d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Notepad For Guild Leaders(repost Of Tummz)
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Dec 1 2020 11:14am
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=83862213&f=258 post.

Anyway.

I don't think a guild topic or the personal notepad is right for guild owners notes.

I think guild owners should have a notepad that only they can see and is meant for the guild. It could be a guild purchase.

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Dec 1 2020 12:34pm
Isnt guild topics are the same?

This post was edited by j0Ke on Dec 1 2020 12:34pm
Dec 1 2020 12:42pm
Quote (j0Ke @ 1 Dec 2020 10:34)
Isnt guild topics are the same?

No. A guild topic post can be deleted on accident and cannot be recovered. It is also a guild topic which has different regulations and accessibility then guild owner notes would.

This post was edited by treezin on Dec 1 2020 12:44pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Dec 1 2020 12:50pm
Quote (treezin @ Dec 1 2020 08:42pm)
No. A guild topic post can be deleted on accident and cannot be recovered. It is also a guild topic which has different regulations and accessibility then guild owner notes would.

Ok than I understand your point of view, voting yes 😊
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,948.60
Trader: Trusted
Dec 1 2020 12:55pm
I really don't see how this is any different from a guild topic that you name "notes" and allow access to only those who you wish to grant access to?
Dec 1 2020 01:18pm
Quote (j0Ke @ 1 Dec 2020 10:50)
Ok than I understand your point of view, voting yes 😊

:o Cheers

Quote (Soroush @ 1 Dec 2020 10:55)
I really don't see how this is any different from a guild topic that you name "notes" and allow access to only those who you wish to grant access to?

It's really about accessibility, regulations, and the idea that a Guild Owner should have a separate and isolated section for their guild Owner notes.

A guild topic only allows so many characters and again can be easily deleted. Delete is right next to edit. I've deleted very important notes before on a guild topic while being very busy being a guild owner. I have also put to many characters into a guild topic due to coding regulations and have lost important information.

A guild topic is just that. A guild topic. It is not designed for notes and it isn't user-friendly for note taking. It would also force a user to consider things they would never consider for notes. In the "realm" of things guild topics are not in a setting in which guild owner note taking would take place.

I feel this same concept goes for the user notepad alternative. Again it is not in the general realm in which a guild owner has a personal notepad for the guild they own. That is why I mentioned it being a guild purchase.

As a Guild Owner I want a Guild Owner Notepad. It could have pages added to it like the notepad for user accounts.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 2,948.60
Trader: Trusted
Dec 1 2020 01:24pm
Quote (treezin @ 1 Dec 2020 14:18)
:o Cheers

It's really about accessibility, regulations, and the idea that a Guild Owner should have a separate and isolated section for their guild Owner notes.

A guild topic only allows so many characters and again can be easily deleted. Delete is right next to edit. I've deleted very important notes before on a guild topic while being very busy being a guild owner. I have also put to many characters into a guild topic due to coding regulations and have lost important information.

A guild topic is just that. A guild topic. It is not designed for notes and it isn't user-friendly for note taking. It would also force a user to consider things they would never consider for notes. In the "realm" of things guild topics are not in a setting in which guild owner note taking would take place.

I feel this same concept goes for the user notepad alternative. Again it is not in the general realm in which a guild owner has a personal notepad for the guild they own. That is why I mentioned it being a guild purchase.

As a Guild Owner I want a Guild Owner Notepad. It could have pages added to it like the notepad for user accounts.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't really think it's necessary to add an entire new feature to guilds that already exists in other forms, like you've already admitted - albeit a little less 'perfect' than what you're trying to get at.

If you're worried about deleting it, be more careful; same if you're worried about putting too many characters and losing the additional ones.

Notepad itself only has 10k characters allowed vs 4.1k on guild topics, so it's really not that much more - you could just create two separate posts in the guild topic.
Additionally, let's say you had notes and it was more than just yourself who had access - how would you discuss? Guild topic would allow for discussion on the notes posted a lot more easily, and already exists

And funny enough, when you go to reply to a guild topic, it actually says "post a note" :lol:

On top of all of that, I'm pretty sure the majority of guilds have a guild discord and it would be extremely easy to create a channel for yourself/other leaders and leave notes there. No deleting by accident, very unlikely to hit a limit (or just post more than once), allow whoever you want in, etc. etc. And spend 0fg in the process

But hey maybe I'm wrong, if enough people feel the same way as you I guess we'll find out! Probably wouldn't be too hard to basically copy pasta the code for the current notepad into the guilds sections honestly :)

This post was edited by Soroush on Dec 1 2020 01:25pm
Dec 15 2020 10:19pm
This is just about a Guild Owner Notepad on d2jsp.org. Nothing more.
Dec 27 2020 03:13am
Bump
Feb 4 2021 02:12am
Bump
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll