d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > 1006 Disconnect Error All Day
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,499.93
Aug 13 2020 06:09pm
I actually had a 1001 disconnect today.
Gold: 7,305.79
Aug 13 2020 06:18pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 13 2020 07:42pm)
Your post is extremely funny. You post like "Captain Obvious";

"Who gives a shit if its client side or server side causing the issue." and then you post; "Point is the issue is there and it needs to be fixed." and so on.

How about you just clean up any "Client side" issues first and see if you get less "Disconnected 1006" issues first, then if it happens, you may get LESS disconnects, now, if everyone did this on LS and it still occurs, then it maybe "Server Side" where Paul can make adjustments.

Whether he does is another matter... so work on "mobile" issues and also "PC" issues from client side, and if it keeps on occurring, then it is server side.

EDIT: change browsers or browsing settings to keep active while window/tab is open (note; I have woken up from a 4+ hour sleep and I am still in game without any disconnection)

please stop posting because you make 0 sense. This isn't a "client side" issue. Its a server side, Paul has already acknowledged this in the past
Gold: 81,990.09
Aug 13 2020 06:52pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 13 Aug 2020 21:07)
Can I ask you a simple question.

Did you close your "window" or "tab" and re log onto Ladder Slasher to continue on?

Note: I will always close the "window" / "tab" and re log on to LS and continue gaming, 99% of the time I do this fixes the issue, whereas when I don't, I get more disconnects (1006)

EDIT: trying to find similarities to identify any issue that causes 1006 disconnects.

I didn't. Will for sure try that Rex!

Thanks for trying to help.
Gold: 8,883.58
Aug 13 2020 09:01pm
Quote (schmoogalaboo @ Aug 14 2020 12:09pm)
I actually had a 1001 disconnect today.

I had that also today, so I am trying to see which disconnects are related to simple "portal" connections vs "client side" or "server side".

Quote (Pick @ Aug 14 2020 12:18pm)
please stop posting because you make 0 sense. This isn't a "client side" issue. Its a server side, Paul has already acknowledged this in the past

Incorrect... simply put, if it was a "server side" issue, everyone in the group, run during that time will get disconnected, BUT, it has been posted at some point that a person in a group will get a 1006 Disconnect where others do NOT... so... how about fucking researching the facts more before spouting off shit.

Quote (legirotto @ Aug 14 2020 12:52pm)
I didn't. Will for sure try that Rex!

Thanks for trying to help.

Thanks... it can help with everyone working together to find out how to identify an issue.
Gold: 236.75
Aug 13 2020 10:50pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 14 Aug 2020 05:01)
Incorrect... simply put, if it was a "server side" issue, everyone in the group, run during that time will get disconnected, BUT, it has been posted at some point that a person in a group will get a 1006 Disconnect where others do NOT... so... how about fucking researching the facts more before spouting off shit.

Tbh you’re on the wrong there, beeing a server issue doesn’t mean EVERYONE is gonna suffer it, could be related to a specific browser, a specific location or just hit everyone in the group, you should research the facts a bit more before spouting shit off.

I will go more in depth even tho it’s gonna be a waste of time with you, 1006 ain’t even a bad error, in some servers is used as a security measure to avoid scanning for open ports on server or to automatically stop ddos.
It’s something the server does to protect itself, so yes it’s a server side issue.

This post was edited by Keo on Aug 13 2020 10:55pm
Aug 13 2020 10:54pm
Quote (Keo @ Aug 14 2020 04:50pm)
Tbh you’re on the wrong there, beeing a server issue doesn’t mean EVERYONE is gonna suffer it, could be related to a specific browser, a specific location or just hit everyone in the group, you should research the facts a bit more before spouting shit off.

So you are saying if the server of 50 online players are effected based on their location via portals only? Maybe some research can be done by getting information first off.

EDIT: nvm, I was under the impression that "Server" drops only effect other portals... oh wait, it affects all of them because the information is server related. Or, are you referring to the "protocols" setup by the coding that the server is running?

Quote (Keo @ Aug 14 2020 04:50pm)
I will go more in depth even tho it’s gonna be a waste of time with you, 1006 ain’t even a bad error, in some servers is used as a security measure to avoid scanning for open ports on server or to automatically stop ddos.
It’s something the server does to protect itself, so yes it’s a server side issue.

You are missing a valid point I made earlier ... it can also be related to client side issues, and people that experience it should take the time to resolve it on their end to validate the point that it MAYBE (not coherently) Server side issue.

It is either Client side issue in some cases or Server side issue... remove the "Client" side and you get more information about how it is affecting the server side, once that is established and can be reproduced more consistently, then it can be fixed... how fucking hard is that to comprehend.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 13 2020 11:02pm
Gold: 7,305.79
Aug 13 2020 11:10pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Aug 14 2020 12:54am)
So you are saying if the server of 50 online players are effected based on their location via portals only? Maybe some research can be done by getting information first off.

EDIT: nvm, I was under the impression that "Server" drops only effect other portals... oh wait, it affects all of them because the information is server related. Or, are you referring to the "protocols" setup by the coding that the server is running?

You are missing a valid point I made earlier ... it can also be related to client side issues, and people that experience it should take the time to resolve it on their end to validate the point that it MAYBE (not coherently) Server side issue.

It is either Client side issue in some cases or Server side issue... remove the "Client" side and you get more information about how it is affecting the server side, once that is established and can be reproduced more consistently, then it can be fixed... how fucking hard is that to comprehend.

Admit you are wrong, have 0 clue what bullshit you are spouting off, accept it and move on

ty bb for responding, i wasn't going to, but glad you already know its a waste of time with this guy :rofl:
Aug 13 2020 11:22pm
Ok I’m gonna explain a bit more but I’ll go from scratch
Server works on 2 sides, gathering information from players and sending information to players
1006 issue is a gathering info issue
From now on server will be S and player will be P.
P is doing something totally normal related to game mechanics
S is sending info to P and receiving info from P
S receives a totally normal info but it believes P is trying to either ddos or checking for open ports
S shuts him down via 1006
Why does that happen: websockets are fucked up
How do you fix websockets: you don’t
Is it server fault?: Most likely it’s Cloudflare
What it’s Cloudflare: it’s the private bodyguard you hire so you don’t get your ass kicked by others

Why is your point invalid: 1006 doesn’t get triggered by any specific action besides the server/cloudflare believing you’re trying to do shady stuff

Key word BELIEVING

This post was edited by Keo on Aug 13 2020 11:28pm
Aug 13 2020 11:29pm
Quote (Pick @ Aug 14 2020 05:10pm)
Admit you are wrong, have 0 clue what bullshit you are spouting off, accept it and move on

^keo ty bb for responding, i wasn't going to, but glad you already know its a waste of time with this guy :rofl:

Ignorant as normal

Quote (Keo @ Aug 14 2020 05:22pm)
Ok I’m gonna explain a bit more but I’ll go from scratch
Server works on 2 sides, gathering information from players and sending information to players
1006 issue is a gathering info issue
From now on server will be S and player will be P.
P is doing something totally normal related to game mechanics
S is sending info to P and receiving info from P
S receives a totally normal info but it believes P is trying to either ddos or checking for open ports
S shuts him down via 1006
Why does that happen: websockets are fucked up
How do you fix websockets: you don’t
Is it server fault?: Most likely it’s Cloudflare
What it’s Cloudflare: it’s the private bodyguard you hire so you don’t get your ass kicked by others

And? How is P contacting S because of the setting of P? Or, is the information from P through X Portal is missing Packet data and giving false information to S or the protection of Cloudflare.

How about you go talk to some fucking noobs about how packet transfer via portals from S & P can be an issue that causes a 1006 disconnect... fucking children that don't look at the fucking basics spouting off shit missing simple basics.

EDIT: since I am from NZ, the distance (even using fibre connection) can be an issue with data transferring from P & S etc via the portals they are routed through, so, that is why I will CLOSE my LS window (I don't use tabs because this also causes less packet transfer) and re log back onto LS to play if I get a Disconnect, whether it be a 1001, 1006 or 1007.

Quote (Keo @ Aug 14 2020 05:31pm)
Error 1006 doesn’t get triggered by data loss, if any it gets triggered by data excess and forces a shutdown on P to cut it
Has nothing to do with data either, has to do with how S or Cloudflare read the info

And Cloudflare can NOT distinguish the issue either... as an example, most of the Cloudflare bullshit I get is from the Melbourne portal, whereas I don't get any when using a different portal. Oh woah is me and my so called failure to research basics. And yes, weather permitting can also affect these issues... go and check the portals you use that give you the most 1006 problems... yes it can be the server, and yes it can be client side(s) but, in no way is your explanation 100% correct since we all use different portals to S from P.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 13 2020 11:37pm
Aug 13 2020 11:31pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 14 Aug 2020 07:29)
Ignorant as normal

And? How is P contacting S because of the setting of P? Or, is the information from P through X Portal is missing Packet data and giving false information to S or the protection of Cloudflare.

How about you go talk to some fucking noobs about how packet transfer via portals from S & P can be an issue that causes a 1006 disconnect... fucking children that don't look at the fucking basics spouting off shit missing simple basics.

Error 1006 doesn’t get triggered by data loss, if any it gets triggered by data excess and forces a shutdown on P to cut it
Causing a total data loss doesn’t mean it’s due to it, most of the times you get an error it’s the total opposite of what triggers it
Has nothing to do with data either, has to do with how S or Cloudflare read the info

This post was edited by Keo on Aug 13 2020 11:33pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll