d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Best Solo Char?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 892.55
Mar 8 2020 01:34pm
hi just wondering which is best char to climg solo, just get a pala and seems like barb was a bit better for solo because of skills

what you thunk guys

of considering mid high mq eq like: 180+weap, 150+ arm and 50+ charm

also is it better to go full deff/dmg or hybryd (heal/dmg/ee)?
Gold: 19,029.13
Mar 8 2020 02:19pm
not sure which abilties a pala has which is better for solo than a barb.

I personally use 207ee club, 19xee plate with crit and 52 str charm. I use power strike/knockdown on a barb. Could theoretically use salvation (i dont really get this, doesnt seem to be that useful to me), doublestrike is an option after you've unlocked monk.
Precisely what do you mean by hybrid? if you simply mean using salvation with 0 points int, then that's just going full def/dmg and using salvation.
If you meant to put points into int, then don't. go full def/dmg lol.

Nothing wrong with that method, use what works for you. My way means you dont need to spend extra on a heal charm though, although it also means you need to shrine some stuff at level 60+

However good luck finding anyone selling a 180+ ee wep, not common. Also you'll need at least another 1k to even afford a 180ee club, presuming you can find one and presuming someone still doesnt outbid you.
Mar 8 2020 02:26pm
Quote (mclarke @ Mar 8 2020 09:19pm)
not sure which abilties a pala has which is better for solo than a barb.

I personally use 207ee club, 19xee plate with crit and 52 str charm. I use power strike/knockdown on a barb. Could theoretically use salvation (i dont really get this, doesnt seem to be that useful to me), doublestrike is an option after you've unlocked monk.
Precisely what do you mean by hybrid? if you simply mean using salvation with 0 points int, then that's just going full def/dmg and using salvation.
If you meant to put points into int, then don't. go full def/dmg lol.

Nothing wrong with that method, use what works for you. My way means you dont need to spend extra on a heal charm though, although it also means you need to shrine some stuff at level 60+

However good luck finding anyone selling a 180+ ee wep, not common. Also you'll need at least another 1k to even afford a 180ee club, presuming you can find one and presuming someone still doesnt outbid you.

i mean barb got better abiities for solo then pala

just wondering is it better to do hybrid character that have decent heal charm and int (few years ago pala was perfect for hybrid with his basic int)

or

pure dmg and deff character?

also wondering is it hybrid charms like int/str or int/dex worth it
or is it better to go pure str/dex(depend on weapon)?

This post was edited by aniolek on Mar 8 2020 02:27pm
Mar 8 2020 02:33pm
Quote (aniolek @ Mar 8 2020 08:26pm)
i mean barb got better abiities for solo then pala

just wondering is it better to do hybrid character that have decent heal charm and int (few years ago pala was perfect for hybrid with his basic int)

or

pure dmg and deff character?

also wondering is it hybrid charms like int/str or int/dex worth it
or is it better to go pure str/dex(depend on weapon)?

In terms of whether or not you like salvation i think it's something you're going to have to test for yourself, try a paladin, get 80 vita and rest of points into strength. Use powerstike till it's 51% then get salvation to 51%, this'll probably take you to MQ reaching those values.
Also try a barb using knockdown and powerstrike and see which you prefer.

In terms of items
I highly doubt you'll find a cheap str/int charm worth using. Much easier to get a 45-49 str charm, currently going for around 500-800 fg.
Mar 8 2020 02:37pm
Quote (mclarke @ Mar 8 2020 09:33pm)
In terms of whether or not you like salvation i think it's something you're going to have to test for yourself, try a paladin, get 80 vita and rest of points into strength. Use powerstike till it's 51% then get salvation to 51%, this'll probably take you to MQ reaching those values.
Also try a barb using knockdown and powerstrike and see which you prefer.

In terms of items
I highly doubt you'll find a cheap str/int charm worth using. Much easier to get a 45-49 str charm, currently going for around 500-800 fg.

i got str int charm and not sure to keep it or change it for pure str

Angelic fire XIV
Level Req: 55
Spell Damage: 42 to 112
Mana Cost: 109

+45 Strength
+17 Intelligence
+1 Magic Luck
+1 to 65 Life per Kill

also got lover lvl
Angelic wind X
Level Req: 35
Spell Damage: 20 to 90
Mana Cost: 77

+25 Strength
+29 Intelligence
+137 Max Life
+2% Critical Flux

basically 35 im concern about to keep it, as im not using it at all and not sure if its worh something
Mar 8 2020 03:08pm
the only way you're going to find out is testing salvation. if you don't like it, then the MQ charm is solid anyway.

For level 35 i'd be using pure strength, you should still be at a stage of needing very little town usage of maybe 1 time from level 35-55.
In terms of value, probably not a lot as everyone else has the same issue, where the int stat really doesn't do much.

If anything they're really good group charms for pala for using healback on mob difficulty events, but not anything people would specifically buy for that purpose.
Mar 8 2020 03:47pm
Quote (mclarke @ Mar 8 2020 10:08pm)
the only way you're going to find out is testing salvation. if you don't like it, then the MQ charm is solid anyway.

For level 35 i'd be using pure strength, you should still be at a stage of needing very little town usage of maybe 1 time from level 35-55.
In terms of value, probably not a lot as everyone else has the same issue, where the int stat really doesn't do much.

If anything they're really good group charms for pala for using healback on mob difficulty events, but not anything people would specifically buy for that purpose.

salvation is guardian so no point for me

btw i just realised that one of pala skill have no sense at all for me (solo or not)
holycross - charge with weapon but to use it you need to cast... what a nonsense does anyone using it?! why pala doesnt have balanced skills? or am i wrong and its perfect?
Mar 8 2020 05:02pm
Quote (aniolek @ Mar 8 2020 09:47pm)

btw i just realised that one of pala skill have no sense at all for me (solo or not)
holycross - charge with weapon but to use it you need to cast... what a nonsense does anyone using it?! why pala doesnt have balanced skills? or am i wrong and its perfect?

if you read my group guide, you'll see i recommend multistrike for every single melee class. The fact it's a salvation is a guardian skill is completely irrelevant. The point is, is that it CAN give you a reasonable heal as you get hit which is the entire point of wanting a heal.

And you're correct in saying all the charges with weapon for cast and vice versa are crap.
Theoretically can work but in practice they are just wastes of space and confuse new players.
Gold: 431,940.99
Mar 8 2020 08:30pm
Quote (aniolek @ Mar 8 2020 08:34pm)
hi just wondering which is best char to climg solo, just get a pala and seems like barb was a bit better for solo because of skills

what you thunk guys

of considering mid high mq eq like: 180+weap, 150+ arm and 50+ charm

also is it better to go full deff/dmg or hybryd (heal/dmg/ee)?

the best and strongest char for anything is warlock! the best char for a solo is the char class you like, they are all good!
Gold: 16,378.27
Mar 8 2020 10:53pm
Quote (Inkarnon @ Mar 8 2020 04:30pm)
the best and strongest char for anything is warlock! the best char for a solo is the char class you like, they are all good!

This is actually quite true.

Quote (aniolek @ Mar 8 2020 11:47am)

Salvation is an amazing skill, if you don't like going back to town to regen or shrine, it is probably going to be your best friend (put points into it starting around lvl 30 - 40 depending on your gear str, since it's kinda not needed until higher levels). But salvation is only going to be as strong as your heal, so if you don't have a very useful heal, don't bother, and don't bother getting int side mods either.

By the way, holy cross is actually a very usable skill since the damage coefficient for it is actually really high... only one issue. To make use of it, you will need to have a significant amount of int and a strong attack charm while still being mainly melee with ee weapon, and str or dex stats... and if you need to heal yourself, you will need either your heal or your attack charm to also be a stat charm. Because of how hard it is to get gear like this for just one class which usually you don't get stuck on, it's almost never used, and definitely not recommended for beginners.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll