d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Alchemist Vs Enchanter
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 56,226.28
Aug 5 2020 01:26pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Aug 5 2020 02:14am)
Voted hell no

There are plenty of things in the game that need to be reworked or fixed before I’d ever support another severely crippled class be added to the game.

This.....and it’s a paragonzi suggestion.....so a double no for me :hug:

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Aug 5 2020 01:27pm
Gold: 8,796.18
Aug 5 2020 09:45pm
Thought I would lay this out a bit more, also, I maybe inclined that this could be Overpowered in Groups.

Weapon: Staff / Polearm
Armor: Robe / Padded / Leather / Scale
Charm: None.

Strength: 10 & Dexterity: 40 (Double damage for melee over a period of 15 seconds using "Melee Enlightenment" Ability @ 25% charge up skill, so 100% charge up will last 1 minute of double damage)
Intelligence: 110 (4 mana regen per second using "Regeneration" Ability &/or double damage for casting charms for 15 seconds using "Mana Enlightenment" Ability @ 25% charge up skill, so 100% charge will last 1 minute of double damage &/or 4 Mana Regen per second for 40 seconds [may look at 1 minute, not sure if OP])
Vitality: 15 (Add first 10 points here for 1 life regeneration per second using "Regeneration" Ability for 10 seconds per 25% charge up)
Note: They do NOT stack even with another Enchanter in group, however, the duration & effects will be over-written based on the new Alchemists stats and charge up.

Abilities: Re-read abilities;
... Regeneration (Life / mana Regen while in catacombs)
... Mana Enlightenment (Doubles Offensive &/or Healing Casting based on duration = GROUP incl Chanter)
... Melee Enlightenment (Doubles Melee damage based on duration = GROUP incl Chanter)
... Hmm... Group = Catacomb / Map [i.e. while in a maze / whistle etc[

An example of an Enchanter solo'ing:
Use Regeneration & Melee Enlightenment will help you heal up while dealing more damage for 10 seconds per 25 stat points (may change for melee duration because of the stat total).

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 5 2020 10:04pm
Gold: 236.75
Aug 6 2020 05:33am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 6 Aug 2020 05:45)
Thought I would lay this out a bit more, also, I maybe inclined that this could be Overpowered in Groups.

Weapon: Staff / Polearm
Armor: Robe / Padded / Leather / Scale
Charm: None.

Strength: 10 & Dexterity: 40 (Double damage for melee over a period of 15 seconds using "Melee Enlightenment" Ability @ 25% charge up skill, so 100% charge up will last 1 minute of double damage)
Intelligence: 110 (4 mana regen per second using "Regeneration" Ability &/or double damage for casting charms for 15 seconds using "Mana Enlightenment" Ability @ 25% charge up skill, so 100% charge will last 1 minute of double damage &/or 4 Mana Regen per second for 40 seconds [may look at 1 minute, not sure if OP])
Vitality: 15 (Add first 10 points here for 1 life regeneration per second using "Regeneration" Ability for 10 seconds per 25% charge up)
Note: They do NOT stack even with another Enchanter in group, however, the duration & effects will be over-written based on the new Alchemists stats and charge up.

Abilities: Re-read abilities;
... Regeneration (Life / mana Regen while in catacombs)
... Mana Enlightenment (Doubles Offensive &/or Healing Casting based on duration = GROUP incl Chanter)
... Melee Enlightenment (Doubles Melee damage based on duration = GROUP incl Chanter)
... Hmm... Group = Catacomb / Map [i.e. while in a maze / whistle etc[

An example of an Enchanter solo'ing:
Use Regeneration & Melee Enlightenment will help you heal up while dealing more damage for 10 seconds per 25 stat points (may change for melee duration because of the stat total).

That doesn’t make any sense, doubling the healing and casting damage from a class that can’t use a charm
Gold: 81,019.35
Aug 6 2020 07:50pm
Rex luv ya....

Wtf way to hard to read.
Aug 6 2020 10:18pm
Quote (Keo @ Aug 6 2020 11:33pm)
That doesn’t make any sense, doubling the healing and casting damage from a class that can’t use a charm

The Enchanter is a SUPPORTER class, so while in a group, any caster (let us say a Warlock) deals double damage and double heal, or take a Guardian that only heals / tanks and attacks, his healing is doubled.

It isn't hard to see... it is only one ability to choose if doing group climbs, but if solo'ing, you wouldn't need that ability, but using the "Regeneration" Ability you are gaining hit points based vitality stats per second in addition to items with +X-X LPA / LPK or even Life Steal.

Quote (hasteful @ Aug 7 2020 01:50pm)
Rex luv ya....

Wtf way to hard to read.

The first post was a bit too hard and long winded... did try to bring it down a bit, sorry about that, hopefully someone that does understand it and can explain it a bit more comprehensibly would be of great help... :D
Gold: 236.75
Aug 7 2020 12:12am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 7 Aug 2020 06:18)
The Enchanter is a SUPPORTER class, so while in a group, any caster (let us say a Warlock) deals double damage and double heal, or take a Guardian that only heals / tanks and attacks, his healing is doubled.

It isn't hard to see... it is only one ability to choose if doing group climbs, but if solo'ing, you wouldn't need that ability, but using the "Regeneration" Ability you are gaining hit points based vitality stats per second in addition to items with +X-X LPA / LPK or even Life Steal.

The first post was a bit too hard and long winded... did try to bring it down a bit, sorry about that, hopefully someone that does understand it and can explain it a bit more comprehensibly would be of great help... :D

Mobs already get oneshot most of the time...
Aug 7 2020 12:40am
Quote (Keo @ Aug 7 2020 06:12pm)
Mobs already get oneshot most of the time...

Oh really... so you are saying that you can 1 shot an EP at level 75+, or doing a MM while the Event has around 75% Monster difficulty... also.. are you using 200+% ee gear with the rest of the group? ... can you take a level 55 Enchanter into a group from level 1 to be a SUPPORTER enhancing their damage / healing while tanking until they reach 55 to 75 in LESS than 1 hour in a whistle climb? Have you even thought about it? All you need to contemplate is that 4 out out of 5 members in the group are dealing DOUBLE damage and heal while the enchanter at level 75 absorbs damage while regenerating hit / mana points over 10 second periods or longer based on their stats.

Anyway... if you can not see it, and it has to be explained to you in a bit more detail, I can honestly assume that you don't have a grasp on the basics of the game... especially when the Enchanter can TANK using EE scale armor or the fact that +X VITA OR INT items gives all in the group life and mana regen while in catacombs instead of regenerating in town where the group needs to w8 for a caster/healer (Warlock as an example) to continue on... as for whistling groups... it just makes the runs faster... this also supports MM and 101 objectives.

EDIT: HONESTLY... I would never had thought I would have to go into this much detail in explaining the basics of a "Supporter" class to you ... i.e. Keo

#2 EDIT: I mean, wtf, one group member using the "Multi Strike" ability @ 25% charge up deals DOUBLE damage let alone getting to 75% charge up Multi Strike or Multi Cast etc... for fuck sake... isn't that just fucking over powered and people are bitching about a class that can NOT USE ANY CHARMS.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 7 2020 12:47am
Gold: 68,076.27
Aug 7 2020 12:51am
Don’t let them get you down, they just can’t see it yet.

You’re a visionary, it takes time for people to appreciate it. Sometimes they never get there.
Gold: 2,157.03
Aug 7 2020 12:53am
Quote (ToughGuy_TJ @ Aug 7 2020 02:51am)
Don’t let them get you down, they just can’t see it yet.

You’re a visionary, it takes time for people to appreciate it. Sometimes they never get there.

yes let people have 2 reset classes - a bard vs an alchemist
Gold: 6,280.90
Aug 7 2020 12:53am
I'm not smart enough for this thread tbh.

I voted yes cause it seems cool.

This post was edited by Linux on Aug 7 2020 12:56am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll