d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > I Just Dont Understand
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2021 07:38pm
how lazy and retarded some people are.

i had a tire pop on me and because they already patched it once and the puncture being too close to the old patch they decide to warranty me two new rear tires. so they change the 2 rear tires for me no problems and i head out on my way. after a couple trips to work i realize that my fucking truck is all over the road, like pulling randomly from side to side. i talk to my neighbour and he says trucks don't like it when you have 2 new tires and 2 old ones @ like 50%.

so before bringing it back to the tire shop i bring in my truck for an oil change/rotation to a local mechanic. fyi i've always changed my own oil but i don't have garage access since we've moved and its real muddy out here in the winter so i figure these guys can handle it its just a fucking oil change.

i pick up the vehicle, drive home, pull the dipstick, come back 10 minutes later and check the oil. its a bit closer to the second dot on dipstick than i would like but whatever its fine.

so about a week later i called the tire shop and told them what was going on and they decide to warranty me new front tires aswell. which im like alright cool thats fair, just gotta pay the labour to switch em out.

i bring in the truck, and they go sorry sir someone seems to have stripped the "toyota lugnut key". there is one different lug nut with a special key to remove on each tire designed for anti theft.

so they have to drill it out or whatever and replace the 4 lugnuts with new ones. im kinda suspicious that they stripped it trying to get the tire off but i have no proof so i eat the 200$ bill for labour and new lugnuts.

now today my oil is due, and i've been going through a rough patch here mentally the last few weeks and work is really busy and stressful so i decide to just bring it to jiffy lube to have them change the oil because i don't feel like doing it myself.

so what does the guy tell me as he's under the truck? the fucking skid plate bolts are all over torqued. every single fucking one. they won't even attempt to break them because they know they will probably snap and they can't replace them.

now i would be inclined to think oh it must be these kids at jiffy lube don't know what they're doing but after going through the tire deal i'm about 99% certain the mechanic i brought in for a oilchange/rotation stripped my lugnut key and overtorqued my skid plate.

i mean do people not care and just impact every fucking bolt tight without even looking up specs and using a torque wrench?

so now i have to bring it to toyota and have them break the bolts and the guy at toyota says hopefully they didn't overtorque the oil filter aswell.

so i debated going down to the mechanic and just fucking giving it to him, but i've been working on my anger issues so instead of losing it, im here writing this down and i'm already starting to feel better and realizing that its not worth it mentally to get angry over things you can't control.

i'm just very disappointed.

anyway what can ya do.

2015 runner sr5
duratracs

This post was edited by Sapo92 on Mar 8 2021 07:46pm
Members++
Gold: 6,129.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 9 2021 01:10pm
The skid plate bolts are notorious for seizing. But I'm 90% sure that's because the lazy lube techs put 3 ugga duggas on them.
Wheel lock key shearing is definitely someone abusing the key with an impact.
Get it fixed and bring the bill to the guy that did it.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 9 2021 05:13pm
Quote (OEM @ 9 Mar 2021 11:10)
The skid plate bolts are notorious for seizing. But I'm 90% sure that's because the lazy lube techs put 3 ugga duggas on them.
Wheel lock key shearing is definitely someone abusing the key with an impact.
Get it fixed and bring the bill to the guy that did it.

Ya i guess living in a rainforest doesnt help with the seizing plus the amount of ripping around in the bush we do. At this point i think its a he said she said kinda deal so i dont see any point trying to recoup, ill just wait till i see what toyota says and go from there. If the oil filter is over torqued tho there is a good chance ill be giving him a peice of my mind :)

I
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll