d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Minneapolis Cops
Prev1234326Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,376.70
May 26 2020 10:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 26 2020 09:46am)
from a legal standpoint nothing short of drawing a deadly weapon or reaching for a deadly weapon.

cops hold people down like that, that are physically resisting, because they're lazy, or to intimidate the person into holding dead still even though it's not required.

the only reason to do this, that is completely stop any movement by a perp, is if a deadly weapon is in play. otherwise, its just thugery from shitty cops. if you lay down completely peacefully, but then a cop climbs on your back and pinches your legs down if you squirm involuntarily it's "resisting arrest". much like disorderly conduct it's a poorly defined band aid for justifying damage to people being arrested or to run up charges.

Aye, that's how this one appears as though it'll play out.

Kind of disturbing though. If body cam footage shows that he wasn't reaching for a weapon, and if that fox local story is correct that Santara posted, why are the officers on administrative leave with pay?

Be interesting to see what's on the body cam footage. Seems there's a scheduled protest. But I mean, if the body cam footage confirms police brutality, instantly firing the officers, and arresting the one for murder, and the others as accessories would pretty much eliminate the need for a protest.

I don't know. It doesn't make sense how it's being handled, right this moment.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 26 2020 10:54am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 26 2020 11:52am)
Aye, that's how this one appears as though it'll play out.

Kind of disturbing though. If body cam footage shows that he wasn't reaching for a weapon, and if that fox local story is correct that Santara posted, why are the officers on administrative leave with pay?

Be interesting to see what's on the body cam footage. Seems there's a scheduled protest. But I mean, if the body cam footage confirms police brutality, instantly firing the officers, and arresting the one for murder, and the others as accessories would pretty much eliminate the need for a protest.

I don't know. It doesn't make sense how it's being handled, right this moment.

administrative leave with pay is standard operating procedure while an incident is being investigate. on that same note the info we've gotten thusfar from MPD isn't required by law, its at their behest to try and satiate the media. otherwise we'd have just a video and they'd run even more wild with speculation.

even cops who shoot someone in cold blood get administrative leave. and even though this killing is 100% unjustified, imo, they will not get charged. the best we can hope for is a firing or transfer to desk duty.
Gold: 285.00
May 26 2020 11:01am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 26 2020 12:54pm)
administrative leave with pay is standard operating procedure while an incident is being investigate. on that same note the info we've gotten thusfar from MPD isn't required by law, its at their behest to try and satiate the media. otherwise we'd have just a video and they'd run even more wild with speculation.

even cops who shoot someone in cold blood get administrative leave. and even though this killing is 100% unjustified, imo, they will not get charged. the best we can hope for is a firing or transfer to desk duty.

He can go be a cop elsewhere. Like the catholic church and their pedos. They will be their own law and we don't get to judge them. They have their own jury of peers.
May 26 2020 11:05am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 26 2020 09:54am)
and even though this killing is 100% unjustified, imo, they will not get charged. the best we can hope for is a firing or transfer to desk duty.

Not being privy to the last details of evidence (body cam footage), I'll stick with 97% right this moment. However, we likely agree that it was unjustified, pending the remainder of the facts.

That being said, if no charges are brought, that's a huge concern. The man's dead. The absolute maximum fine for forgery (including C-Notes) is like $10,000 fine and 10 years in jail. This isn't even shaping up to be a violent crime based on the little we know.

I'm a huge proponent of Police Brutality being Brutally punished. They have a position of extreme authority as enforcement officers. Therefore they should suffer extreme consequences when they commit murder.

*shrug*

Quote (Skinned @ May 26 2020 10:01am)
He can go be a cop elsewhere. Like the catholic church and their pedos. They will be their own law and we don't get to judge them. They have their own jury of peers.

One can only hope that shithead officers are as exceedingly rare among the nation's law enforcement agencies as pedos are among the priesthood. There around twice as many cops (~800,000) in the US as there are catholic priests (~400,000), and there have been some 382 priests with claims made against them. Less than 1 bad cop per thousand? That'd be 100 times better than how they've been portrayed in recent years.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on May 26 2020 11:12am
Gold: 8,933.00
May 26 2020 11:09am
Philando Castile
Jamar Clark
Justine Damond
May 26 2020 11:19am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ May 26 2020 12:05pm)
Not being privy to the last details of evidence (body cam footage), I'll stick with 97% right this moment. However, we likely agree that it was unjustified, pending the remainder of the facts.

That being said, if no charges are brought, that's a huge concern. The man's dead. The absolute maximum fine for forgery (including C-Notes) is like $10,000 fine and 10 years in jail. This isn't even shaping up to be a violent crime based on the little we know.

I'm a huge proponent of Police Brutality being Brutally punished. They have a position of extreme authority as enforcement officers. Therefore they should suffer extreme consequences when they commit murder.

*shrug*

One can only hope that shithead officers are as exceedingly rare among the nation's law enforcement agencies as pedos are among the priesthood. There around twice as many cops (~800,000) in the US as there are catholic priests (~400,000), and there have been some 382 priests with claims made against them. Less than 1 bad cop per thousand? That'd be 100 times better than how they've been portrayed in recent years.

the point of my first post was there is 1 and only 1 reason to EVER put a knee on someone's neck. that is if they are holding a gun in their hand or reaching for one in their belt. short of those facts coming out, and going entirely against what the PD has said happened, this should be manslaughter charges for the piggy.
Gold: 22,189.49
May 26 2020 11:27am
Quote (Santara @ May 26 2020 12:09pm)
Philando Castile
Jamar Clark
Justine Damond

Philando Castile was an innocent man shot by a trigger happy cop who ignored every bit of rationality and assumed he was a threat because he was black.
Jamar Clark actually was a threat, a lunatic on a rampage against his ex who struggled with cops trying to handcuff him and tried to grab a cop's gun
Justine Damond was a good samaritan who was murdered for no reason by a completely incompetent and unstable officer who had no business wielding a gun

We don't have the full details here and maybe we'll get some more facts in coming days, but I think the video makes it abundantly clear this guy was murdered by a cop using an illegal hold, one definitely not part of the police training or approved use of force. And no matter how much he struggles or resisted arrest in the minutes preceding the video, there's no excuse for failing to administer first aid when the guy was clearly in a medical episode, and continue to hold him even after he's obviously dying and even after he's dead. Its one on the few cases I've seen where cops are in a non-split second decision against someone who is already subdued and their excessive force kills him over 10 minutes of bad decision making. Like most stories in life, it doesn't fit neatly into some existing precedent. It wasn't a cop being jumpy or claiming he was spooked by a sound, there were no weapons of any kind involved on any side and the guy wasn't actively struggling with them as he lay dying. I'd leave it up to the state to sort out what degree of murder or criminally negligent homicide or whatever is appropriate, but my more immediate concern would be how the backlash could escalate from here before any legal recourse is given time.
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2020 11:28am
Quote (thesnipa @ 26 May 2020 18:19)
the point of my first post was there is 1 and only 1 reason to EVER put a knee on someone's neck. that is if they are holding a gun in their hand or reaching for one in their belt. short of those facts coming out, and going entirely against what the PD has said happened, this should be manslaughter charges for the piggy.

He was handcuffed at the time. The animal knelt on his neck for 8 minutes.

It was murder. Fuck the police.
May 26 2020 11:33am
Quote (MxVivianWulf @ May 26 2020 12:28pm)
He was handcuffed at the time. The animal knelt on his neck for 8 minutes.

It was murder. Fuck the police.

and justification for the rough treatment seems to be he wouldn't comply and get in the cop car. so they put a knee on his neck, because that makes total sense....
May 26 2020 11:36am
Quote (Goomshill @ May 26 2020 10:27am)
I'd leave it up to the state to sort out what degree of murder or criminally negligent homicide or whatever is appropriate, but my more immediate concern would be how the backlash could escalate from here before any legal recourse is given time.

This is what concerns me. Between the information from that local fox article, from the PD themselves, and from that video, we appear to have most of what we need evidence-wise to make what appears to be a relatively accurate assumption. So if body cams collaborate that this was ANY degree of murder, why risk a riot by not stripping the officers involved of position and arresting them pending trial?

Remove the badge, forget skin colors, and simply change this to: Aspen and Goom get into a tussle. Goom puts Aspen into a chokehold that results in Aspen's death. Regardless of intent or reason, will or will not Goom be arrested and held pending trial?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234326Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll