d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Add A Like Button > A Feature That Will Benefit
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 26,095.00
Jan 24 2020 12:35pm
First I would like to apologize if this has been suggested as I couldn't find it.

My idea is similar to other platforms where other users can like a reply left by another user on a thread. The like button should be placed to the left of "report post" imo.

This seems beneficial to the community in several ways.

1) It should reduce SPAM on the forums by giving the users the ability to agree with other users without posting (reducing warns as well).

2) It can act as a guide to help users know when a price is right or wrong in longer trade topics.

3) It gives the ability to give positive feedback on another users comment without posting- which therefore means they can actually post something instantly after a like without a post cooldown.

Edit: I went Null to keep as fair as possible- if you don't think this should be a feature please give any points as to why , if you have any that is
Edit#2: Actual points please people.. We are all adults I hope- lets act like it.

Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 24 2020 01:45pm)
This isn't Facebook, let's keep it that way.

I don't see what your point is. Facebook is one of the MANY platforms that benefit from this feature. Look at the usage rate of these platforms before and after addition of a like button ( or a +1 as jsps like to call it.)

This post was edited by Massous24 on Jan 24 2020 01:02pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 24 2020 12:45pm
Gold: 193.83
Jan 24 2020 05:04pm
Voted yes. Would also like to know why people are voting no.

Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 24 2020 01:45pm)

I can name you over 10 different forum based websites that use likes in their forums.

Would love to know an actual valid reason.
Gold: 0.02
Warn: 80%
Jan 24 2020 05:22pm
i have null-voted your suggestion. i like the idea of a like button but i wouldnt want it on every section of this site.
as example, it would be totally fine in trophy rooms and on some help / discussion sections (like this or that)
but clearly not in trading sections because (personal thought) it could feed and motivate spammers especially
when their funny / dumb posts get upvotes such that they keep spamming while other people join them.
so basically it would distract from the actual topic and cause spam instead (if available in trading section or some others...).
Jan 24 2020 05:25pm
Quote (zetsubl @ Jan 24 2020 06:22pm)
i have null-voted your suggestion. i like the idea of a like button but i wouldnt want it on every section of this site.
as example, it would be totally fine in trophy rooms and on some help / discussion sections (like this or that)
but clearly not in trading sections because (personal thought) it could feed and motivate spammers especially
when their funny / dumb posts get upvotes such that they keep spamming while other people join them.
so basically it would distract from the actual topic and cause spam instead (if available in trading section or some others...).

Thanks for the reply!
I actually think it would benefit more in trading sections as instead of users filling a whole trade topic with spam- they can just like one spam comment that says what they're thinking..
And even if people join them and get 100 likes on a comment- its only a little number on the side of the post- its not a whole new post of its own- therefore slowly eliminating spam.

This post was edited by Massous24 on Jan 24 2020 05:25pm
Gold: 9,205.00
Jan 25 2020 03:58am
No.

You don't reduce spam by adding a like button unless it gives you a +1 post.
Anyone can like a post for any reason so it doesn't help users.

Adding it because some other forums have it is probably the poorest reasoning I've ever seen.
Jan 25 2020 07:27am
Quote (HardyTarget @ Jan 25 2020 04:58am)
No.

You don't reduce spam by adding a like button unless it gives you a +1 post.
Anyone can like a post for any reason so it doesn't help users.

Adding it because some other forums have it is probably the poorest reasoning I've ever seen.

But it will reduce spam... when a user posts a Spam topic, instead of posting something - can you simply like a comment to not spam the thread. (Just one example) this also reduces chance to get a warn

Valid reasons so far against it : 0

However losing in polls so I guess comparing it to other platforms is a sensitive subject to most of you.

Quote (bvanharjr @ Jan 25 2020 08:30am)
This isn't Facebook, this isn't Twitter. Been denied in the past, too, and that's not changing.

It’s 2020 though. It can get denied again, just a suggestion to help out the community. It would be nice if someone can link to the topic so I can see why a mod or higher user would deny this. Just looking for any valid reasons why it’s not a beneficial idea to the community.

And please read OP please give valid reasoning behind your points! So far all the no votes that have posted seem like they have a grudge with social media.

This post was edited by Massous24 on Jan 25 2020 07:37am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 25 2020 07:30am
This isn't Facebook, this isn't Twitter. Been denied in the past, too, and that's not changing.
Gold: 2,186.00
Jan 25 2020 08:49am

I hope that sexy "dislike" pic tells you everything why i'm againts this suggestion.

No? But that's exactly what you're proposing - to add a feature to d2jsp that tells you absolutely nothing!
Jan 25 2020 08:58am
Quote (Chos3n @ Jan 25 2020 09:49am)
https://ya-webdesign.com/transparent250_/thumbs-down-clipart-dislike-6.png

I hope that sexy "dislike" pic tells you everything why i'm againts this suggestion.

No? But that's exactly what you're proposing - to add a feature to d2jsp that tells you absolutely nothing!

Refer to OP for points on how this would reduce spam and warn.

For example, instead of all you spamming this saying it’s not Facebook, y’all could have liked the first comment that said that and moved on with your day instead of spamming ( in some areas of this forum you would get warn for spamming as all you did/ but can be stopped with a simple like button)

Edit : mods say they do not like giving people warns. If that’s true why won’t this feature work?!

Any post in a spam topic on the trading grounds is considered spam. If you simply like a reply- it’s not considered spam. This “like” button is a way for us to protect ourselves against loophole rules like this.
I say it’s a loophole- because if you spam in a spam topic- you actually are not breaking rule #3 because you are technically on “topic”.

I am here tryna protect the people of JSP.

Edit#2: I saw a closed topic where a med said it would promote spam. I highly disagree due to my points above. Med also said “ this isn’t Facebook” on the old thread. Again, Facebook is one of the hundred platforms that utilize a like feature and BENEFIT from it, and I’m sure if this site brought in half the amount of revenue Facebook brings Paul wouldn’t mind :rofl: ( and I only say that because if a med’s answer to a diff users suggestion was “this isn’t Facebook” and he couldn’t give him any reasons why- this is the answer you deserve back)

Less users will POST a spam reply if they can SIMPLY like a diff users comment instead of having to say it themselves also. Again- this will only reduce spam- any attempts to say this will create spam is not logical and if any valid points are made against it I would love to understand! Only trying to benefit the customers of this website and the staff by suggesting such a thing!

This post was edited by Massous24 on Jan 25 2020 09:22am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll