d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > No Topic For Tbc?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Feb 20 2021 06:32pm
I'm trying to make sense of all the details about how TBC is being handled.

As we know, subscriptions increased as retail progressed from vanilla to WOTLK. There were millions of players who joined WoW despite not having played vanilla. ( https://i.imgur.com/EB2Tzyh.png )

Given the way that TBC will work, it seems like it is Blizzard's goal to avoid an increase in subscription count. They are making it less appealing for new players to join.

Why would they do that? Well, it seems that Blizzard's goal is to avoid a future where classic grows into a monstrosity that overtakes their company. They want to create an excuse to avoid releasing WOTLK servers.

From their POV, it makes sense to milk as many microtransactions as they can out of the current player base. If it doesn't make players quit, then Blizzard will just keep adding more. Mark my words, the token will be in the game before anyone kills Illidan.

If the addition of microtransactions does make players quit, Blizzard is happy with that outcome as well. They need to find out exactly how much players are willing to put up with before they start jumping ship.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Feb 20 2021 06:33pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 20 2021 10:03pm
Idk what you expected when they announced classic?
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll