d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Scoliosis & Uneven Muscle Development
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,118.35
Nov 16 2020 08:12pm
I’ve got this client with uneven muscle development the likes of which I haven’t seen before. Seems weird he hasn’t injured himself training due to the amount of disparity at every level.

Basically I’m wondering if anyone has had experience either with this, or knowing someone like this & any helpful advice that you might’ve picked up.

Without pics, here’s the basic differences;

Right calf way bigger / more developed
Right quads (particularly around the knee) more developed & bigger
Left glut bit bigger / more developed
Left abdo side seems more ‘complete’ in bracing — so more developed
Right side of back much more developed
Left tricep way more developed - not necessarily stronger tho

If you can imagine, it’s almost like some sort of diagonal criss cross line that runs thru the body. Uneven at every level but has made it work??

Couple other relevant bits;
Right leg seems a bit shorter & is more externally rotated .. in fact it seems his femoral head is jammed right up into his labrum causing the ER and slight shortness.
This could be caused by a) I guess rec fem / quad tightness too — it is a very tight area when stretching.. or b) the scoliosis has essentially turned the body to the right, thus inhibiting the R glut more, as well as the R abdo muscles, and thus over strengthening the R back muscles

Could explain L tricep extra development, long head could be overcompensating a “weak” back / lat development.

So yeah, it all seems a bit of a convoluted mess atm.
Any advice is welcomed!

E/ Probably gonna stop his current exercise program until he gets balanced better — so will focus on R glut, L back & really good, conscious posture to resist the scoliosis ?

This post was edited by Lil_Gueto on Nov 16 2020 08:13pm
Gold: 540.20
Nov 16 2020 08:35pm
does he do physical labor or repetitive motions? Maybe does the same movement like throwing boxes down a belt in the same motion a thousand times a day

wouldn't you prescribe the strictest exercises in compound movements and "primal movements" which are basically dynamic warmups and flow yoga type stuff to correct imbalances? I would guess targeting one side of the body would only create further imbalance! I'm basing that on my zero years of experience in the field.
Gold: 2,118.35
Nov 16 2020 09:34pm
Quote (Henchman21 @ Nov 17 2020 01:35pm)
does he do physical labor or repetitive motions? Maybe does the same movement like throwing boxes down a belt in the same motion a thousand times a day

wouldn't you prescribe the strictest exercises in compound movements and "primal movements" which are basically dynamic warmups and flow yoga type stuff to correct imbalances? I would guess targeting one side of the body would only create further imbalance! I'm basing that on my zero years of experience in the field.

Yes to clarify ceasing his current program to focus on strict form for some compound exercises, but still likely going to need to add extra stim to the “weak side” for couple weeks. Will need very regular reevaluation.

Also, no repetitive movements involved — hence the somewhat unique situation
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll