d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > What Single Player Pc Games R Good
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,281.69
Oct 19 2020 02:23am
recommend me some, preferably from the past 5 years or so, need something new to play

games I played recently and how I felt about them:
witcher 3 - good game overall, especially the first dlc, but the combat is awkward and it is quite easy even on hardest setting
dark souls 3 - good, very good. pretty much everything about it is good
dark souls 1 - ehh, basically the same as 3 but way shittier in every way
sekiro - quite good. has satisfying combat mechanics and good bosses, but is pretty severely lacking in content + mystical feudal japan aesthetic isn't as good as the doomer gothic horror aesthetic in dark souls games imo
subnautica - complete dogshit, don't suggest anything remotely like this because it's easily the most boring game I've ever played

that is all

This post was edited by Condemn on Oct 19 2020 02:44am
Gold: 59.69
Warn: 10%
Oct 19 2020 02:36am
Indiana Jones and the infernal Machine :thumbsup:
Gold: Locked
Oct 19 2020 03:15am
Based on your recommendations you absolutely should be playing Ghost of Tsushima

Here is a list of ones that I personally have played at least once that are good:

Binary Domain (terminator like game, very underrated, good luck finding a copy though)

Dragon Age Origins (Really good for what it is, shame the later games are trash)

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (Lots of stuff to do in this, plays very smooth, but it can ultimately get boring without much direction)

Drakensang The River of Time (Old school real time German D&D ruleset game, quite fun if you like worrying about making correct decisions throughout an entire game)

Dungeon Siege 2 (Fun ARPG if you can deal with the steep difficulty curve at the beginning of the game)

Dynasty Warrior 8 (If you just want some mindless killing of hordes of enemies then this is the best DW game ever made imo)

Front Mission Evolved (The best full 3D mech game ever made imo, it's like Mech Warrior meets counter-strike, blown away they didn't make more)

Hidden and Dangerous 2 - Courage Under Fire (Pretty fun third person shooter, can be very hardcore and tactical depending on difficulty setting)

Revenant (Extremely old real time ARPG, but this game is just truly amazing for what it is)

Risen 3 Titan Lords (The best Risen game hands down, It may not be worth returning to, but it's a great single play through)

Stalker Anomaly Mod (The best single player shooter and MOD ever made, if you haven't played it then you don't know what a good single player shooter is yet)

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl / Clear Sky / Call of Pripyat (All the original STALKER FPS games)

Silent Hill 2 / 3 (Good luck finding them for PC at this point)

Spec Ops the Line (A great game for a single play through, absolutely no replay value though)

Summoner (Probably best played on the PS2, but it's a contender for best RPG ever made if you can deal with it's combat system)

System Shock 2 (Extremely dated, but everyone should play this at least once, there are lots of quality of life mods for it on MODDB as well)

And lastly if you haven't checked out MODDB site, they have endless mods on there for single player games. You might find something that is perfect for your interests.
Oct 19 2020 02:25pm
Quote (lelkek @ Oct 19 2020 08:15pm)
Based on your recommendations you absolutely should be playing Ghost of Tsushima

Here is a list of ones that I personally have played at least once that are good:

Binary Domain (terminator like game, very underrated, good luck finding a copy though)

Dragon Age Origins (Really good for what it is, shame the later games are trash)

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (Lots of stuff to do in this, plays very smooth, but it can ultimately get boring without much direction)

Drakensang The River of Time (Old school real time German D&D ruleset game, quite fun if you like worrying about making correct decisions throughout an entire game)

Dungeon Siege 2 (Fun ARPG if you can deal with the steep difficulty curve at the beginning of the game)

Dynasty Warrior 8 (If you just want some mindless killing of hordes of enemies then this is the best DW game ever made imo)

Front Mission Evolved (The best full 3D mech game ever made imo, it's like Mech Warrior meets counter-strike, blown away they didn't make more)

Hidden and Dangerous 2 - Courage Under Fire (Pretty fun third person shooter, can be very hardcore and tactical depending on difficulty setting)

Revenant (Extremely old real time ARPG, but this game is just truly amazing for what it is)

Risen 3 Titan Lords (The best Risen game hands down, It may not be worth returning to, but it's a great single play through)

Stalker Anomaly Mod (The best single player shooter and MOD ever made, if you haven't played it then you don't know what a good single player shooter is yet)

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl / Clear Sky / Call of Pripyat (All the original STALKER FPS games)

Silent Hill 2 / 3 (Good luck finding them for PC at this point)

Spec Ops the Line (A great game for a single play through, absolutely no replay value though)

Summoner (Probably best played on the PS2, but it's a contender for best RPG ever made if you can deal with it's combat system)

System Shock 2 (Extremely dated, but everyone should play this at least once, there are lots of quality of life mods for it on MODDB as well)

And lastly if you haven't checked out MODDB site, they have endless mods on there for single player games. You might find something that is perfect for your interests.

ghosts of tsushima isn't on pc afaik, I will get it If I end up buying a ps4 to play bloodbourne but I will wait a bit for news on a pc port/sequel for that first tbh

those other games all seem pretty dated but ill give em a look I guess
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 19 2020 02:27pm
Goonies 2 for NES
Gold: 632.75
Oct 19 2020 02:28pm
Why single player?
Oct 19 2020 02:46pm
Quote (Ramy @ Oct 20 2020 07:28am)
Why single player?

I can only get adsl where I live which is unreliable as shit, I use phone data when I want to play multiplayer games but that isn't ideal either

nice to have games where I don't have to deal with internet/lag

This post was edited by Condemn on Oct 19 2020 02:46pm
Gold: 632.75
Oct 19 2020 02:49pm
Quote (Condemn @ Oct 19 2020 04:46pm)
I can only get adsl where I live which is unreliable as shit, I use phone data when I want to play multiplayer games but that isn't ideal either

nice to have games where I don't have to deal with internet/lag

I dont play single player games and you seem pretty narrow with your options.

I heard Bloodborne was good and Nioh.

You probably already heard of those games in the link but maybe not *shrug*

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/29/15-games-every-dark-souls-fan-should-play%3famp=1

Gold: 222.69
Warn: 30%
Oct 19 2020 03:48pm
Oregon trail
Gold: 500.00
Oct 19 2020 04:33pm
nier automata
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll