d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Additional Functionality In The Gold Logs
12310Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,350.00
Nov 1 2020 05:43pm
Hello everyone,

This idea was developed with

1. The origin

The forum gold transfers are central to using the site, whether through trading, site options, purchase forum gold, donation, etc. All of this transfer information is stored in the gold logs.
However, it is complicated to find precise information when it is displayed in a single list. Yet it is a practice that can be useful but it lacks organization and a more specific means of research in the gold logs.

This suggestion will give users a more
concrete and practical way to manage their transactions.

2. The idea

The idea is to add a drop-down menu allowing you to filter and view more precisely your forum gold transfers.

Here is the content of the drop-down menu:

1. Sent: Displays all sent gold transfers.
  2. Received: Displays all received gold transfers.
  3. Store/Forum Bank: Displays FG purchases, Ladder Slasher, and other Forum Bank driven transactions.
  4. Donations: Displays donations sent or received.

For donations, there is a way to be able to detect sent or received donations by a user.

3. Complementary idea: new transfer category "donations"

It can be useful to be able to find the donations sent or received by a user. The problem is that a donation is not made through a specific transfer category but only through a simple send of FGs.

The additional idea is to add, when sending FGs in the form of a donation, a check button to specify that the transfer belongs to the donation category.

Here what the button display would look like:

Thanks for reading this suggestion.

Archive
Gold: 204.24
Nov 1 2020 05:53pm
+1 would like to be able to filter the gold logs, I would even pay to use it similar to how we currently pay for topic searching in our profiles
Retired Moderator
Gold: 9,000.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 1 2020 06:43pm
Looks pretty good, I'd use it.
Gold: 18,352.00
Nov 2 2020 08:07pm
Doesn't ctrl + F accomplish this?

Maybe a yearly scroll down option would be useful.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 77.33
Nov 2 2020 11:37pm
I'm torn. Would be nice but I believe only very few people would use that to its full extend. And no matter how neat the implementation turns out, simply exporting the gold logs and importing them in Excel is more powerful. Null'ed as I really don't mind but probably not worth the development time....
Gold: 19,149.06
Nov 3 2020 08:13am
completely useless for 99.9% of users..

you can do all that + more by exporting your goldlogs

the donation thing will just cause an increase in illegal trades, they will never add a feature like that.
Gold: 12,350.00
Nov 3 2020 08:44am
Donations are already happening, it's not illegal to use your money as you want.
On the contrary, having an official donation function makes it possible to have precise tracking of FG transfers in the event of a dispute.

If we had to listen to you, like many others, we could remove most of the site's functionality to save a few clicks. We would go back to the stone age of d2jsp.

It doesn't make sense to reason like that.

Everything is concentrated and filtered in the same place, it's clear, fast, precise, useful.

The export of logs is more of archiving while my idea is more of the direct management of fg transfers.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 3 2020 09:36am
This is not something i personaly would find useful to be honest.
What i personaly would find more useful would be an search option so you could write in a name and all transactions would be shown with that user instead.
If you need to look back on Transactions you can normaly remember what user/person you traded but can be hard to remember when it were.

That being said i only rarely transfer FG so there might be far more who could use this :)
Gold: 204.24
Nov 3 2020 09:42am
Quote (cheetos @ Nov 3 2020 09:13am)
completely useless for 99.9% of users..

you can do all that + more by exporting your goldlogs

the donation thing will just cause an increase in illegal trades, they will never add a feature like that.

It’s for marking FG sent as a donation, it has nothing to do with real money transactions
Gold: 114,236.06
Warn: 10%
Nov 3 2020 09:43am
Yes!

Also a user search would be cool :)
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12310Next
Closed New Topic New Poll