d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Is This Pc Worth The Money? > Hi
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 49,142.00
Feb 25 2020 02:13pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Feb 25 2020 01:28pm)
u learn too or use nzxt's site for a prebuilt or get someone to do it or a shop.
But my point above stands, it may or may not be cheaper, some prebuilts have solid deals.
though I personally don't like cyberpower, I just got a new 4k camera so I'm fiddling with this atm or i'd look more in depth at links.

I say go to nzxt's site and compare those to the ones above.

Quote (ssdrmstre @ Feb 25 2020 01:40pm)
Wrong

The only time ive ever seen this remotely be the case was when GPUs were super overpriced due to the cryptocurremcy bubble

Otherwise youre getting awful psu/mobo/anything else they can skimp on for the same/worse price as quality components

E; also if you build yourself you can buy piecemeal when parts go on sale, which is a huge deal when you can go up a tier for your gpu from the savings

Quote (King Atrhur @ Feb 25 2020 02:02pm)
That implies it came close but not even true. I'm a millennial, just like you btw.
Maybe click the links and build op a pc as an example.

to be the case
PHRASE
If you say that something is the case, you mean that it is true or correct.
edit: source- https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/to-be-the-case

tbh if you have been building PCs since I was born and you haven't figured out that buying prebuilts can't compete with buying part of/all of your PC parts on sale then there isnt much to discuss. I'm not saying its 100%, but making a stand for the 1 in 1,000 and making a big show about it is pretty laughable

This post was edited by ssdrmstre on Feb 25 2020 02:14pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Feb 25 2020 02:18pm
I'm trying to get people here to stop regurgitating info.
No one actually puts in effort around here except a small few.

I've never seen you before so I feel your friends of someones here or just wondered in in any
case I don't need to prove myself to you, think I've proven myself time and time again around here.

I suggest you do as stated before and build him a pc and break it down for him like we do otherwise kindly fuck off.
Would do it myself but trying to fiddle with a new camera as stated.
Gold: 84.10
Feb 25 2020 02:34pm
Quote (ssdrmstre @ Feb 25 2020 01:40pm)
Wrong

The only time ive ever seen this remotely be the case was when GPUs were super overpriced due to the cryptocurremcy bubble

Otherwise youre getting awful psu/mobo/anything else they can skimp on for the same/worse price as quality components

E; also if you build yourself you can buy piecemeal when parts go on sale, which is a huge deal when you can go up a tier for your gpu from the savings

sometimes prebuilt has great deals that can not be ignored
so hes right
even if you have to replace something later, keyword is iif

and time is money some people dont have the time to build

hence why he said general rule of thumb
Gold: 0.00
Feb 25 2020 06:02pm
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dQCjRk
This is damn near the build you have chosen. It's slightly cheaper than the first price, I'm guessing the VAT is TAX? (not familiar with UK much). Honestly not a bad price for those components, That being said I think you could get a better overall system for your money with a different build.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FgXTZf
This will give you twice the amount of threads on the CPU if you ever decide to get into anything CPU intensive like video editing, modeling, etc.
The rest of the components in the build are just a bit higher quality; I'd recommend building this one over purchasing the first.

A good video for learning how to build a PC

This post was edited by zell1luk on Feb 25 2020 06:02pm
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll