d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Jormungandr - The Solo Samurai > A Guide For Solo Samurai
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 61,752.91
Feb 29 2020 04:58pm
Hey im Jormungandr, the lonely samurai!

In this guide i will try to help you to find the best way to make it from level 1 to 73 alone!

Samurai Stats at Level 1

100 HP
20 Mana

45 Strength
50 Dexterity
10 Intelligence
50 Vita

What gear i am able to use?

Weapons:

Sword:75 Str | 25 Dex - Swords have a high Damage range - you want to increase the damage by adding points into Strength.
Tier 3 Damage 3 - 30
1 Attack per Second

Dagger: 10 Str | 90 Dex - Daggers have a medium Damage range - Points to Dex will grant higher Crits and Damage.
Tier 3 Damage 12 - 21
1 Attack per Second

Longsword: 75 Str | 25 Dex - Longsword have a high Damage range - you want to increase the damage by adding points into Strength.
Tier 3 Damage 6 - 30
1 Attack per 1.8 Seconds

Armors:

Robe: High Magical Res - almost no Phsysical Defense - even with Stat Points into Vitality you will not gain much phsyical defense.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 0 - 3
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 6 - 18

Padded Robe:Better Physical Defense but still not as much as you would like.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 0 - 6
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 6 - 15

Leather Armor: A good combination of physical and magical defense - by adding Vitality you can even both out.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 3 - 9
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 3 - 12

Scale Armor: Tankers best Friend - a great combination of physical and magical defense
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 3 - 12
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 3 - 9

Chain Mail: Good physical defense - getting a little worse on magical defense.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 6 - 15
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 0 - 6

Plate Mail: High physical defense - nearly no magical defense, still better than a robe.
Tier 3 Defense Physical: 6 - 18
Tier 3 Defense Magical: 0 - 3

As you can see we are pretty limited in terms of the weapon choice, but we are able to use any armortype!

Charms:

Ice: Most consistant damage - most expensive (1 Immunes)
Tier 3 Damage: 15 - 18

Earth: Consistant Damage - higher maximum damage than Ice (1 Immune)
Tier 3 Damage: 12 - 21

Fire: High Range of Damage (2 Immunes)
Tier 3 Damage: 9 - 24

Wind: High Range of Damage (1 Immune)
Tier 3 Damage: 6 - 27

Light: Highest Range of Damage (1 Immune)
Tier 3 Damage: 3 - 30

Charms (Heal)

Wild Heal: High Healing Range - can be you death.
Tier 3 Heal: 3 - 30

Regular Heal:Medium Healing Range a good choice
Tier 3 Heal: 9 - 24

Focused heal:Most consistant source of healing - most expensive.
Tier 3 Heal: 15 - 18

We are also able to use any charms we want, which makes it way easier to find a set!

For which items should i looking for?

You will need as much as possible enhanced effect on your weapon. Imo sword > dagger > longsword, but you are able climb until warlock with a dagger + axe set. Monk can't use sword or axe.
You will need as much as possible enhanced effect on your armor. Imo scale armor > leather armor > chain mail > padded robe > plate mail > robe. You can also use a stat armor up to level 25. Also keep in mind which of the armor you can use after you passed to Paladin or even futher.
You will need as much as possible stats like dex or str on your charm. It doesnt matter which base type you choose here. Wildheals and Lightning are the most expensive ones, as you can use them later as Headhunter.

How do i stat?

Depends on your Weapon!
You will need to have roughly about 80-100 Vita, depends on your end armor and the current event.
Summarizing :
30-50 into Vita
Rest into Str or Dex

What skills do i have to use?

Level up Powerstrike up to 40, after that you should skill Twohitback until it reachs the same as Powerstrike. After that you can alternately increase these skills.

How do i heal?

Depending on your gear, you shouldnt need alot of healing with that guide. But of course you can use a healing charm in your acc charm slot!

Can i also use that Guide for group climbs?

Yes of course you can! Just go for Multistrike instead of Powerstrike.

If you got any questions, feel free to pm me or ask it here. Also if you got any ideas to improve the guide, feel free to post here :)
Mar 1 2020 02:39am
Also an importen hint for new players.

use /set easy 1 if you solo :)
Gold: 23,685.90
Mar 3 2020 01:33pm
Tracking.

Good luck!
Gold: 8,701.18
Apr 18 2020 12:43am
Hint: 200+ Maximum Life on a Tier 3 item (even just one) will hold you off to level 15... personally I like charm, but, since I also only pump Vitality from the start to 75, I can switch @ level 10 using a Stat charm.

Hint: Tier IV, V, VI can all be stat items on a samurai since killspeed will mean you level up before basically hitting under 50% health, as long as you have a Tier 3 +200 or more Max life item and you are pumping Vitality ... then you can use Enhanced Effect Armor later on at like level 20.

So first 19 levels = EE weapon / stat armor / @ least a Tier 3 200+ Max life charm to level 10 and then start using Stat charm.
Apr 18 2020 08:17am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 18 2020 08:43am)
Hint: 200+ Maximum Life on a Tier 3 item (even just one) will hold you off to level 15... personally I like charm, but, since I also only pump Vitality from the start to 75, I can switch @ level 10 using a Stat charm.

Hint: Tier IV, V, VI can all be stat items on a samurai since killspeed will mean you level up before basically hitting under 50% health, as long as you have a Tier 3 +200 or more Max life item and you are pumping Vitality ... then you can use Enhanced Effect Armor later on at like level 20.

So first 19 levels = EE weapon / stat armor / @ least a Tier 3 200+ Max life charm to level 10 and then start using Stat charm.

thanks for your input :)

i've never had any problems to survive without a max life charm. as you said, you kill enough fast to lvl up before you drop to critical level of life :)
Gold: 8,701.18
Apr 18 2020 03:46pm
Quote (Cardano @ Apr 19 2020 02:17am)
thanks for your input :)

i've never had any problems to survive without a max life charm. as you said, you kill enough fast to lvl up before you drop to critical level of life :)

Thanks.

It is not recognized because you are using Tier 3 items instead of starting items by the time you are using a Samurai.

Sorry, I only think of it as a new player coming into the game, it seems this information has only basic information... seen new people MQ after being dragged up in a group and not have anything better to use on a Samurai ... forgot to mention, I only use heavy weapons on my characters.

Also... if you get to Warlock, the charm with like +200 Max life would be awesome to have at the start, especially HC where I play.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Apr 18 2020 03:53pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll