d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Home Exercises > Want To Start
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,481.00
Jul 11 2020 01:14pm
Hi, I'd like to start doing some simple at-home exercises and was wondering if you guys could tell me specific exercises to try so that I can have a habit of doing them on a daily routine.

I have no knowledge of health or fitness, so I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminologies here. I want to lose some body fat I guess? or start working on my abs/stomach, maybe even shape my arms/legs a bit on the process?

Currently, I'm just doing basic exercises like jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, planks, etc for a couple minutes. Any advice or tips will be helpful and motivating.

Thanks in advance.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2020 01:13pm
Keep doing body weight exercises. Get a pull up bar for your door frame. Just keep putting in 1-2 hours a day. Take a day off if you find yourself tooo sore ect. Stick to drinking water. Ice is your flavor.
You can work out your core on a pull up bar. If you can't do a pull up. Then just hang from the bar. Just keep this up. I personally stick to meats and veggies. I'm fanatical so I go instantly from doing nothing to copying world class athletes and focus on not injuring myself. That's really it man. Go on runs ect to burn off more weight if you're obese. Try getting in a 30 min -1 hour working. Try to enjoy that pain. Cause it actually feels good when you're done. I trained myself to love being sore and in pain. It just shows me that my muscles will get stronger after i sleep.
Keep in mind that your body can deal with a lot of physical stress. So you can break your body down and it will be fine 2ish days later.

I recommend youtubing exercises. You have 100s of options and try to mix and match them every 5-6 weeks. Make a routine then change it up every 5-6 weeks.
Try to get in breakfast. SO that you don't feel tired later on in the day when you DO workout. I do so well when i eat just meats and veggies. You don't really need much carbs when you're not bulking or doing cardio. You're just losing weight right? SO stick to veggies and meat. Your muscles will tighten up and you'll lean out insanely quick.

It's summer but if you can....work out in the cold, rain, snow. It tightens your skin and it helps with stretch marks. You want to lose weight by exercise instead of diet because you get less stretch marks depending on your genetics.

If you get very serious PM me. All you really need is like 100$ to get started with equipment and you'll be using them for the rest of your life. I'm more of a PT type person and lift weights just to maintain. So i'm not your BULK BRO type guy that works out to look sexi. I'm just all in it for athleticism and fitness. IF you notice. After the military breaks you down. You all some what look the same. Your body is there to perform and survive. I can get you there pretty easily but the bulking part takes time and it's just heavy weights, stretching, and resting. It's very simple. lol

It's not all that complicated. You can know what i know in just a few days and i've been at it for over a decade.

Now pm me or post your stats. Weight, height, what you usually eat, and when you sleep, or anything related to health and fitness. IS your upper abs showing? Are you skinny? are you fat? what sports do you like to play ect. How many push ups can you do? does anything hurt? blah blah. If you have a bad leg or whatever its best to tell me so i can just tell you what to avoid. The majority of my success is being able to prevent injury. Most people run into injuries by pushing themselves too hard and they don't know when to stop.

This post was edited by Crankyjimster on Jul 17 2020 01:16pm
Jul 17 2020 09:34pm
Thanks for the long response and advices!

I've been looking at youtube exercises, I will try to get into a diet plan in the future but I'll take notes on the meats/veggies

I'm going to avoid the jogging for now because of the pandemic

I've been getting a little sore probably because my body isn't used to exercising but I don't push myself too hard

Appreciate the information and will keep up the daily exercise
Gold: 0.21
Jul 23 2020 03:08pm
Quote (BlackMarketMime @ Jul 11 2020 03:14pm)
Hi, I'd like to start doing some simple at-home exercises and was wondering if you guys could tell me specific exercises to try so that I can have a habit of doing them on a daily routine.

I have no knowledge of health or fitness, so I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminologies here. I want to lose some body fat I guess? or start working on my abs/stomach, maybe even shape my arms/legs a bit on the process?

Currently, I'm just doing basic exercises like jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, planks, etc for a couple minutes. Any advice or tips will be helpful and motivating.

Thanks in advance.

What's your weight and height if you don't mind me asking?
Also, I began doing 100 pushups a day. Not together ofc, separated throughout the day. When I played a ton of video games I'd do it in between games.
Eventually did a Max of 270 in a day. That was a hugeeee improvement to where I started. Began at 70 a day or even 50 I think.
I then introduced 100m swim (but ya can't do that now) so I'd suggest a walk or run depending on your physical wellbeing. Or skipping.
Crunches min to max start slow but make sure you actually feel it. And if you begin feeling it keep going.
I've had mind sets and still do today that tell me "don't bother, do it later or nah I don't need to, do it tomorrow"
I was in crossfit today and in my head I told myself literally 50+ times that "nah I'm too sore for this workout, I can push it off and come tomorrow, just go home, go tomorrow" literally probably more than 50 times tbh.
So you will get that Feeling.. Push through. Every time and afterwards you'll either hate yourself than love yourself for doing or just love yourself for doing.

Overall:
Work up to
100pushups
100 crunches
Double unders/skipping
Pullup bar
Dumbbells. Soooo mannyyy workouts you can do with these.
If you're a beginner.

Make sure to stretch. Before and after. Look stupid all you want cause if ya don't, you'll be sore.

Hope this helps!

This post was edited by killerrs2 on Jul 23 2020 03:08pm
Jul 23 2020 09:17pm
5'4 and like 54 kg / 119 lbs

I'm currently doing something similar of random pushups/situps/jumping jacks/etc throughout the day, but I also have like a set 30 minutes that I try to keep a routine(like youtube/google set exercises)

and thanks for the reply as well, I'll work on the crunches haha
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll