d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D2r Over D4
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Aug 19 2021 08:38pm
Quote (Kickapoo @ May 7 2021 06:52pm)
D2 and D3 both sucked before their expansion after all.

Uhm, no. D2 did not suck before expansion. Sure there were only 4 acts, however the 5 classes were completely distinct, and they had brand-new stuff going on. Stuff that did not exist before in D1. Auras were completely new, necro's ability to raise undead armies, was new. Whereas if you look at D2 expansion chars, the druid and the assasin, they are just rehashes of the other chars. Assassin's light traps are essentially sorceress's hydras that shoot lightning instead of fire balls. Death sentry is just corpse explosion that deals lightning damage instead of fire. She has a shadow warrior and a shadow master, which are pretty much copies of the Amazon's decoy and valk. Druid has summonables which are similar to necro's summons. And his elemental attacks are very similar to sorc's elemental attacks except with different graphics. Hurricane, as far as I know, auto-attacks everything within range, which is similar to thunderstorm.

People have mentioned cash-grabbing and if I had to use this term, then I would use it to describe the D2 expansion. The two new classes had nothing new or original.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Aug 19 2021 08:59pm
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll