d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Need Help Asap.
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2020 09:45am
Quote (Applecrack @ Mar 18 2020 03:40pm)
The Sabertooth 990FXA or Gigabyte 990FXA are both good boards but lets try fixing yours first. Both these steps are fairly easy.

/e make sure the computer is unplugged before you do any of this and plug it back in before you jump the power pins

Now checking the front panel is easy my man
I'll help.
I also want you to replace the 3volt coin battery while we are at it.
Im assuming you know how to set a computer on its side and open the side panel. If not this might not be worthwhile.

https://i.imgur.com/JvViF7q.jpg

Pull the 3V Bios Battery out by pulling on the tab next to the battery where the arrow is pointing around. A toothpick works. The battery should pop up a little bit so you can pull it out.
You want to put the new one face up plus side.

Then you want to pull out all the small connectors labeled on the Front Panel Con

After you've replaced the battery and removed the FPC then jump the power pins with a screw driver.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/X0ZmiU8bKt8/maxresdefault.jpg

You might have to jump between each pin because some boards can do them a little different.
Nothing after that points to a faulty trace meaning the board is bad.

Again if you dont really wanna do any of this i recommended a couple boards.

What do you mean jump the pins? Do I turn it on with a screwdriver on top of those connectors?
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 19 2020 10:00am
Quote (Defilement @ Mar 19 2020 11:45am)
What do you mean jump the pins? Do I turn it on with a screwdriver on top of those connectors?

Yes. A screwdriver is generally metal. When you "short" the power switch pins together, it's like you pushed the power button on the front of the case.

/e You should only have to hold the screwdriver on those pins for a second or two to "start" the computer.

This post was edited by Ghot on Mar 19 2020 10:04am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 19 2020 02:19pm
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 19 2020 10:00am)
Yes. A screwdriver is generally metal. When you "short" the power switch pins together, it's like you pushed the power button on the front of the case.

/e You should only have to hold the screwdriver on those pins for a second or two to "start" the computer.

K I did that, still no power to
Monitor keyboard mouse doing it that way.
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 19 2020 02:32pm
Quote (Defilement @ Mar 19 2020 04:19pm)
K I did that, still no power to
Monitor keyboard mouse doing it that way.

If you haven't replaced the CMOS battery yet, you should try that next.

The battery is CR 2032. It's available in drug stores and stores like Best Buy and Walmart... etc.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll