d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Help My Code Plz
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 99.00
Apr 11 2020 11:25am
Quote (Elldorin @ Apr 11 2020 05:49am)
Don't let them discourage you mate. If you find Java daunting, try out Python. I started with Python to learn the basics. It's less verbose and more "natural" or "English" like and more suitable for little scripts like this.
Honestly it's a big mistake to listen to people on the internet. One of my teachers at uni was researching computer science teaching methods. The biggest issue is that people that know how to code see certain things as obvious, while beginners struggle. That's why some people on the internet will tell you that something is obvious, while it might not be the case for a beginner.

Yeah that's very true!! But i actually like java.... as for learning another language, probably wont be for a few years atleast
Gold: 1,772.00
Apr 11 2020 11:38am
Quote (ferf @ 11 Apr 2020 18:25)
Yeah that's very true!! But i actually like java.... as for learning another language, probably wont be for a few years atleast

Languages are tools. A much more valuable experience is learning the concepts and paradigms, and the way to think like a programmer. Picking up a new syntax is trivial later on.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2020 12:48pm
Quote (Elldorin @ Apr 11 2020 07:38pm)
Languages are tools. A much more valuable experience is learning the concepts and paradigms, and the way to think like a programmer. Picking up a new syntax is trivial later on.

This is very true, and since you seem to be struggling with trivial stuff - i see from many of your previous topics that many of your errors are related to syntax, not reading the docs or you not reading your code properly (maybe copy pasting stuff from the net?), you should go for a less verbose language, just for a few weeks. this will allow you to not waste so much time and not learning much from it..

You should also try going for a real project, even a very small one. Do it yourself, from scratch and don't ask for help when you are stuck (although stackoverflow is your best friend)
Just my 2 cents, happy coding!
Gold: 0.00
Apr 12 2020 02:41am
Quote (MonsieurPorc @ Apr 11 2020 11:48am)
This is very true, and since you seem to be struggling with trivial stuff - i see from many of your previous topics that many of your errors are related to syntax, not reading the docs or you not reading your code properly (maybe copy pasting stuff from the net?), you should go for a less verbose language, just for a few weeks. this will allow you to not waste so much time and not learning much from it..

You should also try going for a real project, even a very small one.Do it yourself, from scratch and don't ask for help when you are stuck(although stackoverflow is your best friend)
Just my 2 cents, happy coding!

I wouldn't consider searching stack overflow asking for help. It's more or less a tool almost every swe uses. But nonetheless I agree with your entire statement.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll