d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > I Cant Stand Emailing Car Dealerships On Cars And.
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,385.09
Mar 31 2021 02:54pm
They send some generic ass reply.

Like I inquired, asked 3 questions. If you cant spend time to read my inquiry and answer or at least awknowledge my questions. Im good.

Sorry, just a vent, emailed 3 dealers yesterday 2 auto replies with an auto reply today. 1 Dealer at least answered the questions, and then followed up to my other questions.
Members++
Gold: 6,779.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 1 2021 10:09pm
From personal experience they don’t really try until the end of the month when they’re under budget for units sold. It’s frustrating for sure. My favorite is when they force you to inquire for the price of the vehicle and then refuse to tell you without a test drive.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 3,835.50
Apr 4 2021 07:05pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Mar 31 2021 04:54pm)
They send some generic ass reply.

Like I inquired, asked 3 questions. If you cant spend time to read my inquiry and answer or at least awknowledge my questions. Im good.

Sorry, just a vent, emailed 3 dealers yesterday 2 auto replies with an auto reply today. 1 Dealer at least answered the questions, and then followed up to my other questions.

This is my experience contacting dealers regarding getting a C8.
Not sure if all these replies are generated or stupid people not reading.
Apr 4 2021 07:53pm
Quote (ArtofApocalypse @ Apr 4 2021 08:05pm)

Just an FYI, like 99.9% of C8s listed at MSRP are sold orders. Either pay up a little extra for a Used (Private Party if you have sales tax) or get on a list. I landed my C8 from a dealer at MSRP from pure shit luck lol. Beautiful car, and fucking a black. Im on 2 lists for allocations still, so if you dont have luck, I may be able to help you in like July/Sep. One of the Allocations I dont really trust the dealer. He told me April, and I said bullshit, but Ill put my money down if and see your word. Its gone from April to Sep and I fully assume January will be my actual date with them. The other guy, Pretty confident June/July
Apr 4 2021 07:54pm
Quote (ArtofApocalypse @ Apr 4 2021 08:05pm)

https://flic.kr/p/2kwS1QE[/url]https://flic.kr/p/2kwS1QE by https://www.flickr.com/photos/87930945@N06/, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/2kwWgAC[/url]https://flic.kr/p/2kwWgAC by https://www.flickr.com/photos/87930945@N06/, on Flickr
Retired Moderator
Apr 4 2021 08:12pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Apr 4 2021 09:53pm)
Just an FYI, like 99.9% of C8s listed at MSRP are sold orders. Either pay up a little extra for a Used (Private Party if you have sales tax) or get on a list. I landed my C8 from a dealer at MSRP from pure shit luck lol. Beautiful car, and fucking a black. Im on 2 lists for allocations still, so if you dont have luck, I may be able to help you in like July/Sep. One of the Allocations I dont really trust the dealer. He told me April, and I said bullshit, but Ill put my money down if and see your word. Its gone from April to Sep and I fully assume January will be my actual date with them. The other guy, Pretty confident June/July

Yeah I'll be choosing a dealer here soon to get my name on their list. Just my interactions with each of them turn me off but I have to go with one.
When you put money down to join their list, anything in writing or contractual that says hey this $5k is for a C8?
2/3 dealerships told me about a year.

Also I think that looks like a Z51, did you get the front lift? What about 3LT?
I am not decided yet on my exact build but from my understanding I'll be able to change while on list up until a Sales Order.

This post was edited by ArtofApocalypse on Apr 4 2021 08:13pm
Gold: 25,073.01
Apr 4 2021 08:52pm
grats man. I'm thinking about trying to get a c8 z06 when they release... sure theres going to be some good markup on em.
Apr 5 2021 11:21am
Quote (Epicexecution @ Apr 4 2021 09:52pm)
grats man. I'm thinking about trying to get a c8 z06 when they release... sure theres going to be some good markup on em.

Look around now, most top dealers have lists started up, or will start a list once the Z06 is formally announced And thanks!.
Apr 5 2021 11:25am
Quote (ArtofApocalypse @ Apr 4 2021 09:12pm)
Yeah I'll be choosing a dealer here soon to get my name on their list. Just my interactions with each of them turn me off but I have to go with one.
When you put money down to join their list, anything in writing or contractual that says hey this $5k is for a C8?
2/3 dealerships told me about a year.

Also I think that looks like a Z51, did you get the front lift? What about 3LT?
I am not decided yet on my exact build but from my understanding I'll be able to change while on list up until a Sales Order.

Yea, 3lt with front lift.
Honestly, I didnt care for the front lift, the noise bothered me when I would use it to test out, and still drove safely around. It sounded like a grind like the C5 head lights lol.

And yea, Z51, the exhaust note imo sucked though. Very quite

Most guys want $2,500 down to get on the list, and another $2,500 when the allocation comes up. MacCulkin (spelling?) Kerbeck and Matick seem to be the safest, more reliable dealers. I have deposites with Matick and some random Indianpolis Dealer because they said like April, but I didnt believe them. So who knows on them.

Im debating to try a 1lt Convertible on the first one that comes up for me, have a dealer who said unless things change they would offer MSRP + Tax + a few G on the order. So I could see if I hate the 1LT as much as I think I would, and try the HTC. I hate you cant see the engine on the HTC, but I love Drop Tops. Also dont like the $6k or so charge for HTC. So Ill prob stick with a 2LT coupe on the order lol
Retired Moderator
Apr 5 2021 12:34pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Apr 5 2021 01:25pm)
Yea, 3lt with front lift.
Honestly, I didnt care for the front lift, the noise bothered me when I would use it to test out, and still drove safely around. It sounded like a grind like the C5 head lights lol.

And yea, Z51, the exhaust note imo sucked though. Very quite

Most guys want $2,500 down to get on the list, and another $2,500 when the allocation comes up. MacCulkin (spelling?) Kerbeck and Matick seem to be the safest, more reliable dealers. I have deposites with Matick and some random Indianpolis Dealer because they said like April, but I didnt believe them. So who knows on them.

Im debating to try a 1lt Convertible on the first one that comes up for me, have a dealer who said unless things change they would offer MSRP + Tax + a few G on the order. So I could see if I hate the 1LT as much as I think I would, and try the HTC. I hate you cant see the engine on the HTC, but I love Drop Tops. Also dont like the $6k or so charge for HTC. So Ill prob stick with a 2LT coupe on the order lol

Dealers around me are just charging MSRP + Tax for new orders, so I assume yours is from stock inventory?

This post was edited by ArtofApocalypse on Apr 5 2021 12:34pm
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll