Gold: 79,366.46
Jun 6 2020 12:13pm
Quote (lll420lll @ Jun 6 2020 02:05pm)
#Nolivesmatter

so edgy
Gold: 3,759.00
Jun 7 2020 11:20am
Quote (Terps @ Jun 5 2020 01:40pm)
My point is, people are always going to disagree with you, and that's okay.

And if you have an unpopular opinion, a lot of people are going to disagree with you, and that's okay.

Conservatives need to learn that having someone disagree with you doesn't mean that you "can't have an opinion"—that's a bitch attitude. They need to toughen up, drop the victim complex, and stand their ground in the national debate.

Or maybe he realized that what he said might not have considered all the perspectives on the issue and he revised his opinion? Just because you say something, doesn't mean you have to go to the grave with it. I agree that people shouldn't just be a bitch when someone disagrees. On the other hand, you should also be willing to change your mind in a debate. There is no point in having a debate if you think everybody should not change their stance at all.
Jun 7 2020 11:31am
Quote (ppkpkppk @ Jun 7 2020 01:20pm)
Or maybe he realized that what he said might not have considered all the perspectives on the issue and he revised his opinion? Just because you say something, doesn't mean you have to go to the grave with it. I agree that people shouldn't just be a bitch when someone disagrees. On the other hand, you should also be willing to change your mind in a debate. There is no point in having a debate if you think everybody should not change their stance at all.

My comment was before he changed his views sincerely, but agreed: changing your mind for the better after gathering more information and perspective should be celebrated and not ridiculed.
Gold: 43.99
Jun 8 2020 05:32am
Gold: 0.07
Warn: 20%
Jun 8 2020 05:45am
Quote (Terps @ Jun 6 2020 02:13pm)
so edgy

Nah but fuck did I have a crazy ass night.
Gold: 23.00
Jun 8 2020 09:04am
Quote (Terps @ Jun 4 2020 09:39pm)
People responded to what Brees said. It's part of having a discussion, a dialogue.

The problem with conservatives is they can't handle it when someone disagrees with them. They want to say something, and then when people disagree, rather than have a dialogue, they play the victim card of "I guess you can't have an opinion these days" or some such (basically the attitude reflected in these posts). That's not how you have a discussion though. Whether you like it or not, people have the right to respond, even if they disagree. That's the two-way street that is freedom of speech.

Brees should have doubled-down on what he had to say, continuing the dialogue. I would have respected him more for staying true to his own opinion. Instead, he walked it back like a pussy just because people disagreed with him.

I hope Jake Fromm sticks to his guns (pun intended) in light of his recently uncovered text messages. (he already made an insincere apology, which I guess is almost as good).

Liberals do the same exact thing lol.
Jun 8 2020 11:53am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 8 2020 11:04am)
Liberals do the same exact thing lol.

The "victim of an unpopular opinion" card isn't really one liberals play. It wouldn't even make sense, considering they tend to have the more popular, mainstream opinion on social issues. It's the unpopular opinion that uses the "well I guess you can't have an opinion anymore" excuse, as demonstrated earlier in this thread. It's an uphill battle to argue against racial equality, which is why it's easier to just lament changing times with the old "I can't have an opinion" excuse, abstain from discussion, and avoid all the backlash.

If you want to take the worst of liberalism, I'd say it's the other extreme: the SJWs drown out all discussion by being too loud and assertive. You won't see a SJW giving a passive, mealy-mouthed "well I guess you can't have an opinion these days" excuse. Instead, they'll be so loud and obnoxious about their opinion that no one else can get a word in.

Either way, both tactics are bad for promoting discussion. The first one abstains from discussion, while the second one drowns it out.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2020 11:59am
Quote (Terps @ Jun 8 2020 09:53am)
The "victim of an unpopular opinion" card isn't really one liberals play. It wouldn't even make sense, considering they tend to have the more popular, mainstream opinion on social issues. It's the unpopular opinion that uses the "well I guess you can't have an opinion anymore" excuse, as demonstrated earlier in this thread. It's an uphill battle to argue against racial equality, which is why it's easier to just lament changing times with the old "I can't have an opinion" excuse, abstain from discussion, and avoid all the backlash.

If you want to take the worst of liberalism, I'd say it's the other extreme: the SJWs drown out all discussion by being too loud and assertive. You won't see a SJW giving a passive, mealy-mouthed "well I guess you can't have an opinion these days" excuse. Instead, they'll be so loud and obnoxious about their opinion that no one else can get a word in.

Either way, both tactics are bad for promoting discussion. The first one abstains from discussion, while the second one drowns it out.

just like when my dude first got elected, BOTH SIDES ARE WRONG!

but this is the worst ive ever seen the Libs ><

Biden sucks.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll