d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Blocking Negative Basement Dwellers > Topic
Closed New Topic
Gold: 118.00
May 30 2020 04:43pm
can someone tell me how to block negative people who does not have a life but just in your post just to hate
Retired Moderator
Gold: 187,800.41
Trader: Trusted
May 30 2020 04:47pm
You cannot block users to post in your topics, you can just block them to PM you.
If you find a user spamming your topic, just use the report button, do not answer it and move on. If a user keeps spamming your topics, just collect all the links and send them to the proper d2jsp staff (if it's for example the Trading Grounds, just collect all of them and PM a Trade Moderator)

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other question about this! ^_^
Gold: 118.00
May 30 2020 04:56pm
Quote (Ricci @ May 30 2020 06:47pm)
You cannot block users to post in your topics, you can just block them to PM you.
If you find a user spamming your topic, just use the report button, do not answer it and move on. If a user keeps spamming your topics, just collect all the links and send them to the proper d2jsp staff (if it's for example the Trading Grounds, just collect all of them and PM a Trade Moderator)

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other question about this! ^_^

makes so much sense ill make sure to do exactly that thank you very much ricci
Gold: 2,170.00
May 30 2020 04:59pm
See my signature.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 31 2020 10:38pm
Quote (Ricci @ May 30 2020 06:47pm)

This is 100% spot on the right way to do it
Gold: 1,202.66
Warn: 10%
May 31 2020 11:12pm
Wouldn't an ignore option be better tho? Most forum platforms provide this option for users, hiding complete posts and private messages of course. Why even have to go through the process of reporting, waiting, and if I'm the accused getting a some form of punishment that ain't going to do much half the time, when all users could do is choose to ignore by name or id. Why call the police for words you could ignore? Eye of the beholder I guess.

Personally, I love the PM ignore. It should be available site wide.

This post was edited by kaspir on May 31 2020 11:13pm
Gold: 49,137.85
Trader: Trusted
May 31 2020 11:30pm
Quote (kaspir @ Jun 1 2020 05:12pm)
Wouldn't an ignore option be better tho? Most forum platforms provide this option for users, hiding complete posts and private messages of course. Why even have to go through the process of reporting, waiting, and if I'm the accused getting a some form of punishment that ain't going to do much half the time, when all users could do is choose to ignore by name or id. Why call the police for words you could ignore? Eye of the beholder I guess.

Personally, I love the PM ignore. It should be available site wide.

Quoting the big man himself Upgrade For Blocking Of Members

This will not happen. Public topics are public to all users in good standing within the rules of that particular forum. If a user posts a violation, use the Report Post link and a staff member will take the appropriate action. Thanks

The staff are pretty gosh darn cool and helpful. If you guys n gals ever have trouble with a user - don't think twice about PM'ing one of them and discussing it. Sometimes a good discussion with them can bring a bit of understanding and you can then move on pretty quickly back into enjoying the forums :)

This post was edited by Shannon on May 31 2020 11:31pm
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Closed New Topic