d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Help With The Baron Zombie Build
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 18,951.95
Aug 17 2020 07:01pm
Just started playing PoE and decided to follow this guide

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/the-baron-zombies-skeletons-necromancer-gear-jewels-and-flasks

I'm level 70 and just finished the story line. My damage and total life is ok, don't have any problems killing but I don't know what items to use to max my resistances. I've looked at the items the guide suggests and most are really expensive. Is there an easier way to reach max resists without spending a fortune?

I basically have 5 slots available to max resists, two rings, ammy, belt, and armor.

Any advice as to what items I should be going after or how to craft/find what I need would be great.

Thanks
Gold: 2,673.69
Aug 17 2020 08:57pm
Not so much. You might just throw on the trash you have and use a purity until you can build up currency. That or take a couple resist nodes until you can spec out of them. The resist by the Scion life is nice with the jewel socket. If you’re playing soft core then just move forward and you’ll get the currency eventually don’t worry about dying just respawn and move forward.
Aug 17 2020 09:13pm
Quote (brigadier @ Aug 17 2020 10:57pm)
Not so much. You might just throw on the trash you have and use a purity until you can build up currency. That or take a couple resist nodes until you can spec out of them. The resist by the Scion life is nice with the jewel socket. If you’re playing soft core then just move forward and you’ll get the currency eventually don’t worry about dying just respawn and move forward.

Thanks for the advice. I might take those resist nodes, seems like a decent temporary fix.

I did look at a few other options, what is the max resistance you can roll on those 4 slots? Is it easier to max resists using single resist items (ex. 80 cold ring) or all resists? (30 on rings?)
Gold: 2,673.69
Aug 17 2020 09:33pm
Quote (DrunknSticky @ Aug 17 2020 08:13pm)
Thanks for the advice. I might take those resist nodes, seems like a decent temporary fix.

I did look at a few other options, what is the max resistance you can roll on those 4 slots? Is it easier to max resists using single resist items (ex. 80 cold ring) or all resists? (30 on rings?)

It depends on the item level to some extent. You’re probably looking at 30+ single resists on items for them to be usable.

I prefer more balance so I can craft the resist and chaos resist everywhere. I usually look for this set up on my jewelry.
Life
Mana <—-I do mind over matter on most builds I run in hc
Res
Res

You might beg someone to let you in their blight maps and identify all the jewelry that is left on the ground. Most people just leave rare two stones, sapphire, ruby, and topaz rings on the ground Unidentified. Tell someone your only intention is to do this and I’m sure you’ll get someone to let you in. Blight maps are where I get most of my jewelry because the chests shit out like 15 pieces of jewelry.

This post was edited by brigadier on Aug 17 2020 09:34pm
Gold: 1,399.31
Aug 18 2020 12:43am
Quote (DrunknSticky @ Aug 18 2020 03:01am)
Just started playing PoE and decided to follow this guide

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/the-baron-zombies-skeletons-necromancer-gear-jewels-and-flasks

I'm level 70 and just finished the story line. My damage and total life is ok, don't have any problems killing but I don't know what items to use to max my resistances. I've looked at the items the guide suggests and most are really expensive. Is there an easier way to reach max resists without spending a fortune?

I basically have 5 slots available to max resists, two rings, ammy, belt, and armor.

Any advice as to what items I should be going after or how to craft/find what I need would be great.

Thanks

To max out your resist I suggest tripple resist belt (every resist over 30%) and high resist rings. That should get you capped out. They should cost you 2-5c and you can upgrade as you go.

Probably your first character so you don't have currency and are undergeared.

I suggest farming rares in blood aqueduct (that's first zone in act9). You can level to 75 in there, and zone drops rares you can use for chaos recepie (full rare set will give you chaos orb, unidentified 2 chaos).
Zone also drops cards for tabula rasa armour.

Also use harvest crafting, maybe watch ziggy d begginer video on it to understand how it works.
Aug 18 2020 05:23am
Quote (mesija @ Aug 18 2020 02:43am)
To max out your resist I suggest tripple resist belt (every resist over 30%) and high resist rings. That should get you capped out. They should cost you 2-5c and you can upgrade as you go.

Probably your first character so you don't have currency and are undergeared.

I suggest farming rares in blood aqueduct (that's first zone in act9). You can level to 75 in there, and zone drops rares you can use for chaos recepie (full rare set will give you chaos orb, unidentified 2 chaos).
Zone also drops cards for tabula rasa armour.

Also use harvest crafting, maybe watch ziggy d begginer video on it to understand how it works.

I have a decent amount of chaos orbs I bought off jsp so my gear isn't horrible but its definitely not too notch. I'll check out that ziggy video, I haven't got into crafting much yet, I've just been condensing life-force to grow T2 seeds.

Thanks for the advice!
Gold: 1,399.31
Aug 18 2020 05:37am
Quote (DrunknSticky @ Aug 18 2020 01:23pm)
I have a decent amount of chaos orbs I bought off jsp so my gear isn't horrible but its definitely not too notch.

Be carefull about spending too much on jsp on poe as a newbie.

I remember when I was starting poe, I bought a mace for 1500fg, which is worthless now.

Get more experience and knowledge, and funny enough then you probably won't have to spend anything
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic