d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Candace Owens Take On Floyd.
12332Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.93
Jun 5 2020 09:50pm

Candace owens points out george floyds long criminal history and asks why this man is being lionised as an upstanding citizen.
I actually watched the entire thing and i think she makes some very good points, george floyd didn't need to die that way and it is sad that he did but violent riots over the death of basically a lifetime scumbag seem pointless.
Her take is that people suck in every profession and that doctors kill more people than police but no one riots over that.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jun 5 2020 09:53pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 5 2020 10:00pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 5 2020 11:50pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtPfoEvNJ74
Candace owens points out george floyds long criminal history and asks why this man is being lionised as an upstanding citizen.
I actually watched the entire thing and i think she makes some very good points, george floyd didn't need to die that way and it is sad that he did but violent riots over the death of basically a lifetime scumbag seem pointless.
Her take is that people suck in every profession and that doctors kill more people than police but no one riots over that.

Just imagine white people rioting after some random white felon died by accident.

Its literally insane.
Jun 5 2020 10:00pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 6 2020 02:00pm)
Just imagine white people rioting after some random white felon died by accident.

Its literally insane.

I never dug too far into his criminal history, he held a gun to a pregnant womans belly while his friends robbed her house.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 5 2020 10:05pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 6 2020 12:00am)
I never dug too far into his criminal history, he held a gun to a pregnant womans belly while his friends robbed her house.

Yea, its pretty bad. Although I don't think that past is as important.

Literally on the same day he robbed a convenience store and then he resisted going into a cop car. He literally said "I'm claustrophobic" even though he just got out of his car. He was also saying "I can't breathe" before he was arrested.

He also has a fucking cocktail of death options. It could have been:
-excited delerium from years of drug use
-fentanyl overdose
-COVID complications
-heart disease complications

95% of the protesters are completely clueless and should be ignored as the fools they are.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 5 2020 10:23pm
Gold: 260.11
Jun 5 2020 10:31pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 5 2020 10:50pm)

Sounds like a really dumb take.

The riots aren't over the death of one person, they're over the consistent pattern of abuse and death.
Gold: 633.87
Jun 5 2020 10:33pm
Candace does raise a few good points. The choice of standard bearer (e.g. Michael Brown) has always confused me. With so many cases of systemic abuse, surely there are better candidates we can find?
Gold: 1.66
Jun 5 2020 10:36pm
The fact that some many people, whether it be Candace Owens or posters here in PaRD, think that a criminal record should somehow invalidate the horrific death of another person at the hands of police is simultaneously mind-boggling and unsurprising.
Jun 5 2020 10:37pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 6 2020 02:31pm)
Sounds like a really dumb take.

The riots aren't over the death of one person, they're over the consistent pattern of abuse and death.

I might be being overly logical in this thinking but to me a country of 300,000,000 will ALWAYS have examples of just about anything you can imagine, you have serial killers, mass shooters, arsonist fire fighters and overly violent police.
But am i wrong in thinking that the number of occurrences is not actually that high in relation to the population size?
I mean a cop is EIGHTEEN times more likely to be killed by a black man than to actually kill one.
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jun 6 2020 02:36pm)
The fact that some many people, whether it be Candace Owens or posters here in PaRD, think that a criminal record should somehow invalidate the horrific death of another person at the hands of police is simultaneously mind-boggling and unsurprising.

I wouldn't call it an overly horrific death, i saw a guy get pulled into a combine harvester when i was 12, that was horrific.
I am not saying he deserved to die or that the officers actions were anything but murder, what i am saying is that this man was not an angel, he was a violent scumbag who pulled a gun whenever he needed cash.

You think the PREGNANT BLACK WOMAN he held a gun to (right on her belly) thinks he is some martyr who deserves all this pity?

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jun 5 2020 10:41pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2020 10:39pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 5 2020 10:50pm)

Yeah she makes a great point.

Plus, when you look at the stats of what his death is supposed to represent in regards to police killings of blacks, you realize, like 10-20 unarmed black people are killed by the police a year. And unarmed doesn't mean not justified and not dangerous. Those you'd have to look at on a case by case basis. But there's probably like 2 unjustified shootings.

Small number considering there was 30,000,000+ black people (at the time I read my 2015 study). Actually more police were killed by unarmed individuals than the police killed unarmed individuals based on the study I was reading that used FBI data, CDC mortality rates and Washington Post data statistics. Also, the numbers have gone down since supposedly in regards to # killed by police.

Plus. Compare Floyd's life to David Dorn.
Wheres the celebrities at his funeral? His murals?

77 years old, 30+ years of experience as a police captain - dedicated to trying to swerve youth from participating in crime, black man, shot in the back of the head over a tv while serving his community by trying to protect his friends store from looting. Left to die on Martin Luther King Blvd. His death was streamed live on Facebook.

Sad stuff. Sounds like a man a kid should be role modeling after.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jun 5 2020 10:47pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12332Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll