d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Coronavirus And The Inevitable > End Of The Season
Prev1137138139140141157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 8 2020 08:41pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 8 2020 07:28pm)
is that good or bad? like i said i dont follow this shit :D
aurora seems like a company thats really invested into the whole cannabis distribution though they got everything from rolling trays to disposable vapes to bud lol

whatever u do dont buy into the company that is or owns "the green organic dutchman" the weed is below average and mad overpriced
i was reading up on the company apparently they already had to have one bailout from bankruptcy and seems they didnt learn or their growers just suck ass lmao

That was a stock that was close to $10 a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. Now it is a penny stock worth less than a dollar unless something significant has happened recently.

Funny how you say it is terrible quality and overpriced. Seems to be a theme in the sector lol. Stuff on the street is far cheaper and often of better quality.
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 8 2020 08:45pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Jun 8 2020 10:19pm)
Depends on when you bought.

If you bought before spring 2019 and sold before the crash that happened shortly after you would be alright.

Those who bought in 2015/2016 and sold a few years later made a killing. I am being very general in broad terms of how pot stocks are doing. There is outliers.

For me I bought into Aurora Canabis at $7 a share. Worst mistake I ever made investing.

Down a lot of money now. Worst $1000 I have ever spent. Two lessons learned from that:

Look at the numbers more closely. I invested based on emotion instead of looking at raw numbers. Anyone with half a brain could see how overvalued the sector was at the time. Numbers matter. Prices were driven up by emotional investors like me who wanted

to see the industry do well despite knowing they were buying an overvalued stock. Also when signs were obvious to sell I stubbornly held on. Learned to cut my losses and have not made the same mistake since.

I am also avoiding anything heavily regulated by government. They managed to make the legal sale of marijuana unprofitable.... Imagine that. What a complete botch. I won't go near anything they are so closely involved in again.

/e the share price appears to be very high right now but that is due to a consolidation of shares after an acquisition. The shares were split at a 12 to 1 ratio, so in reality a stock I bought for $7 a share is worth about $1.75 a share. I got the absolute shit kicked out of me on that one lol.

damn that sucks dude

do you guys know what company or do these have their own stocks? im kinda curious on how they are doing "broken coast" "flowr" "san rafael" they seem to be pretty high priced but actually primo bud thats generally liked by the public from what ive seen
and thats crazy that aurara isnt profitable they have all kinds of shit maybe thats the problem they invested so much into having everything and not everything makes big profits

and it sucks to say the standards for govt weed should honestly be set higher i bought some weed that was like almost 2 years old and all the trichomes were like 80% amber
i really feel like the cannabis sector can still be improved by a good margin you got some companies putting out enough weed from 1 grow that it lasts 2 years from quantity or lack of sales and companies that are small batch with fresh bud every couple of months which is way better trichomes start to lose their potency as they turn amber and they amber over time so 2 year old weed is a big no no
there is lot of variances in the product from companies right now and its rough you dont know wtf you are buying if its 2 months old 2 years old 15% or 21% cause the range can be like 14-22 which is fucking crazy you might get all .2 .3 buds in a 7g jar

i feel like once/if they sort that shit out its going to boom hard as fuck because who wouldnt want to buy legal govt weed thats good and a reasonable price and shipped to your door vs some dealer you met
like the sales went up during the pandemic but why? because people arent going to their dealers for weed they bought govt to get to door delivery and stay the fuck inside

large amount of this increase i think could be sustained with a better system but its not there :(

and some companies are straight ripping people off like HEXO i bought 3 3.5 jars from them the first one was 3.4 and pretty good bud the next 2 were a little older packaged different dates and both 3g bud .2 shake and 3.2 like the shit was purposely weighed like that
plus some of the ways they do their anti stuff for bugs and mold and shit destroys the taste its just to commercially grown they need to enforce small batch grows or something it seems to be a much better result

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 8 2020 08:55pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 8 2020 08:52pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 8 2020 07:45pm)
damn that sucks dude

do you guys know what company or do these have their own stocks? im kinda curious on how they are doing "broken coast" "flowr" "san rafael" they seem to be pretty high priced but actually primo bud thats generally liked by the public from what ive seen
and thats crazy that aurara isnt profitable they have all kinds of shit maybe thats the problem they invested so much into having everything and not everything makes big profits

and it sucks to say the standards for govt weed should honestly be set higher i bought some weed that was like almost 2 years old and all the trichomes were like 80% amber
i really feel like the cannabis sector can still be improved by a good margin you got some companies putting out enough weed from 1 grow that it lasts 2 years from quantity or lack of sales and companies that are small batch with fresh bud every couple of months which is way better trichomes start to lose their potency as they turn amber and they amber over time so 2 year old weed is a big no no
there is lot of variances in the product from companies right now and its rough you dont know wtf you are buying if its 2 months old 2 years old 15% or 21% cause the range can be like 14-22 which is fucking crazy you might get all .2 .3 buds in a 7g jar

i feel like once/if they sort that shit out its going to boom hard as fuck because who wouldnt want to buy legal govt weed thats good and a reasonable price vs some dealer you met
like the sales went up during the pandemic but why? because people arent going to their dealers for weed they bought govt to get to door delivery and stay the fuck inside

large amount of this increase i think could be sustained with a better system but its not there :(

The ability to grow large quantities of weed was/is there.

Problem is availability and the high cost arising from legal production/regulation compared to those who do it illegally. Even in Metro Vancouver there is very few fully legit stores to purchase from and the ones that are around have super high prices most will just avoid. This is an issue no producer is immune to.

You are right. There was instances were supply outstripped demand so heavily it ended up being dead stock that never ended up being sold/consumed.

The Marijuana consumer is quite educated so you cant sell them skunk weed for a high price lol.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jun 8 2020 08:54pm
Gold: 698.00
Jun 8 2020 08:55pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Jun 8 2020 08:28pm)
is that good or bad? like i said i dont follow this shit :D
aurora seems like a company thats really invested into the whole cannabis distribution though they got everything from rolling trays to disposable vapes to bud lol

whatever u do dont buy into the company that is or owns "the green organic dutchman" the weed is below average and mad overpriced
i was reading up on the company apparently they already had to have one bailout from bankruptcy and seems they didnt learn or their growers just suck ass lmao

bad.like kya said. 12:1 raped everyone.
Gold: 10,995.01
Jun 8 2020 09:05pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Jun 8 2020 10:52pm)
The ability to grow large quantities of weed was/is there.

Problem is availability and the high cost arising from legal production/regulation compared to those who do it illegally. Even in Metro Vancouver there is very few fully legit stores to purchase from and the ones that are around have super high prices most will just avoid. This is an issue no producer is immune to.

You are right. There was instances were supply outstripped demand so heavily it ended up being dead stock that never ended up being sold/consumed.

The Marijuana consumer is quite educated so you cant sell them skunk weed for a high price lol.

honestly i feel like its just over commercialized for mass quantity when in this sector you need to focus on quality because like you said the average consumer is fairly educated and dont want shit weed thats like 10% even if its cheap as balls
people want good weed there not going to be like OMG THIS WEEDS TOO GOOD I CANT SMOKE IT there just going to smoke less if its that good thats how it works
but if weeds good people will pay a premium price shit look at broken coast they have pretty expensive bud at like 14-17% range which isnt very high but its good buds oood taste ect ect properly grown and people love that shit go look up youtube reviews i havnt seen one negative
same with san rafael it seems to be an older company that is generally liked by the average consumer and again their buds priced slightly higher at like $11/g
i had some flowr bud i paid $49 for an 8th of this stuff which is like 2x my street cost i got 23% or something it was some seriously primo bud imo not worth $50 but its probably some of the best weed on OCS so its selling even at that price point

you can tell the quality bud is whats selling no matter the price its like street weed people go to the dealer with the best bud 9/10 times and that 1 is cause dudes sketch as fuck

and the govt is bailing out the companies that cant figure that out dragging them on life support they need to die off so it can just be the companies who know wtf they are doing then get new ones who also know to replace the lost ones

in this sector its better to grow 5 pounds of 25% bud then 10 pounds of 15% bud but a lot of the companies are going for the bigger quantity and it lowers the quality these plants need maintenance you cant maintain like 2k plants properly vs 250 or something

smh it really does suck there is a lot of potential there but it doesnt seem like its going to hit it with the way things are going currently ... at least we can grow our own legally :D
oh and i hate companies that make up a strain name for an already named strain like dude its named that for a reason you cant just change it cause you want too and you think it sounds cooler to sell better lol

This post was edited by dragoneth on Jun 8 2020 09:25pm
Gold: 3,203.86
Jun 12 2020 12:17am
Broken coast is owned by aphria and the only legal pot i buy.

I got burned bad on my pot stocks

40k-> 140k -> 15k -> now sitting at 34k

I got burned HARD on cantrust.

E/ i signed up for medical so i can get a tax break on my broke coast which helps make it affordable.
80% of what i smoke is still black market though

This post was edited by Nearin on Jun 12 2020 12:19am
Gold: 345.69
Jun 12 2020 01:04am
Quote (Nearin @ 12 Jun 2020 00:17)
Broken coast is owned by aphria and the only legal pot i buy.

I got burned bad on my pot stocks

40k-> 140k -> 15k -> now sitting at 34k

I got burned HARD on cantrust.

E/ i signed up for medical so i can get a tax break on my broke coast which helps make it affordable.
80% of what i smoke is still black market though

broken coast is nice, good choice
Gold: 4,000.00
Jun 14 2020 08:36am
Wew actually got out to the open bars and got a pint last night. Finally open.
Gold: 27,914.53
Jun 14 2020 11:47am
Quote (StayPositive @ Jun 14 2020 07:36am)
Wew actually got out to the open bars and got a pint last night. Finally open.

InB4 rona
Gold: 255.11
Jun 14 2020 12:23pm
Quote (Darksern @ Jun 14 2020 01:47pm)
InB4 rona

Better late than never
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1137138139140141157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll