d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Portland Trailblazers > 🤭
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,250.00
Jan 27 2020 01:57am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Jan 26 2020 11:49pm)
I've been watching the Grizzlies play a lot lately and I'm sold that they're the real deal.
Only thing against them is their youth and inexperience. Morant and Jackson Jr. are 20.
That Dillon Brooks kid was hitting some huge shots in yesterday's game. He was money.

The Memphis Grizzlies will be a playoff team for many years to come if they keep building the right way.

Valanciunas can ball with any center and Jae Crowder is a solid veteran that will return soon.
It's too bad that Andre Iguodala didn't buy into that team. He'd have been a nice fit for them.

That young Grizzlies team can learn a lot just by playing the Lakers in that 1 vs. 8 matchup if they make the playoffs.

It's not like I don't like what the Trail Blazers are doing now that they're healthy again, but Memphis is on the rise.

You getting some vibes like when the Lakers beat OKC in the first round 2010?
Gold: 39.70
Jan 27 2020 02:11am
Quote (Trust100Percent @ Jan 27 2020 01:57am)
You getting some vibes like when the Lakers beat OKC in the first round 2010?

I want to say yes, but I don't think the Grizzlies will do much more than win a game vs. the Lakers in the first round. 4-1 Lakers. The Lakers are too powerful of a team and they have all the components of a championship team. If Portland were to somehow snatch the 8th seed away from Memphis I think the results would be the exact same. It's a five-game series. I'd have to call it a stretch to say the Lakers will be taken to six or seven games in round one. Even if they faced a well coached team like the Spurs.

But I love the situation the Memphis Grizzlies are in. They're going to be a scary team for the next several years. It depends if their owner gives their general manager the green light to pay a luxury tax and if they pay to keep their drafted talent. I can see why Justin Timberlake was so excited when he invested some of his money into a small percentage of ownership stake on the Grizzlies. When the Houston Rockets start their eventual rebuild in four years, I'd hope they can land some franchise players in the draft, like the Grizzlies did, and not just rely on free agency.
Gold: 2,250.00
Jan 27 2020 02:17am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Jan 27 2020 12:11am)
I want to say yes, but I don't think the Grizzlies will do much more than win a game vs. the Lakers in the first round. 4-1 Lakers. The Lakers are too powerful of a team and they have all the components of a championship team. If Portland were to somehow snatch the 8th seed away from Memphis I think the results would be the exact same. It's a five-game series. I'd have to call it a stretch to say the Lakers will be taken to six or seven games in round one. Even if they faced a well coached team like the Spurs.

But I love the situation the Memphis Grizzlies are in. They're going to be a scary team for the next several years. It depends if their owner gives their general manager the green light to pay a luxury tax and if they pay to keep their drafted talent. I can see why Justin Timberlake was so excited when he invested some of his money into a small percentage of ownership stake on the Grizzlies. When the Houston Rockets start their eventual rebuild in four years, I'd hope they can land some franchise players in the draft, like the Grizzlies did, and not just rely on free agency.

Well I mean more on the line of the team will squeeze into playoffs and go up against a team they're not ready to beat but put up a fight and put the league on notice of a future threat.
Gold: 39.70
Jan 27 2020 02:25am
It will be interesting to see how the Grizzlies handle the Andre Iguodala situation. The trade deadline is less than two weeks away and he's a potential asset they can use to improve their roster in the near future. They can either get a decent player in return or a future draft pick. Potentially both. The Grizzlies were wise not to grant the buyout that Iggy and his agent wanted a long time ago. Maybe their patience is going to finally pay off.

A lot of Portland fans are very optimistic that they'll make the playoffs and I don't blame them for feeling that way. But they'll still need at least one of these teams to fall apart down the stretch: Mavericks, Rockets, Thunder and Grizzlies. And honestly, 5 to 7 seems locked in. I know the Rockets will make the playoffs even though they may keep losing the rest of this road trip.

So basically it's all down to that 8th seed. My mind says Memphis and my heart says San Antonio. I don't know man. Portland has work to do.
Gold: 310.00
Jan 27 2020 02:57am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Jan 27 2020 12:25am)
It will be interesting to see how the Grizzlies handle the Andre Iguodala situation. The trade deadline is less than two weeks away and he's a potential asset they can use to improve their roster in the near future. They can either get a decent player in return or a future draft pick. Potentially both. The Grizzlies were wise not to grant the buyout that Iggy and his agent wanted a long time ago. Maybe their patience is going to finally pay off.

A lot of Portland fans are very optimistic that they'll make the playoffs and I don't blame them for feeling that way. But they'll still need at least one of these teams to fall apart down the stretch: Mavericks, Rockets, Thunder and Grizzlies. And honestly, 5 to 7 seems locked in. I know the Rockets will make the playoffs even though they may keep losing the rest of this road trip.

So basically it's all down to that 8th seed. My mind says Memphis and my heart says San Antonio. I don't know man. Portland has work to do.

Two words

Damian Lillard

MVP
Gold: 27,873.00
Jan 27 2020 03:44am
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Jan 26 2020 08:56pm)
Damian Lillard is now 10th for most 50 point games.

1 Wilt Chamberlain 118
2 Michael Jordan 31
3 Kobe Bryant 25
4 James Harden 23
5 Elgin Baylor 17
6 Rick Barry 14
7 LeBron James 12
8 Allen Iverson 11
9 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 10
10 Dame/Bernard King 8

Lol at Wilt
Go Back To Basketball Topic List