d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby >
Poll > Worst Team In The Nfl That Isn't The Jets
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 115,124.89
Oct 20 2020 02:08am
Quote (Saquads @ Oct 20 2020 04:08am)
Pretty sure they’re holding on to gase until they’re guaranteed Trevor Lawrence at this point LOL

LOL

that would be deep fucking funny tbh
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2020 06:45am
Gotta be the Cowboys
Gold: 28,771.41
Oct 20 2020 07:16am
Quote (Hako @ Oct 20 2020 01:04am)
You guys aren't going to be bad enough to be in the running for Trevor.. I think he's all but a Jet already. Unless he decides to go back for his Senior season. The Jets are awful. They legit might go 0-16.

Wouldn't be shocked if we went 1-15 either. We just played our easiest stretch of schedule and got shit on. It gets pretty rough going forward. Knowing this franchise though, we'll be in the running for Trevor and end up winning the last two games of the season to push us back to pick #4-6 zzzz

Our schedule is somewhat tough down the stretch with GB, two Bears games we never seem to win, saints / bucs, Teddy's revenge tour against the panthers with CMC back, then you guys, we might only win 1 or two more games as well.

I think our only hope is either:

1) The Jets are SO BAD that Trevor pulls an Eli manning and says he will simply not play for them. They just trashed a good talent in Sam Darnold maybe T Law will try to protect his future and not go into that dumpster fire that legit has 0 good pieces on that roster anymore (Maybe Quinnen Williams and Bechton has looked good at Tackle) The jets have been just so damn bad at drafting who knows maybe TLaw doesn't want to be part of that mess.

2) The Vikings are definitely in contention to be in position to draft Justin Fields, maybe they can convince the Jets that they have way too many hole's on that roster that TLaw alone won't help convince them to get the king's ransom trade by trading a first this year, 3rd this year, 1st next, 2nd next and Anthony Barr. The Jets can then either keep darnold or take fields and use those picks to start their rebuild.

3) They fire Adam Gase like they should and a spark gets them a few wins

Still some hope, but ya most likely not gonna happen

Gold: 54.90
Oct 20 2020 07:25am
The Texans are going to defeat at least one good team on their schedule this year. Already losses to the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and Titans. They teased us against the 5-0 Steelers and 5-0 Titans. The Packers game on Sunday sets up as the one they pull the upset. 3.5-point underdogs at home.

Deep down in my mind and heart I don't believe the Texans will be 1-6 going into their bye week. That's going to be so deflating...
But I also see Aaron Rodgers throwing 5 TD passes in this game. In Shaq's voice, "The Texans secondary is like barbecue chicken!"

It will hit me like a double whammy. Having the #1 overall pick and #33 pick also, and both picks go to the Miami Dolphins instead. Damn, O'Brien!
Oct 20 2020 07:34am
Quote (4killer7 @ Oct 20 2020 09:16am)
Our schedule is somewhat tough down the stretch with GB, two Bears games we never seem to win, saints / bucs, Teddy's revenge tour against the panthers with CMC back, then you guys, we might only win 1 or two more games as well.

I think our only hope is either:

1) The Jets are SO BAD that Trevor pulls an Eli manning and says he will simply not play for them. They just trashed a good talent in Sam Darnold maybe T Law will try to protect his future and not go into that dumpster fire that legit has 0 good pieces on that roster anymore (Maybe Quinnen Williams and Bechton has looked good at Tackle) The jets have been just so damn bad at drafting who knows maybe TLaw doesn't want to be part of that mess.

2) The Vikings are definitely in contention to be in position to draft Justin Fields, maybe they can convince the Jets that they have way too many hole's on that roster that TLaw alone won't help convince them to get the king's ransom trade by trading a first this year, 3rd this year, 1st next, 2nd next and Anthony Barr. The Jets can then either keep darnold or take fields and use those picks to start their rebuild.

3) They fire Adam Gase like they should and a spark gets them a few wins

Still some hope, but ya most likely not gonna happen

Jets finally have a gm that gets it I think. His past draft wasn’t bad. He moved up and down the board to get his guys. Becton might already be the best LT in the nfl lol. They do have pieces..and they have the draft capital and cap space to build rather quickly as well. It all will come down to coaching. They’ll move on from that retard gase and if they choose well they could compete sooner than most would think with Lawrence.

My brother thinks they could pry Dabo along with Lawrence from Clemson. Personally, I’m not a big fan of college coaches in the nfl but it’s worked before and clearly the guy gets football so who knows. In today’s nfl, coaching is more important than ever.
Oct 20 2020 08:45am
Quote (Saquads @ Oct 20 2020 09:34am)
Jets finally have a gm that gets it I think. His past draft wasn’t bad. He moved up and down the board to get his guys. Becton might already be the best LT in the nfl lol. They do have pieces..and they have the draft capital and cap space to build rather quickly as well. It all will come down to coaching. They’ll move on from that retard gase and if they choose well they could compete sooner than most would think with Lawrence.

My brother thinks they could pry Dabo along with Lawrence from Clemson. Personally, I’m not a big fan of college coaches in the nfl but it’s worked before and clearly the guy gets football so who knows. In today’s nfl, coaching is more important than ever.

What draft picks has he done well with? In the past two drafts he has gotten two players that are worthy starters, guess we will see what Mims is made of hopefully soon but had my doubts about Mims in college. I'll admit I only have put myself through watching 2 games this year with the jets and Bechton has looked good.... best LT is a major stretch. There still is 0 weapons on that offense, maybe they can grab Rashod Bateman with their second 1st this years draft but guess time will tell. When Jamison Crowder and Perriman are your starting WRs that is a problem lol, frank gore is your rb...

The defense is also completely void of talent, both CBs need to be replaced badly, the defensive line is atrocious and have legit 0 good pass rushers, LBs are trash, safeties are the only saving grace of this defense and they gave away the best safety in the league.

I don't get how this will be a quick rebuild there are just way too many missing pieces which honestly might be worth while to trade that #1 and keep building more capital. I agree the coach is a major issue but there is also hardly any building blocks on this roster at the moment
Oct 20 2020 10:41am
Quote (4killer7 @ Oct 20 2020 10:45am)
What draft picks has he done well with? In the past two drafts he has gotten two players that are worthy starters, guess we will see what Mims is made of hopefully soon but had my doubts about Mims in college. I'll admit I only have put myself through watching 2 games this year with the jets and Bechton has looked good.... best LT is a major stretch. There still is 0 weapons on that offense, maybe they can grab Rashod Bateman with their second 1st this years draft but guess time will tell. When Jamison Crowder and Perriman are your starting WRs that is a problem lol, frank gore is your rb...

The defense is also completely void of talent, both CBs need to be replaced badly, the defensive line is atrocious and have legit 0 good pass rushers, LBs are trash, safeties are the only saving grace of this defense and they gave away the best safety in the league.

I don't get how this will be a quick rebuild there are just way too many missing pieces which honestly might be worth while to trade that #1 and keep building more capital. I agree the coach is a major issue but there is also hardly any building blocks on this roster at the moment

Douglas has only done one draft. By the way, I’m not a jets fan lol...my brother is which is why I follow them. But...

They don’t have as many holes as people seem to think.
Crowder is a solid slot guy
Mims, Jeff Smith, vyncint smith are all guys that could be good. Mike has yet to play but the other two have both flashed
Herndon was a monster his rookie year in limited games(think he only played 10), got hurt then got gased..literally lol. Look at gesicki with gase then without..well look at Herndon without then with lol
Becton is a stud, Alex Lewis is serviceable at lg and McGovern at c. Chuma edoga might be a keeper two..didn’t play well for a while but lately he’s been doing the job
Franklin-Myers, fatukasi, Phillips and Williams are four solid, young d lineman
Mosley played like the 🐐in his very limited action. No idea what will become of him but if he stays he’ll at least be serviceable
Brian Poole is a top nickel corner in the league right now, blessuan Austin is a young corner than has player both good and bad so he’s an option
I think ashtyn Davis is going to be a real good free safety

Those are all pieces they can use. For some it remains to be seen if they will be good or stick with the jets, but idk..I see more promise than most I guess. Could be bias listening to my brother but I’ve watched the jets for years. Coaching has let them down just as much as it has for the giants. They have four 1st round picks the next two years plus more in the mid-late rounds

They can sign some players this year..Lawrence will be a big draw to a lot of players and coaches. Maybe they pry dabo from Clemson? Sign smith-schuster, an edge, an o lineman then draft Lawrence, Ettiene and whatever else. I think they could compete with that
Oct 20 2020 11:08am
Quote (Saquads @ Oct 20 2020 12:41pm)
Douglas has only done one draft. By the way, I’m not a jets fan lol...my brother is which is why I follow them. But...

They don’t have as many holes as people seem to think.
Crowder is a solid slot guy
Mims, Jeff Smith, vyncint smith are all guys that could be good. Mike has yet to play but the other two have both flashed
Herndon was a monster his rookie year in limited games(think he only played 10), got hurt then got gased..literally lol. Look at gesicki with gase then without..well look at Herndon without then with lol
Becton is a stud, Alex Lewis is serviceable at lg and McGovern at c. Chuma edoga might be a keeper two..didn’t play well for a while but lately he’s been doing the job
Franklin-Myers, fatukasi, Phillips and Williams are four solid, young d lineman
Mosley played like the 🐐in his very limited action. No idea what will become of him but if he stays he’ll at least be serviceable
Brian Poole is a top nickel corner in the league right now, blessuan Austin is a young corner than has player both good and bad so he’s an option
I think ashtyn Davis is going to be a real good free safety

Those are all pieces they can use. For some it remains to be seen if they will be good or stick with the jets, but idk..I see more promise than most I guess. Could be bias listening to my brother but I’ve watched the jets for years. Coaching has let them down just as much as it has for the giants. They have four 1st round picks the next two years plus more in the mid-late rounds

They can sign some players this year..Lawrence will be a big draw to a lot of players and coaches. Maybe they pry dabo from Clemson? Sign smith-schuster, an edge, an o lineman then draft Lawrence, Ettiene and whatever else. I think they could compete with that

Personally you have too much homer goggles on to really talk about it because I'd completely disagree with most of these takes.

Mims hasn't had a snap yet in the NFL, not even going to call him good until we see him in action, until then he is pretty much N/A or bad and with the team's draft history I am going to lean towards bad. Which means "A pretty good slot guy" is your #1 WR. Perriman is freaking starting on this team. Jeff smith good??? LOL he had 1 good game, he also was targeted 11 times in a game and only caught 3..... ya he is not good, neither is vyncient smith.

MAYBE herndon can be good, he did have a good rookie year so I will wait to see what could happen so finally 1 good offensive POTENTIAL weapon.

And no your dline is NOT solid, most of them would not be starters on other teams minus again Williams who I listed.

Mosley is good but who knows if he will play / what he looks like coming back.

And thinking Davis will be a good safety doesn't make him one, but he is a rookie so who knows it's a 3rd round pick at this point with potential but isn't a building piece right now.

Oct 20 2020 11:23am
Quote (4killer7 @ Oct 20 2020 01:08pm)
Personally you have too much homer goggles on to really talk about it because I'd completely disagree with most of these takes.

Mims hasn't had a snap yet in the NFL, not even going to call him good until we see him in action, until then he is pretty much N/A or bad and with the team's draft history I am going to lean towards bad. Which means "A pretty good slot guy" is your #1 WR. Perriman is freaking starting on this team. Jeff smith good??? LOL he had 1 good game, he also was targeted 11 times in a game and only caught 3..... ya he is not good, neither is vyncient smith.

MAYBE herndon can be good, he did have a good rookie year so I will wait to see what could happen so finally 1 good offensive POTENTIAL weapon.

And no your dline is NOT solid, most of them would not be starters on other teams minus again Williams who I listed.

Mosley is good but who knows if he will play / what he looks like coming back.

And thinking Davis will be a good safety doesn't make him one, but he is a rookie so who knows it's a 3rd round pick at this point with potential but isn't a building piece right now.

Lol...no homer goggles. I’m not a fucking jets fan. Just honest opinions/takes.
Oct 20 2020 11:28am
Quote (Saquads @ Oct 20 2020 01:23pm)
Lol...no homer goggles. I’m not a fucking jets fan. Just honest opinions/takes.

fair just as in listening to your brother, but I'll just disagree, to me building blocks are proven young players no one listed in your message is proven minus a small handful. It'll basically be a full rebuild, and if they can get additional first round picks and some 2nds by trading #1 might be worth the thought..

That being said I doubt the Jets actually trade back if they are #1 because TLAW is just that talented. Moreso a hope the Vikings can finally have a franchise QB since the days of Culpepper.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll