d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Comments In User Profile Page > Post A Comment About The User
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.02
Warn: 80%
Jun 24 2020 11:43am
inspired by steam, i'm asking you to implement a new function here that allows users to post comments in other user profiles (please allow more than one post per user).
every user will have this comment box such that other users can post comments there.
as many other objects in our profiles, users are able to 'hide' that box. users are also able to report bad comments (but they cannot
delete specific posts on their own).

i think this function would add some more sociableness and fun to this site and give user profiles a better and more interesting sense~

This post was edited by zetsubl on Jun 24 2020 11:48am
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
Jun 24 2020 12:03pm
would be full of spam from angry rands.
also this site is not a social platform and is not supposed to be fun.
trade or die
Gold: 69.69
Jul 11 2020 02:19am
Quote (liskod2 @ Jun 24 2020 11:03am)
would be full of spam from angry rands.
also this site is not a social platform and is not supposed to be fun.
trade or die

not a social platform? :D

With that out of the way though I see a lot of cons compared then pros.
There are comments allowed for user photos. Go look at all those and tell me you still want the same thing for your profile.

Voted no.
Gold: 18,352.00
Jul 11 2020 05:28am
We have guild topics/pm's and threads as a means to contact an individual.
I don't see the boards being all that useful outside spam and harrassment.

Quote (Theology @ Jul 11 2020 04:19am)
not a social platform? :D

lmk when you invite the mother to jsp to share photo's of your kids.
It's a site with social interaction sure but hardly a social site. It's a trading hub specifically for games and that's its only real selling point.
No one joined jsp to socially interact with people from the get go.

Also I'd argue it may not even be largest gaming/trading "community" on the internet. I guess if it is true it makes sense why they would
never delete acc's of banned/inactive/multi users, cause I mean you def wouldn't be #1 then. But being a business your not going to honestly
say your #4 or w/e, just like how every pizza shop has the best pizza in town so I guess its acceptable even if misleading.

Jul 11 2020 06:14am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jul 11 2020 04:28am)
We have guild topics/pm's and threads as a means to contact an individual.
I don't see the boards being all that useful outside spam and harrassment.

lmk when you invite the mother to jsp to share photo's of your kids.
It's a site with social interaction sure but hardly a social site. It's a trading hub specifically for games and that's its only real selling point.
No one joined jsp to socially interact with people from the get go.

Also I'd argue it may not even be largest gaming/trading "community" on the internet. I guess if it is true it makes sense why they would
never delete acc's of banned/inactive/multi users, cause I mean you def wouldn't be #1 then. But being a business your not going to honestly
say your #4 or w/e, just like how every pizza shop has the best pizza in town so I guess its acceptable even if misleading.

I will agree it is not like facebook or whatever. However it is still a place people do come and socialize with other players from the different games we all play. I can not narrow the scope of a social platform must have mothers and pictures of family. I know the trade side of things is a big selling point. However you can not trade with out some socialization. In the beginning I could see your point. Now though this site has been going strong since at least 07. Friendships have been made and kept here. I do see a lot of just overall game discussions compared with the whole trading side. I also believe that there is time and place for things like facebook. Jsp is much more private and doesn't play the game of 20 questions while making your account or profile. People call reddit a social platform so why not jsp? It definitely has some of the same kind of discussions and sub forums for it even if some are unused and out dated.

What ever our views are on what makes a social platform a social platform. Comments on profile is just a bad idea.

This post was edited by Theology on Jul 11 2020 06:15am
Gold: 18,352.00
Jul 11 2020 06:26am
Quote (Theology @ Jul 11 2020 08:14am)
I will agree it is not like facebook or whatever. However it is still a place people do come and socialize with other players from the different games we all play. I can not narrow the scope of a social platform must have mothers and pictures of family. I know the trade side of things is a big selling point. However you can not trade with out some socialization. In the beginning I could see your point. Now though this site has been going strong since at least 07. Friendships have been made and kept here. I do see a lot of just overall game discussions compared with the whole trading side. I also believe that there is time and place for things like facebook. Jsp is much more private and doesn't play the game of 20 questions while making your account or profile. People call reddit a social platform so why not jsp? It definitely has some of the same kind of discussions and sub forums for it even if some are unused and out dated.

What ever our views are on what makes a social platform a social platform. Comments on profile is just a bad idea.

Like I said people don't join this site to interact with others on a personal and social level, They join to trade and social interaction is merely a by product.
I find jsp trading leads to bonds like the one you and I share but once those bonds are formed our interaction is then mostly outside jsp on another platform entirely.
Like whens the last time you pm'd me to chat? or you hit up my guild topics etc. You haven't cause there's far better options for interacting with one another (IE discord).
Feel jsp started to/died years ago and this social platform concept was done in part to try and breath new life into the site and shift away from its botting roots.
Jul 11 2020 06:36am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jul 11 2020 05:26am)
Like I said people don't join this site to interact with others on a personal and social level, They join to trade and social interaction is merely a by product.
I find jsp trading leads to bonds like the one you and I share but once those bonds are formed our interaction is then mostly outside jsp on another platform entirely.
Like whens the last time you pm'd me to chat? or you hit up my guild topics etc. You haven't cause there's far better options for interacting with one another (IE discord).
Feel jsp started to/died years ago and this social platform concept was done in part to try and breath new life into the site and shift away from its botting roots.

You are correct in I don't use the pm system or guild topic systems at all for much communication. I also don't use facebook messanger much at all either when I can just call or text whoever. I do think the social platform concept is important to sustain the site long term. I also agree with uprooting from its botting days and enjoy a fair play vibe. So in the beginning social platform was not really a needed part. Diablo 2 is def on it's final stretch unless a remaster actually happens. The in game trade venue is also pretty dead as a whole. Most things are now service rounded. Even on the small side of the scale jsp does and can cater as a form of social platform for gamers.
Gold: 9,205.00
Jul 11 2020 09:37am
No thanks.

If I care about your opinion about me, I'll ask.
Gold: 2,170.00
Jul 11 2020 10:03am
no.
Gold: 0.69
Trader: Trusted
Jul 12 2020 04:15am
Would be full of "vouches" probably.
No thanks. I'm good.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll