d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > 1.07 Rack Question
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50.09
May 1 2020 11:53am
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I'm looking for some clarification on rack running in 1.07.
Am I correct in thinking that if an item is dropping from a rack, i.e. sharkskin boots -- this does have a chance to drop as Waterwalks, regardless of any other factors?
Or are there more factors to take into account to ensure the unique can drop, i.e. area level or whatever.
Cheers!

P.S. Apologies if this is the wrong subforum for this question! Wasn't sure where to post it.

This post was edited by ewan25 on May 1 2020 11:54am
Gold: 20.00
May 1 2020 11:59am
107 is like the worst patch to try to mf in lol
Racks can drop unique but chances suck
It just needs area level higher than unique. But I dunno who has 107 a lvls posted at this point haha
May 1 2020 12:06pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ May 1 2020 06:59pm)
It just needs area level higher than unique.

Ahh okay. So given that lower kurast in nightmare has Alvl 55 and Waterwalks are Ilvl40 they have a definite chance to drop? (however small that may be)

Thanks for the timely response!
Cheers
Gold: 51,207.64
Trader: Trusted
May 2 2020 07:27am
depends what patch of 1.07

as i remember, 1.07 couldnt drop elite bases from monsters, it was a bug, so people mfed these items from chests, running act 3

also, there is a thing, that i cant really remember to what version it applied, im pretty sure its in 1.07

the path you walk from wp to the rack, would generate the item base drop

it was pretty easy to do.

take wp to kurast for example, go straight to the rack you farmin- it would always drop same base item
take wp, turn left(or any direction) and go to the rack, base would change, find the path for the item you seek to mf, and repeat that path in new game each time

this way people would farm specific items

do a quick test, run same rack with same path see if it drops the same base, if it does, good luck :)

pretty sure i did this on single player like year ago, dropping white shakos from same rack, didnt have luck tho ^

This post was edited by BigBalaBoom on May 2 2020 07:29am
May 2 2020 06:14pm
Quote (BigBalaBoom @ May 2 2020 02:27pm)
depends what patch of 1.07

as i remember, 1.07 couldnt drop elite bases from monsters, it was a bug, so people mfed these items from chests, running act 3

also, there is a thing, that i cant really remember to what version it applied, im pretty sure its in 1.07

the path you walk from wp to the rack, would generate the item base drop

it was pretty easy to do.

take wp to kurast for example, go straight to the rack you farmin- it would always drop same base item
take wp, turn left(or any direction) and go to the rack, base would change, find the path for the item you seek to mf, and repeat that path in new game each time

this way people would farm specific items

do a quick test, run same rack with same path see if it drops the same base, if it does, good luck :)

pretty sure i did this on single player like year ago, dropping white shakos from same rack, didnt have luck tho ^

Hey, thanks for the response! Aye I managed to get a consistent drop on items with taking the same paths throughout the zones, so thats great.
The main thing was just curious if as long as the item could drop, it could also drop unique. Seems to be the case that if the Alvl > Ilvl of unique it will drop (eventually) as had a couple of uniques so far!
And yeah from what I've read anything above TC65 can't drop from monsters at all so past a certain point they're absolutely useless!
Cheers again mate!

Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll