d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 10k Fantasy Football > League Espn
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2020 12:18pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ May 25 2020 10:54am)
I think we have enough non scrubs on here to make it work :O would need to be very selective...

Guy at my work has a keeper league he has been playing in for over 20 years. 14 man.

Of course lots of close friends and personal relationships but hasn't been without issues... guys late w payments or going over salary cap (it was a pen and paper operation for a long time.) Good friend of his just didn't pay the fee and they had to boot him half way thru season. He had lost his job and family was heavy into the bottle so... shit happens and will happen. That's a garauntee but as long as we have the right people to start with I think it's possible to minimize.

I would garauntee my buy in for the future years
GSY we could count on
Prone if you were to include yourself that's 1/4 of the roster.

If OP Chris is in that's 1/3 of the roster. :O

Esp w the technology now we could all get wasted together over web conferencing and do our draft together annually. :thumbsup:

The buddy I work with has a pretty intense salary cap system with 3 year contracts and escalating salaries at resigning. Idk if we could get something that like that going but it sounds seriously fun.

:lol: is that the deal we all have to get drunk before draft lol
Gold: 10.55
May 25 2020 12:19pm
Quote (Prone @ May 25 2020 11:06am)
I would love to do a keeper on jsp, but I am confident that in just the 2nd year it will get fked, especially with a 10k+ buyin

If you really wanna do it, we can always round up some guys and do it just for bragging rights. Theres no harm in it, and no loss if it gets a fucked (though the individual(s) who ruin it will be forever ridiculed)
Gold: 1,392.04
May 25 2020 12:23pm
Quote (Queefy @ May 25 2020 02:19pm)
If you really wanna do it, we can always round up some guys and do it just for bragging rights. Theres no harm in it, and no loss if it gets a fucked (though the individual(s) who ruin it will be forever ridiculed)

Need a prize worth playing for ;)
Gold: 96,792.12
May 25 2020 12:24pm
What about 5k league.. but 10k buy in

And each consecutive year you put in another 5k.

If you drop your team or quit you lose the 5k towards the next year. You can however get your deposit back if you sell your spot, somebody else buys in and the 5k deposit is refunded.

The down side is it leaves 60k fg that's dormant in perpetuity. But it does ensure security for the league.

If somebody can recoup 5k from their spot they are more likely to take the effort to replace themselves.

The scenario that immediately jumps to mind for me is this.. deadline passes for the 5k fee for the following year and a player wants to just play out the next year on their 5k that's already been paid. IMO that shouldn't be allowed because it undermines the leverage of holding a deposit.

I think we would need to structure some kind of agreement for the buy in to be a non refundable deposit unless you are able to sell your spot in the league. The price needs to be fixed and only once somebody else has bought in for 10k (1 year fee + following year deposit.) Is the 5k deposit refunded to the original member who wants out.

If they decide to not buy in again the following year and do not take measures to replace themselves they sacrifice their spot in the league and their deposit. That needs to be unequivocally understood before joining.
May 25 2020 12:24pm
Quote (Prone @ May 25 2020 11:23am)
Need a prize worth playing for ;)

haha yeah i feel it ;)
Gold: 96,792.12
May 25 2020 12:25pm
Quote (chrisdabomb @ May 25 2020 11:18am)
:lol: is that the deal we all have to get drunk before draft lol

I'll be taking "vodka" shots ;)
May 25 2020 12:28pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ May 25 2020 11:24am)

If you drop your team or quit you lose the 5k towards the next year. You can however get your deposit back if you sell your spot, somebody else buys in and the 5k deposit is refunded.

The down side is it leaves 60k fg that's dormant in perpetuity. But it does ensure security for the league.

If somebody can recoup 5k from their spot they are more likely to take the effort to replace themselves.

The scenario that immediately jumps to mind for me is this.. deadline passes for the 5k fee for the following year and a player wants to just play out the next year on their 5k that's already been paid. IMO that shouldn't be allowed because it undermines the leverage of holding a deposit.

I think we would need to structure some kind of agreement for the buy in to be a non refundable deposit unless you are able to sell your spot in the league. The price needs to be fixed and only once somebody else has bought in for 10k (1 year fee + following year deposit.) Is the 5k deposit refunded to the original member who wants out.

If they decide to not buy in again the following year and do not take measures to replace themselves they sacrifice their spot in the league and their deposit. That needs to be unequivocally understood before joining.

I like this idea.
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2020 12:58pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ May 25 2020 11:25am)

oh for sure I cant do dark liquor anymore now that im older it gives you the worse hangovers
Gold: 1,392.04
May 25 2020 01:05pm
Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ May 25 2020 02:25pm)

I'll drink to that

Quote (ZeaLORDeaL @ May 25 2020 02:24pm)

It could work, but in a forum that doesn't have a ton of fg anymore, locking up 50k+ for over a year repeatedly can get difficult.
Host it, would get a guaranteed 2 years out of it :thumbsup:
It's only May though so don't rush things
People like doing multiple fantasy leagues, especially if they're affordable
I'll host the normal 10k+ yearly league, thread will be up mid-late June probably
Gold: 707.13
May 25 2020 08:12pm
Quote (Prone @ May 25 2020 11:06am)
I would love to do a keeper on jsp, but I am confident that in just the 2nd year it will get fked, especially with a 10k+ buyin

Agreed

Ive been in a keeper for 8 years but all close friends
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll