages access to useful information.
I mean, how about an official list that's updated everytime a staff member authorises a new site?
Doesn't sound that hard to do, and that would also ensure that staff members are contacted for new sites only.
You then put a link to that list next to rule#13, tada!
May 9 2021 09:16pm
Quote (xhul @ 9 May 2021 19:48)
Thanks for your time & optimism.
My point is that having to check the entirety of the forum(s) to know if a site has previously been authorised is sketchy, not a great user experience, and i believe discourages access to useful information.
I mean, how about an official list that's updated everytime a staff member authorises a new site?
Doesn't sound that hard to do, and that would also ensure that staff members are contacted for new sites only.
You then put a link to that list next to rule#13, tada!

Sure thing.

While you feel this way about how the site has this currently set up, general help is really no place to complain.

Rule 13 is in no way to discourage you from sharing authorized sites here, and the community here has tried to point you in a direct that may help you better understand what kind of websites can be authorized on our site, and who to contact. Managing a real time list of authorized sites is a completely different activity, and would require staff to constantly maintain and correct links going outside of the site, while nearly all information can be brought or discussed here by members in general already.

If you can think of a site suggestion that would make what you want to do user friendly, and you think it would be good for the site and you have sure ideas to support it, you could always try making a post in site suggestions. Within that forum is sticky topic giving you examples of how to make a good site suggestion topic.

If you have any additional questions, concerns, or more you are welcome to send me a pm. If you want a timely response from anyone in the community, continue to try general help and you will most likely get answers that will point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Gold: 333.33
May 9 2021 10:09pm
Quote (Udsuna @ May 9 2021 01:55pm)

Thanks for the great answer!
Gold: 0.01
May 9 2021 11:33pm
Quote (Udsuna @ May 9 2021 01:55pm)

Easy and logical answer.

Thanks.
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev123Next
Closed New Topic