d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > I Just Want A Game Like Diablo 2
Prev1101112131417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Apr 24 2021 04:06pm
Quote (Fooba @ Dec 15 2020 05:15am)
Yep. Trivializing class identity in an arpg sucks ass. Hence why enigma is a game breaking runeword.

Agree. Play Classic with the boys. Xpac is for noobz.
Gold: 217,588.33
Apr 25 2021 08:38pm
Quote (ekoe @ Apr 20 2021 02:33am)
Path of exile has no pvp

yeah pretty much

but that game has some potential in the pvp area...

just no one cares enough to make it happen
Gold: 0.00
Apr 25 2021 10:46pm
D2r soon
Gold: 10,260.00
Apr 25 2021 11:50pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ Apr 25 2021 07:38pm)
yeah pretty much

but that game has some potential in the pvp area...

just no one cares enough to make it happen

oh no i died because i couldnt avoid one of the seventeen trillion particles on screen and the enemy stacked topaz flasks against my storm brand

gds gds
Gold: 12.44
Apr 26 2021 12:29am
Me2
Apr 26 2021 04:01am
Quote (Jacobbc2 @ Apr 25 2021 10:50pm)
oh no i died because i couldnt avoid one of the seventeen trillion particles on screen and the enemy stacked topaz flasks against my storm brand

gds gds

Do you know how many rules d2 has to make duels fair lol?

Maybe you are too smol brain to figure it out

But it's pretty easy to set up rules to make Poe PvP decent and resembling d2
Gold: 129.18
Apr 26 2021 12:16pm
Quote (Dmitriy @ 25 Oct 2020 10:51)
good pvp
good itemization that it feels like christmas when something good drops
good unique builds
non female diablo
trading
lld
inventory buffs like torches
hostiling people questing
runewords
good acts
good mercenaries
good music
good npcs
good story

They don't know how to make itemization great, just look at D3
They won't allow 100% trading = bad
The runes in D4 are a joke
Music peaked in D2, wont be as good
Good story.. well It can't be ass bad as D3 so thats something

My 2cents <_<
Apr 26 2021 03:46pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ Apr 26 2021 03:01am)
Do you know how many rules d2 has to make duels fair lol?

Maybe you are too smol brain to figure it out

But it's pretty easy to set up rules to make Poe PvP decent and resembling d2

yes i'm well aware lmao

i dont need schooling on this game from some '18 spawn

poe is a game that transcends from "involved mechanics and depth of gameplay" to "oversaturated pixel hell"

the only way I could see PoE PvP not being retarded is if they literally limit skills down to like a single 6 link and no MTX

the visibility in that game is absolutely piss poor at the end game.

wont be able to see shit

not to mention the disparity in DPS between builds makes PvP absolutely fucked. If you tried to put a blanket damage mitigation factor in place like "Players do 1% of real circumstances damage pre mitigation" you'd have builds that do 800k DPS and builds that do 30M DPS vying for a win

How do you think that could possibly be balanced? Do you think GGG would go through and manually implement a higher damage mitigation factor on the more imbalanced flavor of the month builds and then tweak those every single season? pipe dream

If GGG were interested in implementing PVP they would have done it at some point in the 8 years since this game's inception. your fever dream of them suddenly coming out and supporting diablo 2 style blood moor pvp is just that... a fever dream

please feel free to rebuttal any individual points here rather than resorting to ad hominem if you want to have a genuine discourse, i'll openly admit i'm wrong if i feel like you've adequately changed my opinion and poked holes in my argument

if not go ahead and call me smol brain and keep on RMTing for your FG mate, must be nice being the big man on the forum :)

Edited to add: If you look at D3 and how they attempted to implement PVP you immediately ran into situations of huge DPS disparity and they never managed to get brawling off the ground because of that. Diablo 2 PVP functions so well because the damage values are so crunched together with the exception of a few huge damage builds that have obvious draw backs and arent even really viable because of it. Almost every viable build in diablo 2 will have somewhere between 2k-10k sheet DPS. That means at the very lowest end of the spectrum you have a build that does 1/5 of the damage of the very highest end. There are builds that go into the 20k+ sheet DPS range but many of them aren't really viable for PvP like meteor sorcs

If you look at PoE you can literally have builds that do several orders of magnitude more damage than other PvP builds. That's an inherent problem that can't easily be fixed. There are too many skills to balance, and too big of a disparity in potential outputs caused by having way more multifaceted sources of damage scaling

you referenced "several rules that would be easy to implement to balance this" but I can't think of any off the top that easily resolve this issue. i'd love to have you enlighten me on your thoughts for how to properly balance PoE pvp. Maybe there's something i'm missing.

This post was edited by Jacobbc2 on Apr 26 2021 03:52pm
Apr 26 2021 03:50pm
Quote (Jacobbc2 @ Apr 26 2021 02:46pm)
yes i'm well aware lmao

i dont need schooling on this game from some '18 spawn

poe is a game that transcends from "involved mechanics and depth of gameplay" to "oversaturated pixel hell"

the only way I could see PoE PvP not being retarded is if they literally limit skills down to like a single 6 link and no MTX

the visibility in that game is absolutely piss poor at the end game.

wont be able to see shit

not to mention the disparity in DPS between builds makes PvP absolutely fucked. If you tried to put a blanket damage mitigation factor in place like "Players do 1% of real circumstances damage pre mitigation" you'd have builds that do 800k DPS and builds that do 30M DPS vying for a win

How do you think that could possibly be balanced? Do you think GGG would go through and manually implement a higher damage mitigation factor on the more imbalanced flavor of the month builds and then tweak those every single season? pipe dream

If GGG were interested in implementing PVP they would have done it at some point in the 8 years since this game's inception. your fever dream of them suddenly coming out and supporting diablo 2 style blood moor pvp is just that... a fever dream

please feel free to rebuttal any individual points here rather than resorting to ad hominem if you want to have a genuine discourse, i'll openly admit i'm wrong if i feel like you've adequately changed my opinion and poked holes in my argument

if not go ahead and call me smol brain and keep on RMTing for your FG mate, must be nice being the big man on the forum :)

holy shit did you ever get triggered LOL
Apr 26 2021 03:52pm
Quote (SlamFkingDunk @ Apr 26 2021 02:50pm)
holy shit did you ever get triggered LOL

oh nvm, thought you were an adult capable of a conversation. should've seen that coming :rofl:
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1101112131417Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll