d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Broken Graphics Card? Tipping For Help
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 43,260.49
Dec 10 2020 01:22pm
I think my graphics card is fried possibly, trying to find a solution before tonight as I have raid lead on wow classic, would top anyone who finds solution or can confirm it’s toast

1. What happened - was playing shadowlands and during a cutscene the screen froze, the audio kept going uninterrupted and then eventually black screen and then comp either totally froze or crashed/powered off

2. It was able to start again but the resolution changed to something much smaller and 1920x1080 was not showing up as an option, icons were very large. I opened GeForce experience, which for some reason was not opening automatically on pc startup. It had the option to install latest update which I downloaded a previous night and installed. On restart I could pick 1920x1080 again.

3. When I tried running WoW Classic or Shadowlands it gave the message unable to start 3D accelerator. Path of exile when trying to load gave some other message, can’t recall. I looked it up some said it sounds like driver issue... go to GeForce experience and it has options once again to express or custom install the same update I did already. I do that, restart, problem persists and going to GeForce experience again offers to install the same update.

4. My friend was saying uninstall the driver, I couldn’t find that option where he was saying. I went to control panel apps and found a Nvidia graphics driver and uninstalled it. Computer then prompted to restart.

5. On restart I was met with a blue screen asking me to choose keyboard layout: US , Albanian etc. I can’t hit enter, can’t select or move around to highlight different options.

6. I restart again and try going into BIOS, keyboard works fine there but it seems there are dots on the screen where shouldn’t be (this wasn’t the case on the blue keyboard screen though)

7. No idea where to go from here, did I totally fuck myself by uninstalling the graphics driver? I don’t understand why I’d get stuck at this blue keyboard screen I’ve never seen.

If anyone has solutions, I got fg. For some extra info, shadowlands was getting laggy on me randomly as well, fps could take a nose dive and then something odd would happen where my keyboard and mouse inputs started glitching being delayed and I my character would kind of cease being in my control, then eventually it would correct itself. A few times prior I had the screen turn into like a checkered flag half the squares were black
Gold: 114,236.06
Warn: 10%
Dec 10 2020 01:32pm
sounds like GPU to me, could be memory or psu though. i'd check in that order.

can you boot into safe mode? do you have a speccy screenshot of your parts?
Dec 10 2020 01:43pm
Quote (Penguins0690 @ Dec 10 2020 12:32pm)

Nah don’t have that SS of parts it’s GeForce gtx 760 Msi, AMD cpu, 430 psu. They’ve been fine I never had any problem until Shadowlands. When I start comp I get windows logo straight to choose keyboard layout where it’s stuck and I have no options and no input does anything
Gold: 18,352.00
Dec 10 2020 01:46pm
Dots on screen are like 1 pixel in size and are red blue or green right.

Gpu dead.
Dec 10 2020 01:53pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Dec 10 2020 12:46pm)
Dots on screen are like 1 pixel in size and are red blue or green right.

Gpu dead.

Yeah, about right. Ripperino I guess. Anyhow probably time I upgrade anyhow. May post a computer building topic, comp was built there lasted a while of abuse really. Thx
Gold: 0.02
Dec 10 2020 02:29pm
Quote (Penguins0690 @ Dec 10 2020 11:32am)

how is it psu
lmk champ

did u test if its just this one game
that just came out

you need to update the drivers
literally google/youtube updating drivers

sounds like you uninstalled something else
boot into safe mode
At the sign-in screen, hold the Shift Key down while you select Power > Restart. After your PC restarts to the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, a list of options should appear. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode

see if you can boot that way
Gold: 18,352.00
Dec 10 2020 02:31pm
Quote (urbanshaft @ Dec 10 2020 03:29pm)
how is it psu
lmk champ

did u test if its just this one game
that just came out

you need to update the drivers
literally google/youtube updating drivers

sounds like you uninstalled something else
boot into safe mode
At the sign-in screen, hold the Shift Key down while you select Power > Restart. After your PC restarts to the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, a list of options should appear. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode

see if you can boot that way

Dots on screen in bios is not driver related.
Gpu dead or needs reballing.
If the latter repair costs too much so buy new
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll