d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Regarding The Recent D2 Hacking Wave
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 501.46
Mar 29 2020 09:19pm
Mods: please move this to the appropriate forum instead of closing it. This may help people.

Copy + Pasted from a different website:
"
There are two methods that the hacker(s) (there are apparently more than one) are using to get people's accounts. One of them has already been detailed here and involves CD Keys. The other is that the hacker(s) have gained access to a hacked Blizzard database where passwords were stored. This database is old, but it has your old acc/pw info.

Here's the takeaway:

1) 2 Factor Authenticate your bnet account. It's easy and only takes a minute to download/set up. Don't reveal your CD key to anyone.
2) Change your password, especially if you have had the same one for a long time (years). Make it different from any other one you use for any other account (jsp, XX, etc). Password length is more important than complexity in regards to safety.

Thanks to everyone who endured my endless questions via pms and discord (you know who you are). Hopefully we'll see a decrease in hacked accounts starting from today.
"

/edit: removed name of website.

This post was edited by Taylor_Swift on Mar 29 2020 09:20pm
Gold: 1,211.01
Mar 30 2020 12:24am
There’s a guy hacking B.net server to DDOS me directly through the game’s ports.. and he knows my cd keys somehow despite never telling any1.
I don’t think its something you can prevent once targetted

This post was edited by KRR on Mar 30 2020 12:30am
Mar 30 2020 06:42am
Quote (KRR @ 30 Mar 2020 06:24)
There’s a guy hacking B.net server to DDOS me directly through the game’s ports.. and he knows my cd keys somehow despite never telling any1.
I don’t think its something you can prevent once targetted

I sent you a pm.

As far as knowing your CD keys goes, he most likely accessed this through logging into your bnet account.

Here's a Forbes article describing the 2012 Blizzard data breach:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/09/its-official-blizzard-hacked-account-information-stolen/

I've heard that Blizzard has since then stopped reporting it's more recent data breaches (have not seen evidence or confirmed this myself but if true it would be illegal).

Gold: 0.01
Warn: 10%
Mar 30 2020 07:06am
Thank you for sharing that information!
Gold: Locked
Mar 30 2020 07:07am
rip ukon
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 30 2020 07:13am
Three or so ladders ago, someone stole one of of my accounts which had characters that had French names.
They then joined games with my characters and boasted about doing this.

Diablo 2 is definitely not immune to black hat wearin' hackers.
I thought that I would get mad after losing that account, but I did what a famous Pop star suggested...

I shook it off. :hug:
Mar 30 2020 07:56am
It's come to my attention that the database that links Diablo 2 accounts with the CD Key they were created with may have also been compromised by hackers. If this is true, they may not even need your battle.net login/pw. They can simply call blizzard and reset your account info.

Here are the updated Recommendations:

1) 2 Factor Authenticate your bnet account. It's easy and only takes a minute to download/set up. Don't reveal your CD key to anyone. Change your secret question/answer. Change your bnet account password.
2) Change your diablo 2 password, especially if you have had the same one for a long time (years). Make it different from any other one you use for any other account (jsp, XX, etc). Password length is more important than complexity in regards to safety.
3) Try to minimize publicizing your Diablo 2 in game identities. When trading on jsp/gd, use a mule account with no valuable items. If possible, move your existing high value items to an account not known to the public.

This post was edited by Taylor_Swift on Mar 30 2020 07:59am
Mar 30 2020 09:06am
Updated Again:

Recommended Actions:

1) 2 Factor Authenticate your bnet account. It's easy and only takes a minute to download/set up. Don't reveal your CD key to anyone. Change your secret question/answer. Change your bnet account password.
2) Change your diablo 2 password, especially if you have had the same one for a long time (years). Make it different from any other one you use for any other account (jsp, gd, etc). Password length is more important than complexity in regards to safety.
3) Try to minimize publicizing your Diablo 2 in game identities. When trading on jsp/gd, use a mule account with no valuable items. Move your existing high value items to a mule account not known to the public and that you do not duel on. Refrain from showing high value items to strangers in game.
4) If you were hacked, buy a new CD key pair from Blizzard and create a new bnet account with 2 Factor Authentication. Make your new D2 accounts using this new CD key.
Gold: 0.02
Warn: 80%
Mar 30 2020 11:20am
have you already reported this to blizzard?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Mar 30 2020 12:49pm
Quote (Taylor_Swift @ 30 Mar 2020 05:19)
Mods: please move this to the appropriate forum instead of closing it. This may help people.

Copy + Pasted from a different website:
"
There are two methods that the hacker(s) (there are apparently more than one) are using to get people's accounts. One of them has already been detailed here and involves CD Keys. The other is that the hacker(s) have gained access to a hacked Blizzard database where passwords were stored. This database is old, but it has your old acc/pw info.

Here's the takeaway:

1) 2 Factor Authenticate your bnet account. It's easy and only takes a minute to download/set up. Don't reveal your CD key to anyone.
2) Change your password, especially if you have had the same one for a long time (years). Make it different from any other one you use for any other account (jsp, XX, etc). Password length is more important than complexity in regards to safety.

Thanks to everyone who endured my endless questions via pms and discord (you know who you are). Hopefully we'll see a decrease in hacked accounts starting from today.
"

/edit: removed name of website.

written by trump
good story great one . nr 1 story of all time . it is fantastic
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll