d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Why I Play Only Classic Since 2008? > A Disappointment With The Lod.
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3,220.00
Jan 25 2020 08:07am
We know that the primary goal of everyone who develops a commercial product is to sell it, but some of the things that Blizzard did to achieve this goal irritated me a lot when Xpac was launched.

First of all the technical content of The Arreat Summit site ignored almost all the differences between Xpac and Classic.

An example that we can cite is the need for IAS for WW Bárbaro in LoD to be efficient while in Classic a good AR is enough to hit the blows at maximum frequency.

But it is obvious that it was not just that. The narrative placing Baal as a master over Diablo has not convinced me until today!

There are factors exclusively mine too, because I spent years learning about each class, each skill, each item and when they brought a 10x bigger list of novelty I ended up getting discouraged instead of getting excited.

Today we can see that Blizzard wants more is that players abandon D2 for good and throw it into limbo just as it was done with the original D1.

We can notice this with the several untreated bugs, the slowness in the server caused, according to the developers, due to the bots.

Bots play with purchased serials, so regardless of whether they are humans or robots, the need for internet bandwidth and server processing are equivalent.

They earned millions of dollars and when investing hundreds were discouraged, and the justification is time?

They almost managed to kill the Classic, and now I can clearly see that they are wanting the same fate for LoD.
Gold: 3,220.00
Feb 27 2020 09:52pm
I also forgot that in LoD there is no PvP, only You vs. Some Build available on the Internet.

The specific content for classic is extremely rare, so if you want to know something most of the time you will have to find out in practice, because everything that was written about the classic was practically overwritten with information of the XPac.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic