d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Terpsbook: Week 6
Prev1222324252632Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44.20
Oct 20 2020 05:53pm
Quote (Tua @ Oct 20 2020 07:51pm)
Ian sounding like a snake in the grass

You really sound like someone who is entitled. Some real scummy right there

Thanks Chan
Gold: 0.27
Oct 20 2020 05:59pm
Quote (ianarky @ Oct 20 2020 07:53pm)
Thanks Chan

:rofl: Don8
Gold: 147,365.89
Oct 20 2020 06:46pm
Quote (ianarky @ Oct 20 2020 07:37pm)
no but :love:

I tried to squash this and i apologize to all that it got out of hand

<3 you all (but monkeykid)

I would like this thread to be closed so we can move on

Fist fight me pussy
Gold: 79,366.46
Oct 20 2020 09:11pm
I want to give my response on what you said in this thread, since I never really had time to fully read your argument yesterday. I think sharing my perspective would help you understand where I'm coming from. I felt you deserved a genuine answer, and I thought your questions raised some valid avenues for discussion, even if I disagree with them.

Quote (ianarky @ Oct 19 2020 05:47pm)
i requested it removed well before it started.

You requested to edit your parlay at 3:30pm, two and a half hours after the parlay had started.

https://i.imgur.com/DpW24sU.png

Quote (ianarky @ Oct 18 2020 05:56pm)
No where in the parlay rules does it state that u cannot retract a game on the parlay before it begins, which i did retract timely. Also you are so very greedy for not accepting that request. Such a poor decision. You don't deserve your tag.

I posted this in the Discord. You probably already read it, but here it is for everyone else.

The following information is taken from the unofficial betting guide. It applies to all bets in the NFL/MLB/NBA forums, including my betting threads.
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79756496&f=204
Parlay: A bet that has multiple legs as part of one bet. Unless stated otherwise, all legs of the parlay must hit in order for the bet to cash.

It is allowed that users can retract a bet any time before the game starts.

The following information is taken from my betting thread. The unofficial betting guide plus these rules apply to all bets in my thread.
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84107166&f=204
All bets must be posted before the listed start time, and all edits must be made before start time.

My interpretation is that parlays count as one bet. For example, while a parlay may contain 10 lines, this counts as only one bet. Couple this with the following rule: users can retract a bet any time before the game starts. This should apply to parlays if parlays count as one bet. If a game in the parlay has started, then retracts are no longer allowed. The rules do not say that any game can be retracted before start. Furthermore, my thread rules state that all edits to a bet must be made before listed start time, which would apply to the start of the very first game in the parlay.

In the future, I’d like to see a clarification for both threads that addresses parlays. I’d also like to add that you cannot retract a bet after the game has started into the main betting guide. This is implicitly true if you can retract any time before a game starts, but it should be made explicit that you cannot retract a bet after the game has started.

So while I admit some clarity needs to be made, ultimately I think it's pretty obvious that you cannot edit a parlay after it starts.

Nevertheless, to entertain your argument and the consequences of a potential rule update/revision, I analyzed the potential ramifications. Copy/paste from Discord:

What are the limits of editing parlays? Can someone edit the amount? Can someone add all of the late lines to the parlay and retract as they please? Can someone choose to add a late game to a parlay that didn’t have it listed to begin with? It’s a slippery slope.

Rules are applied unilaterally to both bettors, so if you grant one bettor the ability to edit an active parlay, then you grant both bettors the ability to edit an active parlay. Do you want me to have the power to revise active parlays? This means I could remove a team from a parlay if the bettor is about to win, add a team to make the parlay lose, or change the wager amount to 1 unit. This seems like an ability that I should not have.

If two people confirm a parlay, then does it make sense that one person could bypass the confirmation process to alter a bet to whatever they want? The other bettor did not agree to this change.

Seems like a bad idea to allow people to edit bets after the bet becomes active. Think about it: if I'm as corrupt and greedy as you say, do you really want me to have this ability?

Quote (ianarky @ Oct 19 2020 10:03pm)
I sent 1k upfront on a bet that you say is 5k max payout. Fnow or sum reason (greed) you state that the max amount u will pay is 5K. OK but you will not also not refund users to the max amount they would have had? That is a scam and always shud be.. In my case i won 4 bets my 1K vs your you owe mew ,u owlet maker my bet fair

I've had the same 5k parlay limit for years. (It actually used to be 3k.)

Why is this suddenly a problem now? I'm not even the only one with a 5k limit. Tx6, Lakeshow, and other bookies do the same thing. I've never had anyone have a problem with it before, and I've been doing this since 2017.

The reason for the limit is because one big parlay can wipe out the bookie's bankroll. If I had more fg then maybe I could raise or lift it, but I only have ~100k. Parlays are what kill me, at least on jsp. That's also why I juice heavy favorite MLs.

Quote (ianarky @ Oct 18 2020 09:08pm)
this rule is a straight scam

• Parlays must have a specific wager amount, otherwise they are void. If you say "max" on a parlay, then you are wagering 1k because 1k is the max wager. Iwill not calculate blown parlays to figure out the lowest amount to win 5k; it is on you to come up with an amount to wager and to make that wager explicit in your post.

the only reason you would make that rule is to scam people and benefit yourself. You take the time to calculate very many bets including parlays, but if it's in your favor you ignore it.

The parlay rules will never be perfect for a few reasons.

First, I have to have a parlay limit for my own protection. I won't compromise on this, and I won't let people go over it just because they made a mistake—that defeats the purpose of having the rule.

So what options are there?

I could null any parlay that is in excess of 5k. However, this seems like a bad idea. First, it would be a real disappointment to find out that your wager was nulled for being slightly over the limit. Wouldn't you rather win 5k than 0k? That seems like bad business. Second, it would require me to calculate all parlays (even busted ones) to see if I have to refund the wager for being over 5k. That adds time and effort.

There was a short period in NHL forum where McDavid was wagering "to win 2/3/4/5k." I let this go for about a week until I realized how much time and effort this adds on my part. It means that I have to calculate all parlays (even busted ones) to see how much was lost. This might not sound like a big deal in and of itself, but try going onto VI's parlay calculator ( https://www.vegasinsider.com/parlay-calculator/ ). I can't input the line odds and then enter 5k into the winnings pane to see how much must be wagered. Instead, I can only do repeated trial and error until I find the amount that equates 5k. This process takes several minutes, which pales in comparison to the 2 seconds it takes to check for a blown leg and then tally the loss on a parlay with an explicit wager.

So, all of this leads to the current set of parlay rules. I require that the bidder state an explicit amount because I don't feel like spending an extra 15+ minutes figuring how much people lost on their blown parlays. And I don't want to automatically DQ someone for going a tad over 5k because that just seems stupid. I'm not going to let people edit parlays anytime they want because that's just a terrible idea, it's against the rules, and it's a bad precedent to set.

Having said all of this, if you or anyone else can suggest a better set of rules that 1) doesn't require more time and effort from me, 2) maintains the 5k limit, and 3) doesn't call for editing active parlays, I'm all ears. I'm all for innovation.

Quote (ianarky @ Oct 18 2020 09:08pm)
You take the time to calculate very many bets including parlays, but if it's in your favor you ignore it.

The first part is true. I do take a fair amount of time to calculate very many bets including parlays... on Monday during my lunch break. I am not calculating anything on Sunday because I just don't have time and it's a waste of effort. I can check for basic rules questions because those are quick. However, I don't have time to check your bets for you. It's your responsibility to do this yourself. I spend Sunday making dinner, meal-prepping for the week ahead, doing dishes, and watching football. To suggest that I am constantly calculating bets all Sunday is not only wrong, but a petty attempt to paint me as a bad person just to win an argument. You have no idea what my life is like, how much I work, or how little free time I have these days.

Quote (ianarky @ Oct 18 2020 09:45pm)
yeah, was already over the 5k by 800+. if i wasn't thenI would not have asked, But by saying no he is not friend, not someone worth betting with and frankly not a good person. If he wakes up and realizes the mistakes he made the most of this is retractedcd

We have some agreement here. Doing the right thing would begin with me listening to your side of the issue. I just did that by reading your posts.

However, you make it difficult for me to have an open mind when you disparage my character, make up lies about me stealing your fg when I said I sent it to Sheriff, deliberately misinterpret the rules to make a bogus argument, and threaten to get me locked while I'm medding 50k in other people's fg, all in an attempt to coerce me into giving you fg, and all before even hearing my perspective on the issue. This strategy puts me in a defensive stance and makes me reluctant to compromise. It also makes me reluctant to reward this behavior because then people who make mistakes in the future will do the same thing because they saw it work before.

If you had instead spoken to me personally like an adult, admitted to making an honest mistake, and taken responsibility for your actions, then I would have been much more receptive to working with you to find an amenable solution, whether it be a refund, a partial payment, or a community freeroll with the fg.
Gold: 44.20
Oct 20 2020 09:48pm
Quote (Terps @ Oct 20 2020 11:11pm)
I want to give my response on what you said in this thread, since I never really had time to fully read your argument yesterday. I think sharing my perspective would help you understand where I'm coming from. I felt you deserved a genuine answer, and I thought your questions raised some valid avenues for discussion, even if I disagree with them.

You requested to edit your parlay at 3:30pm, two and a half hours after the parlay had started.

https://i.imgur.com/DpW24sU.png

I posted this in the Discord. You probably already read it, but here it is for everyone else.

So while I admit some clarity needs to be made, ultimately I think it's pretty obvious that you cannot edit a parlay after it starts.

Nevertheless, to entertain your argument and the consequences of a potential rule update/revision, I analyzed the potential ramifications. Copy/paste from Discord:

Seems like a bad idea to allow people to edit bets after the bet becomes active. Think about it: if I'm as corrupt and greedy as you say, do you really want me to have this ability?

I've had the same 5k parlay limit for years. (It actually used to be 3k.)

Why is this suddenly a problem now? I'm not even the only one with a 5k limit. Tx6, Lakeshow, and other bookies do the same thing. I've never had anyone have a problem with it before, and I've been doing this since 2017.

The reason for the limit is because one big parlay can wipe out the bookie's bankroll. If I had more fg then maybe I could raise or lift it, but I only have ~100k. Parlays are what kill me, at least on jsp. That's also why I juice heavy favorite MLs.

The parlay rules will never be perfect for a few reasons.

First, I have to have a parlay limit for my own protection. I won't compromise on this, and I won't let people go over it just because they made a mistake—that defeats the purpose of having the rule.

So what options are there?

I could null any parlay that is in excess of 5k. However, this seems like a bad idea. First, it would be a real disappointment to find out that your wager was nulled for being slightly over the limit. Wouldn't you rather win 5k than 0k? That seems like bad business. Second, it would require me to calculate all parlays (even busted ones) to see if I have to refund the wager for being over 5k. That adds time and effort.

There was a short period in NHL forum where McDavid was wagering "to win 2/3/4/5k." I let this go for about a week until I realized how much time and effort this adds on my part. It means that I have to calculate all parlays (even busted ones) to see how much was lost. This might not sound like a big deal in and of itself, but try going onto VI's parlay calculator ( https://www.vegasinsider.com/parlay-calculator/ ). I can't input the line odds and then enter 5k into the winnings pane to see how much must be wagered. Instead, I can only do repeated trial and error until I find the amount that equates 5k. This process takes several minutes, which pales in comparison to the 2 seconds it takes to check for a blown leg and then tally the loss on a parlay with an explicit wager.

So, all of this leads to the current set of parlay rules. I require that the bidder state an explicit amount because I don't feel like spending an extra 15+ minutes figuring how much people lost on their blown parlays. And I don't want to automatically DQ someone for going a tad over 5k because that just seems stupid. I'm not going to let people edit parlays anytime they want because that's just a terrible idea, it's against the rules, and it's a bad precedent to set.

Having said all of this, if you or anyone else can suggest a better set of rules that 1) doesn't require more time and effort from me, 2) maintains the 5k limit, and 3) doesn't call for editing active parlays, I'm all ears. I'm all for innovation.

The first part is true. I do take a fair amount of time to calculate very many bets including parlays... on Monday during my lunch break. I am not calculating anything on Sunday because I just don't have time and it's a waste of effort. I can check for basic rules questions because those are quick. However, I don't have time to check your bets for you. It's your responsibility to do this yourself. I spend Sunday making dinner, meal-prepping for the week ahead, doing dishes, and watching football. To suggest that I am constantly calculating bets all Sunday is not only wrong, but a petty attempt to paint me as a bad person just to win an argument. You have no idea what my life is like, how much I work, or how little free time I have these days.

We have some agreement here. Doing the right thing would begin with me listening to your side of the issue. I just did that by reading your posts.

However, you make it difficult for me to have an open mind when you disparage my character, make up lies about me stealing your fg when I said I sent it to Sheriff, deliberately misinterpret the rules to make a bogus argument, and threaten to get me locked while I'm medding 50k in other people's fg, all in an attempt to coerce me into giving you fg, and all before even hearing my perspective on the issue. This strategy puts me in a defensive stance and makes me reluctant to compromise. It also makes me reluctant to reward this behavior because then people who make mistakes in the future will do the same thing because they saw it work before.

If you had instead spoken to me personally like an adult, admitted to making an honest mistake, and taken responsibility for your actions, then I would have been much more receptive to working with you to find an amenable solution, whether it be a refund, a partial payment, or a community freeroll with the fg.

#1 i appreciate this response. TY. I find it much better than the one where you tried to belittle me based on grammar mistakes.

#2 i am not in the sports discord so any posts you made there i did not receive.

#3 i understand the parlay rules cap at 5k, but what gives you the right to keep the amount over that stated?! You can't have that both ways. That is a scam. You should send back any FG that you would not have won w/o your made up limit for ALL PARLAYS

#4 any reasonable person would have ignored a bet when my first 4 legs were over your 5k.

It's sickening that you held me to a an excess bet that only favored you

I work my ass off just like you and have little time waste on this BS, but i can honestly say i would not have made the same decision you did. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2020 10:00pm
Quote (ianarky @ Oct 20 2020 06:37pm)
no but :love:

I tried to squash this and i apologize to all that it got out of hand

<3 you all (but monkeykid)

I would like this thread to be closed so we can move on

Never
Oct 20 2020 10:15pm
Quote (ianarky @ Oct 20 2020 10:48pm)
#1 i appreciate this response. TY. I find it much better than the one where you tried to belittle me based on grammar mistakes.

#2 i am not in the sports discord so any posts you made there i did not receive.

#3 i understand the parlay rules cap at 5k, but what gives you the right to keep the amount over that stated?! You can't have that both ways. That is a scam. You should send back any FG that you would not have won w/o your made up limit for ALL PARLAYS

#4 any reasonable person would have ignored a bet when my first 4 legs were over your 5k.

It's sickening that you held me to a an excess bet that only favored you

I work my ass off just like you and have little time waste on this BS, but i can honestly say i would not have made the same decision you did. Good luck in your future endeavors.

He never addressed the fact he clearly knew he was fucking you when he accepted the packers ML. Very convenient he forgets this part. Hes just advocating rules and trying to lawyer you into thinking what he did was right. He thinks he's smart but he's very short sighted
Banned
Gold: 0.14
Oct 20 2020 10:18pm
Quote (Nede @ Oct 20 2020 11:00pm)
Never

:rofl:
Oct 20 2020 10:38pm
Quote (Nede @ Oct 20 2020 11:15pm)
He never addressed the fact he clearly knew he was fucking you when he accepted the packers ML. Very convenient he forgets this part. Hes just advocating rules and trying to lawyer you into thinking what he did was right. He thinks he's smart but he's very short sighted

Need you to see this too. Because you are completely complicit in this too after your behavior here.

And let's be clear here, I dont know a damn thing about sports betting (nor have I ever claimed to) and I've never been on Vegas insider until I read terps response where he linked it and i learned in less than 2 minutes that it jumped from 10:1 to 20:1 from a 4 team to 5 team parley, which is quite a significant jump. And to think terps didn't know exactly what the payout difference would be and didnt completely and wholeheartedly know his own rules and how that added bet would make it twice as hard to hit without any risk for increased payment is ignorant and just plain despicable. Terps knew exactly what he was doing when he accepted it. The fact hes trying to play it off like "how could he know because he's so busy" is very despicable and shows his true character. He's been doing it admittedly since 2017 and he claims he's so intelligent all the times theres absolutely no way in hell he doesn't have a few parley payouts memorized especially for a max bet. Even if its harder to calculate the exact amounts than simple memorization can handle there's absolutely no way in hell he didn't have a good idea of what was going down. I learned parley basics in less than 2 minutes. Hes been doing it for 3 years. If I can learn that in 2 minutes I mean gosh hes so much smarter than me right? What do you think he's committed to memory in 3 years? Don't be naive. Terps is 100% correct in regards to rules. But a good human being wouldn't have accepted it in the first place

#terps4scumbag

This post was edited by Nede on Oct 20 2020 10:40pm
Gold: 10.55
Oct 20 2020 11:10pm
This is exactly why i sit on VI and calculate down the closest 1fg the amount to wager on a parlay if im going for max payout lmao
I can attest its not fun and does take time changing to amount so many times to check the payout, but its so much less time spent on there than it would be arguing over it here for two and a half days now.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1222324252632Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll