d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Catacombs > Fishing Questions/advice
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.65
Dec 5 2020 01:25am
Have a lot of questions about fishing; the only guides I've found are either very dated or lacking info so looking for some help. I understand there is a lot we just cant know without being given the information for how its coded.

Rods
What exactly does the listed "skill rank req" on rods mean? I only have level 3 in fishing and yet I'm able to use up to tier 5 rods which say you are required to have skill rank of 20. Is this just a broken listing or does it refer to something else? Higher level rods are red and I'm unable to use them but it doesn't appear to go off your fishing rank.

Speed vs safety;
do you prefer to match rod tier with fish tier for speed or use a 1 tier higher rod for safety? Right now I still can only fish level 5 fish comfortably (herring). If I use a t2 rod (skill req 5) it's much faster but I seem to get less prof per catch. Using a t3 (skill req 10) rod is slower, but safer and I seem to get more prof per catch.

Durability;
do we understand how this works exactly or is there a formula? Does it only reduce how much a snag depletes your bar or does it work on every regular tick? Does 170 dura vs 10 dura mean you deplete drastically slower, or is dura just a buffer that decreases if you lose instead of the rod breaking?

Wells
I know these are useful for removing minimum tiers of what you can catch but how many tiers does it do? Am I better off fishing in town until I start fishing a certain tier?

Fish
Is there a table of min and max stats each type of fish can spawn and does this only change by tier or also by fish level?

Autostacking by %
iirc the percentage applies to the range of what a fish can spawn. so if it can spawn between 50-150 health, Autostacking at 85% would mean anything 135+ gets stacked. Is this correct?

Variable range is 100
Minimum spawn is 50
(100*.85)+50=135

Gold: 22,328.48
Dec 5 2020 10:26am
a lot of questions answered here: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80825020&f=74&o=0

I am no master of fishing so i'm probably wrong on at least one of these answers, hopefully someone will confirm.
Skill Rank Req is kinda nonsense for as you can see, you can use higher, in general most people use 1 tier higher than their rank, so if fishing rank 3, use a rank 5 required, if 13 use a 15 rank req.

Wells are not useful until you start catching level 5 or 10 fish, will then remove any chance of you catching a tier 1 fish.

Min/max table i don't believe exists, i believe it's as simple as tier of fish *100 = max, tier of fish *25 = minimum.

autostacking i believe is purely to do with cooking, so the % is how % cooked it is, i could be wrong here, that's what made sense to me though.
Go Back To Catacombs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll