d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2: Resurrected > D2:R Discussion > Look How They Massacred My Boys...
Prev1131415161721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,051.50
Feb 21 2021 03:15pm
lol the zon looks like bruce jenner
Gold: 291.25
Trader: Trusted
Feb 21 2021 03:27pm
If they were somehow able to swap out head/face models, that may fix the issue. Since looks are entirely subjective.

There are some games (like Dragon's Dogma) that have an available selection of alternative face/body models. I think that's what they should've done.
Since pleasing everyone with one model will never happen, they can provide a selection for people to choose from.
Gold: 1,551.69
Feb 21 2021 03:30pm
I'm not getting the hate. I feel like the old pixels left a lot to your imagination. The new ones clearly have some obvious tweaks, but still look largely like the og to me. :shrug:
Gold: 98,921.50
Feb 21 2021 03:31pm
Quote (mXz @ Feb 21 2021 10:27pm)
If they were somehow able to swap out head/face models, that may fix the issue. Since looks are entirely subjective.

There are some games (like Dragon's Dogma) that have an available selection of alternative face/body models. I think that's what they should've done.
Since pleasing everyone with one model will never happen, they can provide a selection for people to choose from.

But the entire point of the remaster was to keep it true to the original so why not do just that? We've all known these classes for over 2 decades, nobody complains, can't go wrong with that
Feb 21 2021 03:39pm
Quote (Djunior @ 21 Feb 2021 16:31)
But the entire point of the remaster was to keep it true to the original so why not do just that? We've all known these classes for over 2 decades, nobody complains, can't go wrong with that

That would mean keeping all the faces/heads in more of a pixelated form. What the devs were aiming for I imagine was more definition to some facial detail. But by going with that route, they'd need to take into consideration, you can't exactly keep it pixel and call it "remastered".

When I mentioned a various selection to choose from, keep it within a range (but selective range) where if you saw the face from a distance, it'd be barely noticeable. But zooming in, you can tell minor tweeks and imperfections. As for the current model, it's clearly hard on the eyes according to a lotta peeps.
Feb 21 2021 03:56pm
Quote (mXz @ Feb 21 2021 10:39pm)
That would mean keeping all the faces/heads in more of a pixelated form. What the devs were aiming for I imagine was more definition to some facial detail. But by going with that route, they'd need to take into consideration, you can't exactly keep it pixel and call it "remastered".

When I mentioned a various selection to choose from, keep it within a range (but selective range) where if you saw the face from a distance, it'd be barely noticeable. But zooming in, you can tell minor tweeks and imperfections. As for the current model, it's clearly hard on the eyes according to a lotta peeps.

I didn't mean that, they've remastered everything down to the smallest detail, did you watch the footage.

The faces of the classes can easily be done using the same technique, pretty good artwork of the classes is available so there's absolutely no guesswork involved here of what the faces should look like.

Gold: 15.80
Feb 21 2021 03:57pm
I think the necro looks dope

E; def should buff up the barb and slim down the Druid though lol

This post was edited by ChiefQueef on Feb 21 2021 03:58pm
Gold: 3,218.10
Feb 21 2021 03:59pm
Quote (TieDyeT @ Feb 21 2021 10:30pm)
I'm not getting the hate. I feel like the old pixels left a lot to your imagination. The new ones clearly have some obvious tweaks, but still look largely like the og to me. :shrug:

Al least the could have kept the original vibe of the characters, their body types and overall looks (with improvements to the 3d engine ofc). Not make this shitty looking abominations.

Yes, there were pixels, but there were also posters and official art

Feb 21 2021 04:05pm
Quote (Djunior @ 21 Feb 2021 16:56)
I didn't mean that, they've remastered everything down to the smallest detail, did you watch the footage.

The faces of the classes can easily be done using the same technique, pretty good artwork of the classes is available so there's absolutely no guesswork involved here of what the faces should look like.

Yea, just not sure how forth coming they'd be to go back and fix the faces. And I agree, there's plenty of appealing artwork for each of the classes. Which makes me wonder why it wasn't done to begin with. And I'd rather not go into the "political reasons" for any of the decisions made in detail. A simple google search for more realistic faces is always an option. I just think there might've been some assumptions made during the designs.

They do have plenty of time till release to do so, so I guess if a bunch of people petitioned for it, they might. Devs from other games are always looking for feedback from their playerbases. If they mean well, I'd say set up some kind of poll for any changes.
Feb 21 2021 04:12pm
Quote (mXz @ Feb 21 2021 11:05pm)
Yea, just not sure how forth coming they'd be to go back and fix the faces. And I agree, there's plenty of appealing artwork for each of the classes. Which makes me wonder why it wasn't done to begin with. And I'd rather not go into the "political reasons" for any of the decisions made in detail. A simple google search for more realistic faces is always an option. I just think there might've been some assumptions made during the designs.

They do have plenty of time till release to do so, so I guess if a bunch of people petitioned for it, they might. Devs from other games are always looking for feedback from their playerbases. If they mean well, I'd say set up some kind of poll for any changes.

There's hope, they've seen the feedback https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/update-character-models-will-be-looked-at/27273

IMO they're gonna change it because this remaster is too big to fail and also they need to redeem themselves after that disastrous WC3 remaster
Go Back To D2:R Discussion Topic List
Prev1131415161721Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll