d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Do We Ignore Right Wing Terrorism Here?
Prev11718192021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 11 2020 12:07am
Another autonomous zone formed in Portland...
Gold: 260.11
Dec 11 2020 12:29am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 11 2020 12:07am)

I fail to see why libertarians wouldn't support this. It's a voluntary commune forming to buck the authoritarian state.
Gold: 127.69
Warn: 10%
Dec 11 2020 04:07pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 11 2020 01:07am)

Someone has no clue what was going on in the late 60s and 70s.
Gold: 6,376.70
Dec 12 2020 06:18pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 10 Dec 2020 22:29)
I fail to see why libertarians wouldn't support this. It's a voluntary commune forming to buck the authoritarian state.

Nobody should support this, tbh. And the police were in the wrong as well. A quick brief:

A family owned a home outright. They took a mortgage so they could finance whatever the hell they pleased, which they were faithfully repaying. The bank sold their mortgage to another bank. There was confusion over the repayment. A couple years ago, the correct bank provided proper instructions on repayment. No further payments were made. The loan went into default. The bank took possession of the title, and resold the property basically at cost so they wouldn't take any losses. New owner was leaving the family be during the pandemic. But housing forgiveness is over in Portland, so it was time to come collect. Antifa/BLM objected.

Now, at this point, I'm on board with literally everything. The "new owner" talked with the family and the protestors, and said, "Hey, like, I made this investment, here's what it cost. If you can pay me what I spent, I'll sell it right back to you." Both the family and the protesters agreed and a gofundme was set up. Last I saw (day or two ago) the gofundme was only like $20K shy of the final goal (which they've probably hit by now). The ultimate resolution, if the police had just stood down, is that within the minimal time allowed for the deed to change hands by law, the family would once again be the proud new owners of their home, via crowdsourcing.

Unfortunately, Ted Wheeler's a fucking idiot and sent cops in. But Antifa/BLM had set up road spikes, barriers, etc. They were not going to allow any attempt to retake the family's home before transfer of deed. Thus you end up with a super nasty video.

The one fucking time Wheeler gets off his useless ass, he should have stayed sleeping. He's a piece of shit and I'm starting to think the Antifa candidate may actually have been a better fit.

Edit: Anyhow, to finish the timeline, the protestors have now set up multiple layers of barricades, and are enveloping a couple blocks. And it's wreaking havoc with other residents in the area, who're PISSED. That's the shit part. In what was genuinely about to become an awesome scenario, they've gone from defending one downtrodden family to active oppressing 20 others. It's really a fucked up situation.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Dec 12 2020 06:21pm
Gold: 260.11
Dec 12 2020 06:39pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Dec 12 2020 06:18pm)
Nobody should support this, tbh. And the police were in the wrong as well. A quick brief:

A family owned a home outright. They took a mortgage so they could finance whatever the hell they pleased, which they were faithfully repaying. The bank sold their mortgage to another bank. There was confusion over the repayment. A couple years ago, the correct bank provided proper instructions on repayment. No further payments were made. The loan went into default. The bank took possession of the title, and resold the property basically at cost so they wouldn't take any losses. New owner was leaving the family be during the pandemic. But housing forgiveness is over in Portland, so it was time to come collect. Antifa/BLM objected.

Now, at this point, I'm on board with literally everything. The "new owner" talked with the family and the protestors, and said, "Hey, like, I made this investment, here's what it cost. If you can pay me what I spent, I'll sell it right back to you." Both the family and the protesters agreed and a gofundme was set up. Last I saw (day or two ago) the gofundme was only like $20K shy of the final goal (which they've probably hit by now). The ultimate resolution, if the police had just stood down, is that within the minimal time allowed for the deed to change hands by law, the family would once again be the proud new owners of their home, via crowdsourcing.

Unfortunately, Ted Wheeler's a fucking idiot and sent cops in. But Antifa/BLM had set up road spikes, barriers, etc. They were not going to allow any attempt to retake the family's home before transfer of deed. Thus you end up with a super nasty video.

The one fucking time Wheeler gets off his useless ass, he should have stayed sleeping. He's a piece of shit and I'm starting to think the Antifa candidate may actually have been a better fit.

Edit: Anyhow, to finish the timeline, the protestors have now set up multiple layers of barricades, and are enveloping a couple blocks. And it's wreaking havoc with other residents in the area, who're PISSED. That's the shit part. In what was genuinely about to become an awesome scenario, they've gone from defending one downtrodden family to active oppressing 20 others. It's really a fucked up situation.

Gonna be honest, your story just supports my thought that any true libertarians should be out in full support. The police and government got in the way of a deal being made and peaceably resolved to everybody's benefit. Stopping the police involvement at that point becomes a moral imperative.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Dec 12 2020 06:40pm
Gold: 6,376.70
Dec 12 2020 06:50pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 12 Dec 2020 16:39)
Gonna be honest, your story just supports my thought that any true libertarians should be out in full support. The police and government got in the way of a deal being made and peaceably resolved to everybody's benefit. Stopping the police involvement at that point becomes a moral imperative.

I have no real issue in this case with preventing the police from forcefully evicting the family, as long as the sale is going to proceed in good faith. It's the occupation of multiple city blocks, and the damage that's doing to surrounding properties, travel, and families that's the real concern. This is a residential area and a lot of people live there who now lack any freedom of movement, with a mob camped outside their homes that is prone to violence at the drop of a dime, many of whom are well-armed to boot.

We can actually agree that Ted Wheeler's an idiot, his action in sending the police in the second time was reprehensible, and Antifa/BLM actually did an arguably good thing. It's the follow-up and further damaging the lives of neighbors in the area where the problem sets in. Nobody asked them if they wanted an Autonomous Zone, and if they had, the answer would have been no. There've been some interviews to that effect, with a small number of the residents claiming they've been attacked by the... Protestors. And hence where we start seeing issue. Securing the willing sale of a property and preventing the dumbshit and chief from fucking it up is a good thing. Laying claim to several blocks that include property owned and rented by many families who want no part is where we violently disagree.

My only hope at this point is that once the sale is finalized, the Antifa/BLM crowd pack up and leave, so not only the family, but all the neighbors can resume life as normal, free of Wheeler's harassment OR mob harassment.
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 12 2020 07:50pm
Quote (Sh00p @ Dec 11 2020 05:07pm)
Someone has no clue what was going on in the late 60s and 70s.

At least Nixon had the common sense to shoot the Kent state losers
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 13 2020 08:15am

Tomorrow is Dec 14th.
Gold: 14,569.69
Dec 16 2020 10:16pm
cams male chauvinist club..
who's gonna keep defending these guys' as good ol' constitutionalist against the "blue haired trannies" because ya clearly they the same thing.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev11718192021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll