d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Barb V Trap
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,115.00
Aug 6 2020 11:52am
barb v trap

do i need 63 fcr 86 fhr?
or 63 fcr 48 fhr?
or 63 fcr 0 fhr?

someone w/ real experience explain in detail please

right now i run 63 fcr w/ 0 fhr

This post was edited by n00bMg on Aug 6 2020 11:53am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 6 2020 02:04pm
48fhr a must

This post was edited by Vampiryn on Aug 6 2020 02:04pm
Aug 6 2020 02:08pm
Quote (Vampiryn @ Aug 6 2020 04:04pm)
48fhr a must

If you’re going to answer, please explain the answer.
Why is 48 fhr a must?

I am not new to pvp, so a simple answer like this does not help, i need a real detailed explaination of why and when do we really need fhr vs trap sins
Gold: 0.00
Aug 6 2020 02:15pm
Quote (n00bMg @ Aug 6 2020 03:08pm)
If you’re going to answer, please explain the answer.
Why is 48 fhr a must?

I am not new to pvp, so a simple answer like this does not help, i need a real detailed explaination of why and when do we really need fhr vs trap sins

Need a good breakpoint to break from mindblast

Nothing special

That's reasonable to reach

This post was edited by Vampiryn on Aug 6 2020 02:15pm
Gold: 22,189.49
Aug 6 2020 02:24pm
there's a bit of dubious limitation of fcr/fhr when you're wsg casting tele under traps/mb, because your FHR will be irrelevant and action frame FCR breakpoints are 0/15/39/86% for 9/8/7/6.
you could be 40% fcr and 0% fhr and be just as able to wiggle out of traps and wsgcast on top of a sin as a 63% fcr / 86% fhr barb

I've long said people really overvalue fhr. Its only reactive, it only matters when you're already getting hit and trying to complete an attack/cast after, and its completely thrown out the window whenever you wsg which is what you're often doing any time you'd be FHR'd anyway. it matters more when a shadow master mind blasts you during a teleport chase while you're not smashing weapon switch, since you're recover towards your next teleport faster

I mean, it mostly matters when you are either getting hit by unpredictable/random mind blasts from SM, or by random/unpredictable stray damage instances during the stun debuff, since those scenarios are where you'll get interrupted while you're trying to start your next cast/ww or move- but where the enemy sin is not pounding you with continuous namelock mb/traps. If you're under a namelock or otherwise in a situation where you're expecting more interruptions nonstop, you should be wsging.
and its just a simple fact that whenever you're wsging and/or wsgcasting, your fhr is pretty much totally irrelevant and your fcr matters more what its action frame is than full duration (I mean, it still matters since if you reach the action frame and cast you'll spend extra frames before you can start your ww). But when you get hit by stray interrupts faster than you can react while you're already holding down teleport, or right as you land on top of a sin and get hit by something like shadow master melee attacks or blade shield, that FHR will make you delay less towards starting whirlwind or teleport

as long as you're wsgcasting you could have FHR that takes 4 frames to complete or 40 or 4000, its going to get ended prematurely every time you switch weapons

This post was edited by Goomshill on Aug 6 2020 02:32pm
Aug 6 2020 03:41pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 6 2020 04:24pm)
there's a bit of dubious limitation of fcr/fhr when you're wsg casting tele under traps/mb, because your FHR will be irrelevant and action frame FCR breakpoints are 0/15/39/86% for 9/8/7/6.
you could be 40% fcr and 0% fhr and be just as able to wiggle out of traps and wsgcast on top of a sin as a 63% fcr / 86% fhr barb

I've long said people really overvalue fhr. Its only reactive, it only matters when you're already getting hit and trying to complete an attack/cast after, and its completely thrown out the window whenever you wsg which is what you're often doing any time you'd be FHR'd anyway. it matters more when a shadow master mind blasts you during a teleport chase while you're not smashing weapon switch, since you're recover towards your next teleport faster

I mean, it mostly matters when you are either getting hit by unpredictable/random mind blasts from SM, or by random/unpredictable stray damage instances during the stun debuff, since those scenarios are where you'll get interrupted while you're trying to start your next cast/ww or move- but where the enemy sin is not pounding you with continuous namelock mb/traps. If you're under a namelock or otherwise in a situation where you're expecting more interruptions nonstop, you should be wsging.
and its just a simple fact that whenever you're wsging and/or wsgcasting, your fhr is pretty much totally irrelevant and your fcr matters more what its action frame is than full duration (I mean, it still matters since if you reach the action frame and cast you'll spend extra frames before you can start your ww). But when you get hit by stray interrupts faster than you can react while you're already holding down teleport, or right as you land on top of a sin and get hit by something like shadow master melee attacks or blade shield, that FHR will make you delay less towards starting whirlwind or teleport

as long as you're wsgcasting you could have FHR that takes 4 frames to complete or 40 or 4000, its going to get ended prematurely every time you switch weapons

This is the most amazing explaination i have ever read. Thank you. The bolded part is specifically what i needed answering.

My question to you now since you’re experienced, is as a bvc what bps would you go for vs trap sin? 63/86? Or 63/48? 63/0?

Im still leaning towards a 63/0 but am considering a 63/86 instead.
Gold: 22,189.49
Aug 6 2020 04:06pm
Quote (n00bMg @ Aug 6 2020 04:41pm)
This is the most amazing explaination i have ever read. Thank you. The bolded part is specifically what i needed answering.

My question to you now since you’re experienced, is as a bvc what bps would you go for vs trap sin? 63/86? Or 63/48? 63/0?

Im still leaning towards a 63/0 but am considering a 63/86 instead.

depending on your circlet you can get ~20% fhr without much sacrifice, on nl its 30% built into valk
I think 86 fhr takes too much life/damage sacrificed. Losing life on charms, or gore riders, or going down a fcr frame with bloodfists, or whatever else, that's a big loss in order to achieve fhr that won't matter when you're getting locked anyway. But going 0% fhr can leave you quite vulnerable on approach/neutral.

going 40% fcr builds with tgods means there's actually a few options where you weigh damage output on helm slot and socket vs raven and so on. Since I pretty much always say gores > dancers, if you're using a rare vis circlet or craft armet without fhr and slot for cham or jewel or w/e, you might have 0% fhr on them, if you're using arreats or gillhat there's 30% FHR right there. Or you could have something excessive like a viz circlet with 2x shael and bloodfist and already hit 70% without charms

if you were just doing some el cheapo ladder setup with {arreats, highlords, trangs gloves, 2x fcr rings, tgods, gores} you could feel just fine cruising at 30% FHR
I don't think anything but nl valk barbs are worth going both 63% fcr and tgods, since griffs is awful

This post was edited by Goomshill on Aug 6 2020 04:07pm
Gold: 393.01
Warn: 10%
Aug 6 2020 09:34pm
63/48 get the fhr from charms
Aug 6 2020 09:35pm
Quote (urkel182 @ Aug 6 2020 11:34pm)
63/48 get the fhr from charms

appreciate you
Gold: 6,586.00
Aug 7 2020 01:46am
86 is a crazy request for any character that doesn't use spirit.
you should ascrifice too much in comparison to the gain, stay on 48%, and abuse ww/wsg it's just enough.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll