d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Biden Vp Poll
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 12 2020 10:19pm
Quote (fender @ Aug 12 2020 08:43pm)
learn to read more carefully, it'd help you make your deflection attempts a little less clumsy. not only is this not a discussion about germany, i also have never claimed nor suggested we're 'special' in that regard. in fact, i explicitly mentioned that most (if not all) of your peer nations have better political representation of their average citizens.

guess you have given up on pretending you could make even a semi-reasonable argument regarding your 'quite a bit of change' claim, huh? not unexpected, but still somewhat disappointing.
i admit i was hoping for an amusing spin attempt how the voting rights act would somehow magically address the legalised bribery system you established. bit of a shame that you decided to just drop out one post early...

You were waving your clitoris around like it's the hottest tick in town when you said that "most modern western states" represented the people better than America. Great! Tell me HOW! We already AGREE that the American government doesn't represent the people well. We've agreed on that point since the very beginning. Where we ostensibly disagree is the acceptable level of "non-representation."

Look, at the end of the day, I want concrete specific proposals from YOU regarding how to fix the issues of non-representation. Hell, you can even say "everything on that site and nothing else" and I'd be happy to engage with that answer. But you've literally given me nothing so I'm not sure what to do with that.

You seem to be hung up on "corporate interests" when that's a fraction of WHY Americans aren't well represented. It's a large fraction, sure, but it doesn't address everything. That's why I gave you the voting rights spiel because that addresses a separate fraction of the dozens of fractions for why Americans aren't well represented. But fine, let's talk STRICTLY about corporate interests. How does YOUR country address it (or any other "modern western state") and what would you like to see in America do in this regard?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Aug 12 2020 10:38pm
Quote (thundercock @ 13 Aug 2020 06:19)
You were waving your clitoris around like it's the hottest tick in town when you said that "most modern western states" represented the people better than America. Great! Tell me HOW! We already AGREE that the American government doesn't represent the people well. We've agreed on that point since the very beginning. Where we ostensibly disagree is the acceptable level of "non-representation."

Look, at the end of the day, I want concrete specific proposals from YOU regarding how to fix the issues of non-representation. Hell, you can even say "everything on that site and nothing else" and I'd be happy to engage with that answer. But you've literally given me nothing so I'm not sure what to do with that.

You seem to be hung up on "corporate interests" when that's a fraction of WHY Americans aren't well represented. It's a large fraction, sure, but it doesn't address everything. That's why I gave you the voting rights spiel because that addresses a separate fraction of the dozens of fractions for why Americans aren't well represented. But fine, let's talk STRICTLY about corporate interests. How does YOUR country address it (or any other "modern western state") and what would you like to see in America do in this regard?

i'm trying to tell you that biden, harris, and the dnc will maintain america's oligarchy, and you're just 'hurr durr, there will be quite a bit of change under biden, you only have to ignore history, political record, donors, and his whole campaign. let's rather talk hypothetical solutions that biden never once mentioned or supported during his whole career, this is getting uncomfortable.'

all you have are lazy excuses and shilling, wishes without any substance or basis in reality, that's why you constantly TRY TO CHANGE THE CONVERSATION. show me something specific, tell me how biden will remedy the complete lack of political representation of the average citizen, and what exactly gives you the reasonable expectation he would do that. give me something concrete or kindly gtfo.

______

i wonder how long it will take you to realise that i will not entertain your obvious deflection attempts. this is about how biden and his vp, and their stance on corporate lobbying, the issue that turned america into an oligarchy.
we can discuss how other countries have not (yet) reached the same degree of legalised bribery due to campaign financing and lobbying restrictions, through functioning checks and balances in their governments and ethics rules and commissions that have actual power, and through populations not so thoroughly brainwashed with corporate propaganda AFTER we brought the original discussion to a somewhat reasonable conclusion - either by you providing concrete policies that biden / harris support that would tackle the lobbying issue, or by admitting those don't exist, and you don't have anything of substance to support your claims about change under biden.

This post was edited by fender on Aug 12 2020 10:41pm
Gold: 57.00
Aug 12 2020 10:53pm
what the hell is the buzzword salad above about lmao
Gold: 4,400.67
Aug 13 2020 12:06am
Has fender ever had a longer conversation with anyone here on PaRD that didnt end in fender accusing the other guy of "lazy excuses" and "shilling"?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll