d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Lld Vt Guide (updated)
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 265.00
Mar 4 2021 11:35pm

Break Down ; V/T (Vindicator Templar) a true underdog with no real favorable match ups out side of melee range. V/T struggles generally in the 1 vs 1 scene (out side of LLD VTPK). However V/T's shine in Team duels providing multiple different auras to assist their team composition. V/T also requires a good amount of finesse to pilot properly. Most of the gear can be budget and competitive, some other gear can be slightly expensive.

This guide will focus primarily on V/T builds between 65 - 70 strength for higher life. There are builds that focus on strength to add more damage to smite , these are called titans. Both are good in their own perspective.

Stats

Strength: Enough to wear your gear. You can also use one 5+ strength large charm to reach 70 strength to strength bug gothic plates which helps slightly with synch.
Dexterity: Enough for Max Block on both swap sides, remember to calculate Holy shield. ( Activate it before adding into dex)
Vitality: All remaining stat points.
Energy: None.

Build(s)

Vindicator Templar is a hybrid class that focuses on using Smite, Fist of Heavens and different auras. Mainly a support class.
V/T have a few different types of builds that revolved around their main weapon. Most commonly used weapons are the Flail and the Scepter. In some rare cases you may find a V/T using a Cutlass. Usually sol runes are socketed in the shield, helm, and armor. It is not uncommon for V/T's to opt for 20% ed +str res jewels for more damage and better res.

Skill distribution

Only one point may be skilled into Prayer and Cleanse.

Combat tree

Max Smite/Max Holy shield
1 Charge/ 1 Blessed Hammer/ 1 Holy Bolt

Offensive tree

Zero if you're using a scepter with + to Fanaticism, for any other build that doesn't use a scepter with Fanat ;1 Might/ 1 Blessed aim/1 Concentration/1 Fanaticism. Same logic applies to builds focusing around Concentration.

Defensive tree

1 Prayer/ 1 Defiance/ 1 Vigor/ 1 Meditation/ 1 Cleanse

You will find your self with some extra points, I recommend placing them into Meditation.

Inventory

You're inventory will consist mostly of 15 life 12 mana small charms (30x) or any thing close to that and a few 15 life +resistance small charms (8-10) for vs conviction, lower resistance and cold mastery. Average life and mana you want to aim for should be around 900- 1.1k hp and about 600 mana (the more mana the better). As a V/T , you depend alot on the mobility from charge so having a large mana pool helps tremendously.
Mar 4 2021 11:36pm
Gear

For gear there are many different combinations of upgrades you can choose from. Pick from what you can afford and upgrade when possible.

Traditionally Smiters use'd 5os Scepters that gave Fanaticism with 3x sheals and some form of stat res jewels. Since then Smiter's adopted the ctc amp ( 5% chance to cast Amplify Damage on strike) ; 3os flail and the 3os scepter with Fanaticism. And now we've encountered even better weapons!

Below are examples of what to hunt for.

Unique Spirit Shourd - Great armor with 1+ skill ( the best way to increase smite damage is use + to combat) and can not be frozen, also gives a good chunk of life rep.

Unique Viper Magi - One of the better options vs elemental dmg and for using teleport staff.

Unique RattleCage - Not as popular , but you can reach max cb (50%) with goblin toes.

Unique Rockfleece - The damage reduction % and flat damage reduction make this armor great against pysical damage.

Unique Sword Back - Make sure to upgrade this shield into a Barbed shield base (1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version) to provide the maximum amount of base smite damage. This shield is normally used as a budget shield till you get one with 2+pcombat, if you happen to enjoy using it then make sure to add a jewel or rune that is level 25 or below to avoid the item level from passing level 30.

Unique Goblin Toes - 25% crushing blow, these boots give tons of extra damage and are great vs sorcerers energy shield and necromancers bone armor.

Magic 3 open socket 80 life Mage plate - You can add different runes or jewels to create a nice custom armor. Most use sol runes to stack flat damage reduction or enhanced damage% +strength for some extra smite damage.

Unique Ice Blink - Interesting armor , its the only armor in lld that provides the mod "freezes target". This works for smite, meaning you can freeze them with smite.

Rare/Magic Barbed Shield - 2+ paly combat 20 faster block rate 30 increase chance to block 2os. These can spawn as rare with different useful mods, eth rep ones are great vs ww barb.

Rare/Magic Eth rep High defense armor - These are great against most opponent with high physical damaging, like whirlwind barbs. Try and get one with life and 2os make sure its also self repair. *I used eth Silks of the Victor as a temp at one point, but the str was 90 so I had to use a -15 req 12 dtm jewel.

Magic Circlet 1+ all paly or 2+ paly combat 80 life - Much like the magic 3 open socket 80 life Mage plate, you can custom these with sol runes to stack flat damage reduction or enhanced damage% +strength for some extra smite damage.The 1+ paly is for Team fights, but if you need more damage 2+ paly combat is the way to go.

Rare Circlet 1+ all paly or 2+ paly combat +life/ +life rep/ +mana/ + res - These are rare and can be expensive but provide a some more flexibility, again if its a 1+ paly then its better for Team fights, 2+ paly combat for more damage. 3-4 flat damage reduction can spawn on these!

Rare Amy 1+ all paly or 2+ paly combat +life +life rep +mana + res - Standard end game amulet. 3-4 flat damage reduction can spawn on these!

Magic Amy 1+ all paly or 2+ paly combat 80 hp - Standard budget amulet.

Crafted gloves 10% cb 10 ias +life - These are great for more damage with crushing blow , requires 60 ias on weapon normally.

Unique Blood Fist - Not the best but one of the better options , requires 60 ias on weapon normally.

Set Sander Gloves - 40 Life 20 ias, these gloves are more commonly used for builds that run 2x sheals weapons.

Set Immortal king gloves and Belt combo - The 25 ias str and dex are all great for titan builds.

Rune word Honor - 3+ foh 3+ conviction , standard fost of heaven weapon on swap. Make sure to use War Scepter for lower str builds.

Magic Foh Scepter - 2+ paly combat 3+Fist of Heavens 3+Conviction 2os (these can spawn with life replenish). Meditation, holy shock, holy fire, vigor, fist of heaven, charge, and cleanse are all super helpful mods to consider when hunting for one. [2x stat/res jewel]

Magic Hawk Branded Flail of Amp - 2+ paly combat 2os. [2x sheal]

Magic Hawk Branded War Scepter of Amp - 2+ paly combat 3+ Fanaticism/3+Concentration 2os.[2x sheal]

Rare Flail - 2os 30 ias base 2+ paly combat ctc amp.[2x sheal]

Rare Scepter - 2os 30 ias base 2+combat +3 Fanaticism or +3 Concentration 5% ctc amp (super rare +3 holy shield). [2x sheal]

Rare light/mid armor - 24 fhr 2os 60 life 30 light resistance 3 damange reduction. These are more popular for LLD VTPK but can be jeweled to fight other classes. [2x sol or 2x ed% str jewel]
Mar 4 2021 11:37pm
Here are a few builds I'd like to share.

Vtpk

Vtpk

Vt vs all

Gold: 0.12
Mar 4 2021 11:39pm
I’d put difficulty at 2-3
Team pk would probably be a 2 aswell... no one wants to team w/ a v/t.
Damage would probably be a 2 aswell, especially compared to other physical dmg characters.

Vs melee is probably 4 though... should add that.
Mar 4 2021 11:59pm
Quote (Avenged321 @ Mar 4 2021 10:39pm)
Damage would probably be a 2 aswell, especially compared to other physical dmg characters.

This is probably true for west, lots of weak and ignorante duelers there :rofl:
Mar 5 2021 12:01am
Quote (danzeva @ Mar 4 2021 09:59pm)
This is probably true for west, lots of weak and ignorante duelers there :rofl:

Weird take considering a west player ran the vt ladder w/ some random 200fg din he threw together... plz don’t talk reckless, I’ve defended you before, continue to act like a clown and I will bm you.

This post was edited by Avenged321 on Mar 5 2021 12:01am
Mar 5 2021 12:34am
Quote (Avenged321 @ Mar 4 2021 11:01pm)
Weird take considering a west player ran the vt ladder w/ some random 200fg din he threw together... plz don’t talk reckless, I’ve defended you before, continue to act like a clown and I will bm you.

Who? Making up stories again? 200 fg, honestly who?

Cover your self up ...your ignorance is showing, stay on sorc and hdin or ww :rofl: (its all you can manage)

Resulting to rpg tactics aye? Bming me only shows how weak you are, much like the trolls we already have on east. I bet you couldn't beat me without a sorc hdin or ww barb. May be you could get lucky on a necro or charger heck I'd even accept a sin as a challenge.

I'll be the clown though just makes it that much funnier when you lose to a smiter on east "again".

This post was edited by danzeva on Mar 5 2021 12:36am
Mar 5 2021 12:36am
Quote (danzeva @ Mar 4 2021 10:34pm)
Who? Making up stories again? 200 fg, honestly who?

Cover your self up ...your ignorance is showing, stay on sorc and hdin or ww :rofl:

Resulting to rpg tactics aye? Bming me only shows how weak you are, much like the trolls we already have on east. I bet you couldn't beat me without a sorc hdin or ww barb. May be you could get lucky on a necro or charger heck I'd even accept a sin as a challenge.

I'll be the clown though just makes it that much funnier when you lose to a smiter on east "again".

https://i.ibb.co/cbhjWV4/shutupaj.png

If you’re losing to rpg you really shouldn’t be talking at all tbh
Mar 5 2021 12:43am
Quote (Avenged321 @ Mar 4 2021 11:36pm)
If you’re losing to rpg you really shouldn’t be talking at all tbh

Losing to rpg? I think he's only managed to troll and bm me with hybrids. But I can see how some one as silly as you would consider that a win :thumbsup:

And to be fair rpg doesn't even bother me any more, he just patrols the moor killing trolls now.

Lmk when you on east ;)

This post was edited by danzeva on Mar 5 2021 12:50am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 5 2021 12:50am
Quote (Avenged321 @ Mar 5 2021 06:39am)

V/ts are much stronger on eu than east because of the 135 res cap rule. The conviction aura powers up your ele caster partner quite a bit. But on east you just outstack the aura. Ted is a real threat on a v/t, but then again, what isnt he a threat on?

Gotta give him credit for the guide though. Great work imo

This post was edited by lld_mayhem on Mar 5 2021 12:51am
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic