Hello everyone, I'm happy to announce v1.31 of Ladder Slasher. It's been six years since the last complete client rewrite when we switched from Flash to HTML5. When I initially did that rewrite it was intended only to be a proof of concept, but it ended up working so well that it stuck with us for much longer. I've finally gotten around to doing a full client rewrite to better facilitate current and future updates as well as planned features and changes. Below are some brief highlights of the new things in v1.31, and then the full summary. Just like last time, this isn't an exhaustive description of every change, but I did put good effort in to document the changes as I progressed, though I'm sure there are a few things you'll notice that were not mentioned.
Huge thanks to
for their help testing, ideas, and feedback during this process!Updated tool tips and inventory:
You will notice you don't see the use or trash icons. They will appear once you select/drag an item. This is in addition to the new tool tips which highlight the equipped item.
Completely redesigned and updated market:
Updated the market search, display fg cost on items as well as the tool tips now show the end time.
New expired market items display!
Expired market items now show as expired if they are no longer listed.
Even more immersive game play and new monster effects!
The maze is always visible and more monster abilities now display providing a more immersive game play.
Customize your valut!
You can now customize your vault deposit slots with custom names.
Tabs for the Log Window!
There are now tabs to help organize in game messages.
Full summary of changes:New Features:
- You can now Suffusence an essence with a quantity of 2 or more by itself to combine two of them into a single essence that is +1 magic level of the original stack
- Window locations and sizes will now save between sessions provided that your screen size is exactly the same as when you saved the window positions
- Heavy weapons can now be re-rolled via transmuting at the cost of two essences
- Market search now uses client-side loading to automatically load and obey flood control
- The Ladder window now uses client-side loading to automatically load and obey flood control when changing between different ladders or categories
- Vault searches now uses client-side loading to automatically load and obey flood control
- You can now restart the listing time of an item on the market by dragging the item to the item box on the sell tab and leaving cost the same, and clicking the Edit Item button.
With this feature, you can list an item at any cost, pay the fee upfront (if applicable), then as long as you refresh the item before it expires only have to pay that fee once! You can also continue to drop the price, if you desire, with each edit automatically re-extending the listing duration.
* Ladder reset still expires all items. Items that expired have to be taken to your inventory then relisted with any applicable fees paid again, as usual.
- You can now drag a market/vault item or equipment onto an equipment or item slot to take that item to your inventory. Previously you could only take them by dropping them to an equipment slot regardless of the item type
- A Vault Categories tab has been added to Settings allowing you to change the labels of the vault categories. Note: This is a per device saved setting
- Added Log window tabs for better sorting and filtering of in game messages
- Chat Log window text can now be highlighted and copied with a right click -> copy
- You can now highlight text and right click -> copy on all text boxes, including chat
- Equipped Items now have an orange Equipped tag at the top, also when comparing to other items
- Market items now show when they will expire/end
- Editing the cost of an item on the market now restarts the time on market
- Market items can now be removed immediately after a ladder reset instead of having to wait the 24 hours
- Glyphs/totems now show time remaining as Ends In like market items
- Group settings can now be edited by the leader after group creation
- Combat: When life is stolen, the connecting line will be red
- Combat: When damage return activates for a loss of life to the attacker, the connecting line will be slightly dashed
- Physical/Magic damage reduce effects on monsters has been updated
- The following new monster abilities now display visually:
- Life Steal buff
- Elemental Mastery buff
- The Stats window has been redesigned so that it now shows heal for heal charms and damage otherwise
- The Market was completely redesigned
- Your Forum Gold amount will now always show with two decimals places
- Server now responds with a flood control warning message when using Find Players too quickly
- Drops resize icon changed to be a more fluid design with the window
- Leveling up now updates the stat window if it is currently open
- Wells now display as a circle on the mini-map
- Maze background display persists while in catacombs, rather than hiding during combat and other conditions
- Group leader's name is now prefixed with a crown
- Market items near to expiring will show as Soon, and expired items in your Sell tab will show as Expired if they are no longer listed
- Adding an item for sale now refreshes your items for sale list so you can see that it succeeded
- Mobile UI/design underwent an overhaul and much redesigning/rewriting + fixes
- All popup windows have a consistent width for usage
- Item selection and usage should be more reliable
- Fixed the bug where opening the chat window caused the top portion of the screen to be inaccessible
Bug Fixes & Optimizations:
- Monster encounter chance while changing directions has been greatly reduced
- Whole numbers only allowed on market item sales >= 100fg
- Demonog now has a new ability
- Server no longer purges item claimed in a group where the only claimer left the group before item was distributed, so it can be claimed later by another player still in the group
- Vault Withdraw search now functions like the market when not specifying max Level or Magic values; it will assume the maximum value when maximum is not specified rather than maximum = minimum
- Fixed a bug in the server code that might have been the culprit behind the nearly always crash @ ladder reset
- Client code cleanups and optimizations on ability code, monsters, character code, groups and items
- Market window no longer moves position on sell/transfer tabs
- It is no longer possible to select a charm slot that does not have a charm equipped as your attack type
- Fixed a bug that was causing the new ability for Misticle and Glyger to not work properly
- Fixed some edge cases with item drop pickup (user clicking item, then logging out or refreshing their page, continuous negative countdown timer as a result, etc)
- Fixed a bug when doing the master quest while in a group that produced a short visual error
- Fixed a harmless bug where some elements were not being cleaned up/removed when leaving a group
- Fixed a rare edge-case bug where a well or trapdoor would not show up on the mini-map
- All draggable objects (popup windows, items, keys) can no longer be dragged offscreen, but are constrained to the viewable area
- Fixed an issue where it would under certain circumstances incorrectly show you and someone else as the leader of a group after joining another group
- Fixed a bug where emblems or glyphs placed on you with life/mana regen or jubilance were not properly reflected during in town regeneration
- Fixed numerous bugs related to popup window focus/refocus, such as having to double click password field in market, auto scroll to top lists, etc
- Hotkeys will now only function after a character is selected, not at login or character select screen
- All popups now properly close after Master Quest
- Fixed some rare instances where when using the last item in a stack in skilling it would show up incorrectly in a skill window item slot