d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Parallels Between 1930's Germany And 2021 America
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 22 2021 01:27pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 22 2021 02:20pm)
interesting that u say the far left isnt as far right as the far right, but also say just mentioning the two implies they are equally extreme. even tho i didnt say anything of the sort. all i said is neither is pleased with their mainstream representatives.

in any case, antifa in my post was an aside. my main point was about neo nazis and trump, which is where i gave specific examples. as compared to antifa, which was a supporting point to the concept, not an equivalency.

That's just the truth. I'm not saying mentioning them implies that they are equals, but you set the argument up in a way that IMPLIES that they are. If you don't think they are, just say so.

The whole "leftists are communists/marxists" tag line that FoxNews/OAN/etc. paint people like AOC and Bernie as is just false.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 22 2021 01:29pm
Quote (endymionlune @ Jan 22 2021 01:27pm)
That's just the truth. I'm not saying mentioning them implies that they are equals, but you set the argument up in a way that IMPLIES that they are. If you don't think they are, just say so.

The whole "leftists are communists/marxists" tag line that FoxNews/OAN/etc. paint people like AOC and Bernie as is just false.

proud boys, white supremacists, and neo nazis, all features of the right wing fringe, arent even equally extreme. different groups are never equal, especially when speaking of a spectrum.

"false equivalency" is just a way for most people to have lazy replies.
Warn: 10%
Jan 22 2021 01:36pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 22 2021 02:29pm)
proud boys, white supremacists, and neo nazis, all features of the right wing fringe, arent even equally extreme. different groups are never equal, especially when speaking of a spectrum.

"false equivalency" is just a way for most people to have lazy replies.

i think the narrative that neo nazis and white supremecists vote exclusively for trump is dated. look at the proud boys response to trump leaving the whitehouse without a fight. as well as neo nazis continually being pissed that trump bows both to israel and the saudis.

imo the far right is no more pleased with mainstream trumpian republicanism than antifa is with Nanci Pelosi and Biden's platform. the thing with extremists is they always want more than is possible and arent happy with anything but all of their demands being met.

This is what you said.

First, you say nazi's and white supremecists don't vote exclusively for Trump(lol). They've only pushed back against Trump in the last week when he left them to rot after the capitol insurrection.

Second, you equate antifi and nazi's. Not explicitly saying so, but implicitly. "The thing with extremists is they always want more and aren't happy with anything.. blah blah". Equating wanting access to healthcare/education/equal rights/equal laws with people that want to role back civil rights, hate minorities, etc etc is just a false narrative in the same way that BLM protests are not equal to the traitors that stormed the capitol. Both are bad in their own ways, but most paint them as equivalents, which they are not.

This post was edited by endymionlune on Jan 22 2021 01:37pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 22 2021 01:52pm
Quote (endymionlune @ Jan 22 2021 01:36pm)
i think the narrative that neo nazis and white supremecists vote exclusively for trump is dated. look at the proud boys response to trump leaving the whitehouse without a fight. as well as neo nazis continually being pissed that trump bows both to israel and the saudis.

imo the far right is no more pleased with mainstream trumpian republicanism than antifa is with Nanci Pelosi and Biden's platform. the thing with extremists is they always want more than is possible and arent happy with anything but all of their demands being met.

This is what you said.

First, you say nazi's and white supremecists don't vote exclusively for Trump(lol). They've only pushed back against Trump in the last week when he left them to rot after the capitol insurrection.

Second, you equate antifi and nazi's. Not explicitly saying so, but implicitly. "The thing with extremists is they always want more and aren't happy with anything.. blah blah". Equating wanting access to healthcare/education/equal rights/equal laws with people that want to role back civil rights, hate minorities, etc etc is just a false narrative in the same way that BLM protests are not equal to the traitors that stormed the capitol. Both are bad in their own ways, but most paint them as equivalents, which they are not.

i gave 2 examples, one was in the last week and the other was years in the making. it was in fact what started the schism with Steve Bannon which they later got over but many people didnt forget.

it seems tho you're only interested in implying what i said based on what right wing media says about antifa.

shocker, uve been such a great addition to pard thusfar :rolleyes:
Warn: 30%
Jan 22 2021 02:44pm
lol, snipa is doing his neville chamberlain routine again...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll