d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Brand New To Poe
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.90
May 12 2020 12:32pm
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

Have fun.

Lots of good video guides on that channel for people just picking up Path of Exile.
Gold: 61,337.00
Warn: 10%
May 12 2020 02:25pm
This guy makes kind of most in depth guides i saw so far and has a voice not that annoying as some of these reallife-fails ( some of these streamers )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPRkJxkSLUgHbL7hWxmr7_Q/videos

gl, as mentioned at start, poe is really deep, you can put month in it to work through all the content and options

and, yes -> donĀ“t think about crafting, yet, it opens new doors, but its also a "noob trap", if you do not know how to do it and what to target for -> learn basics first

Quote (VxoRep @ May 12 2020 08:32pm)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

Have fun.

Lots of good video guides on that channel for people just picking up Path of Exile.

and this, EE has some really good stuff worth watching, especially for starters

This post was edited by 0x00 on May 12 2020 02:26pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 5,552.00
Trader: Trusted
May 12 2020 03:09pm
Quote (HWNC @ 11 May 2020 12:10)
furthest i've got so far is helping alira in a2 - just curious on a few things
found a whirlwind-esque duelist build i'll stick with so i can learn other aspects of the game afterwards (and just have something relatively simple to follow in the meantime)

1: best resources to learn about the game, mechanics, gems etc quickly?
2: are uniques better than rares or is it kinda just whatever item best fits your build?
3: is crafting much of a thing / fairly important?
4: a list of terminology (can prob find this on my own, but most important terms)
5: things 100% not to do as a new player, that prevents me from fucking up my character later
6: things i need to do early on to make my grind a little easier
7: general newbie tips

any pointers are appreciated, game's a little more diff from diablo series than i anticipated, especially the "no going back if you fucked up too much" skill tree thing.

You will fuck up youre first char like every body else :) But with some in game currency you can restore it. So fuck it up as much as you like :wacko:
And the developers main site, path of exile wiki and youtube/google are youre best friends.

Edit: and not to forget the poe trade site. Just google and you will find it all.

This post was edited by caitlin on May 12 2020 03:11pm
Gold: 0.00
May 12 2020 04:40pm
I personally followed enkis arc witch guide on the forums

It is very very detailed, and tells you step by step on how to progress through the acts, even which gems to pick for quest rewards

My first league, i probably spent 2x more time reading up on the game then actually playing it
Gold: 0.70
May 12 2020 05:48pm
Quote (caitlin @ May 12 2020 02:09pm)
You will fuck up youre first char like every body else :) But with some in game currency you can restore it. So fuck it up as much as you like :wacko:
And the developers main site, path of exile wiki and youtube/google are youre best friends.

Edit: and not to forget the poe trade site. Just google and you will find it all.

so far first character isn't messed up - i hit a passive in the tree just for a stat check but can always undo that later
i'm like lvl 57 or 58 and at the start of a7 - caught up with where my friend is at. found a vaal ancestral warchief, that gem is nuts
for a 6l instead of weapon i have a tabula rasa which i'm using for my cyclone + 5 supporting gems, so far literally everything is a breeze

@everyone, thanks for the help and links etc, i'll have to touch up on those while i'm not playing

This post was edited by HWNC on May 12 2020 05:48pm
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll