d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Kicksin Uber Merc Question > And Just Pvm In General
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,492.00
Jan 24 2020 11:03pm
Hey,

Was curious if anyone hand any insight on the optimal gear for a kicksin doing ubers/just pvm in general.

I have done a search and saw some people mentioning act 2 merc with either Death's Toll, Pride, or Obedience.

Personally I have had a lot of success very ubers without the merc, but I want to see if I can make him viable. I have tried Pride and Obedience and haven't noticed much of a difference, and I am hesistant to do Death's Toll because decrepify will override life tap, which is 100% needed for ubers.

I also thought about an act 1 merc with faith, but I don't have the gear for her yet so I wouldn't be able to try it... however if I am at the max break point for IAS will fant even help?
Gold: 144.33
Jan 24 2020 11:08pm

Reaper's for Decrepify unless you have your own source of Amp/Decrep.

Pride can work, otherwise anything will be fine, even an upped Kelpie Snare, you don't really need a merc.

The video above uses a resistance setup, presumably to keep the merc alive to provide Might aura.

Quote (Sath @ Jan 25 2020 05:28am)
Thank you for the response, very nice set up. So Obedience definitely makes him tougher. I guess my question is how do you survive without life tap since you can only have one curse on at a time?

And sounds like fant act 1 merc is probably useless with this build?

Just get life leech to survive. The video above demonstrates a Life tap and Amplify Damage setup, the latter of which is far superior. Pride will also work, but it won't make that much of a difference. You already have a lot of enhanced damage being applied to low base damage.

This post was edited by piatek on Jan 24 2020 11:38pm
Jan 24 2020 11:28pm
Quote (piatek @ Jan 25 2020 12:08am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCDJdKVEa4

Pride can work, otherwise anything will be fine, even an upped Kelpie Snare, you don't really need a merc.

The video above uses a resistance setup, presumably to keep the merc alive to provide Might aura.

Thank you for the response, very nice set up. So Obedience definitely makes him tougher. I guess my question is how do you survive without life tap since you can only have one curse on at a time?

And sounds like fant act 1 merc is probably useless with this build?
Gold: 1,110.00
Jan 25 2020 07:29am
infinity merc > for general pvm(higher death and/or ls dmg)
life tap is not 100% needed for ubers lol, my rather cheap one without cta and shit did it with atma ammu for amp. way faster, way funnier. my merc instantly died in ubers, but nn him.

ur wep should be stormlash, helm guillame(ias/res) , dual leech ring, raven, stormshield(ias/res), and ammy should be atma.

max out death sentri. act 2 might infi merc.

amp, static, conv and BOOM corpse explotion with awsome range boosted by infinity and amp and enemies already like 40% HP due to static.
Jan 25 2020 01:42pm
Quote (gel87 @ Jan 25 2020 08:29am)
infinity merc > for general pvm(higher death and/or ls dmg)
life tap is not 100% needed for ubers lol, my rather cheap one without cta and shit did it with atma ammu for amp. way faster, way funnier. my merc instantly died in ubers, but nn him.

ur wep should be stormlash, helm guillame(ias/res) , dual leech ring, raven, stormshield(ias/res), and ammy should be atma.

max out death sentri. act 2 might infi merc.

amp, static, conv and BOOM corpse explotion with awsome range boosted by infinity and amp and enemies already like 40% HP due to static.

Thanks for the advance, I actually haven't tried without life tap yet, so maybe I will give it a shot with a stormlash/atma set up.

Have you tiried just random pvm with an act 1 merc faith build? I am just wondering if fant really helps at all if you already have max kick speed from gear.
Jan 25 2020 02:08pm
Quote (Sath @ Jan 25 2020 08:42pm)
Thanks for the advance, I actually haven't tried without life tap yet, so maybe I will give it a shot with a stormlash/atma set up.

Have you tiried just random pvm with an act 1 merc faith build? I am just wondering if fant really helps at all if you already have max kick speed from gear.

infinity boost corpse explotion dmg of death sentries and makes u hit more than fana and gives might for free.
Gold: 134.69
Jan 25 2020 05:13pm
Quote (piatek @ Jan 25 2020 12:08am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCDJdKVEa4

Just get life leech to survive. The video above demonstrates a Life tap and Amplify Damage setup, the latter of which is far superior. Pride will also work, but it won't make that much of a difference. You already have a lot of enhanced damage being applied to low base damage.

im having an "i cant even read good" moment, which one is better? the amp? i really struggled with kicksin in ut this season, i went with dracs glove and black flail because i figured it was just a really fast smiter that needs ar.

e: do you have a build link? id really like to see what a properly built ut kicker looks like

This post was edited by dude_927 on Jan 25 2020 05:15pm
Gold: 45.00
Jan 25 2020 05:25pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jan 26 2020 01:13am)
im having an "i cant even read good" moment, which one is better? the amp? i really struggled with kicksin in ut this season, i went with dracs glove and black flail because i figured it was just a really fast smiter that needs ar.

e: do you have a build link? id really like to see what a properly built ut kicker looks like

Atma better
Forget about merc
Gold: 134.69
Jan 25 2020 05:32pm
Quote (wupa @ Jan 25 2020 06:25pm)
Atma better
Forget about merc

are my reading skills really poor today or is everyone just being slightly confusing?

e: lol the amulet, nvm i though you was talking about atmas wail the armor

This post was edited by dude_927 on Jan 25 2020 05:33pm
Jan 26 2020 04:19am
Quote (dude_927 @ Jan 26 2020 12:32am)
are my reading skills really poor today or is everyone just being slightly confusing?

e: lol the amulet, nvm i though you was talking about atmas wail the armor

every1 is ofc talking about Ashley's atma bugged boots :p haha, no its the ctc amp ammu
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll