d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Bone Spurs > Any Tips?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.20
Jun 27 2020 03:30am
how is rubbing it on the skin going to help a fucknig bone spur though lmao
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 27 2020 09:01pm
DPT student here.

Bone spurs are particularly tricky. Massage/heat/cold may alleviate the pain temporarily however is not a fix.

What you need to do is refrain from physical activity until the the inflammation goes away (may sound like common sense but believe me people don't do this).

If you don't properly take the time to rest it will make things worse.

Edit : read the 2nd half of your post. If it isn't a bone spur it could be an avulsion fracture (it seems to fit what you are describing as pain in your foot - "kills when you walk around") is often a direct result of excessive exercise (most of the people that get this are runners) and if that is the case you may to consult your orthopedic surgeon/podiatrist.

This post was edited by SuperEvil on Jun 27 2020 09:05pm
Gold: 0.46
Jun 29 2020 08:12am
Quote (SuperEvil @ Jun 27 2020 11:01pm)
DPT student here.

Bone spurs are particularly tricky. Massage/heat/cold may alleviate the pain temporarily however is not a fix.

What you need to do is refrain from physical activity until the the inflammation goes away (may sound like common sense but believe me people don't do this).

If you don't properly take the time to rest it will make things worse.

Edit : read the 2nd half of your post. If it isn't a bone spur it could be an avulsion fracture (it seems to fit what you are describing as pain in your foot - "kills when you walk around") is often a direct result of excessive exercise (most of the people that get this are runners) and if that is the case you may to consult your orthopedic surgeon/podiatrist.

Could probably also be just an Achillean Tendinopathy from overuse while your body isn't used to it.
Stop massaging it "a few hours a day", that won't help. Just do it 5 min every 2 days, and stretch your calve for like 2 min a day. Rest for sure. Stop running for now if you haven't.
Gold: 10,749.43
Jun 29 2020 08:29am
Quote (Betrayed @ Jun 29 2020 10:12am)
Could probably also be just an Achillean Tendinopathy from overuse while your body isn't used to it.
Stop massaging it "a few hours a day", that won't help. Just do it 5 min every 2 days, and stretch your calve for like 2 min a day. Rest for sure. Stop running for now if you haven't.

I have stopped running.

I got some new shoes and I can tell a huge difference. Pain is barely noticeable now.
Gold: 500.00
Jun 30 2020 03:12pm
RICE and keep off weight for 2-4 weeks; also try glucosamine and MSM supplementation might help tremendously.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll